The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

More on those Wagner Troops , captured by UKR Troops in Sudan

The @KyivPost publishes footage of Ukrainian special forces of the Timur combat group interrogating captured mercenaries of the Wagner PMC in the Republic of Sudan. In the video, one of the fighters admits that the goal of the group consisting of a hundred men was to overthrow the local government.

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Now, THAT'S how you deal with Russia.

Just seven months ago, the west cowered in fear when Putin threatened a world food crisis, stating intent to blow up grain cargo ships if he wasn't given full control of the Black Sea.

So, Ukraine just started blowing up Russian warships.

Then you have some posters crying about money going to Ukraine lol. Just give Russia control of huge, important agricultural lands. What's the worst that can happen 🙄.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This could be a question for someone smarter than me?  @Optimist Prime

Is use of Ukrainian Intelligence forces better spent in Africa? And in what legal standing doing so.

I realize Wagner funnels money back to the war effort.  Supporting violent regimes for spoils of resources, gold, oil. Or are the GRU simply fighting for a competing regime? 

Competing bad regime's are far more common than democratic peaceful ones...

Edited by Canuck Surfer

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This could be a question for someone smarter than me?  @Optimist Prime

Is use of Ukrainian Intelligence forces better spent in Africa? And in what legal standing doing so.

I realize Wagner funnels money back to the war effort.  Supporting violent regimes for spoils of resources, gold, oil. Or are the GRU simply fighting for a competing regime? 

Competing bad regime's are far more common than democratic peaceful ones...

I have an opinion for every occasion but that doesn't make me smarter than anybody. 

If i had to guess, I would say that like Canada, Ukraine has intel units all over the world. I imagine they are up to date on what is going on with Wagner, and from what little I know, Wagner is very active on behalf of Russia in central Africa in general and the Central African Republic in particular. Perhaps they were going after particular people who were active at one point in Ukraine, similar to how Israel will snag a war crimes nazi in his 100th year from Paraguay from time to time. Pretty sure Ukraine would have a desk for Cen.African.Rep. and operators for that controller. After that it is just intel, opportunity and political will. 

17 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Yeah thay's what my (above) rant was about. So frustrating

It's definately frustrating.

It's sad that it's all because they lumped everything together with the border bill that was worked on JOINTLY by both Republicans and Democrats, only for some of the Republicans to back out just because it would remove their ability to fear-monger about the border during the election. The Republicans are even sacrificing other parts that their base wants to do all because they want to fear-monger.

It might be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard a party do ever and it's going to cost countless lives as a result.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

The Republican party is not interested in governing.  They are no more than a terrorist organization and will remain that way until Trump is held accountable for his crimes and the denazification process is completed.  These parasites are costing too many lives with their war against democracy.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been long time fans of these girls since they first started in 2012.

I have posted videos and talked about them before.

These girls have been fighting Putin for over a decade.

After not doing much for a while they came back last year to help join the fight for Ukraine. 

The doco, Pussy Riot Rage against Putin, is a must watch for anyone who has despised this maggot, long before the invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.freeview.com.au/watch-tv/shows/76f45f03-28b5-435a-a61a-ab9abf1daa5c 

Great bit of performance art where one of the girls pisses on a picture of putin.

They also take aim at Putin's buddy 

PO1135809 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1