The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I have been long time fans of these girls since they first started in 2012.

I have posted videos and talked about them before.

These girls have been fighting Putin for over a decade.

After not doing much for a while they came back last year to help join the fight for Ukraine. 

The doco, Pussy Riot Rage against Putin, is a must watch for anyone who has despised this maggot, long before the invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.freeview.com.au/watch-tv/shows/76f45f03-28b5-435a-a61a-ab9abf1daa5c 

Great bit of performance art where one of the girls pisses on a picture of putin.

They also take aim at Putin's buddy 

PO1135809 

Can never get enough girls' pissing videos!! ......Uhhh.....on Putin that is, of course!☺️

Edited by CaptainCanuck12

I'm not sure what to make of this though I'll try to be optimistic.

Zelensky fires Ukraine’s military chief in major shakeup nearly two years into war

President Volodymyr Zelensky has announced the dismissal of Ukraine’s top commander, General Valerii Zaluzhnyi, in the biggest military shakeup since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion almost two years ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/08/europe/zaluzhnyi-ukraine-military-chief-dismissed-intl/index.html

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

31 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Zelensky fires Ukraine’s military chief in major shakeup nearly two years into war

President Volodymyr Zelensky has announced the dismissal of Ukraine’s top commander, General Valerii Zaluzhnyi, in the biggest military shakeup since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion almost two years ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/08/europe/zaluzhnyi-ukraine-military-chief-dismissed-intl/index.html

it’s been noted for about 2 weeks that there is some kind of riff or difference of opinion between Zelinski and his General..

I’m sure we’ll here about it .

But The UKR is getting great leadership throughout,  regardless of this site.

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

And some people here tried to tell me it was all russian social media campaign. I trust my sources... And have another reason not to like Zelensky.

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Senate bill but it still has to go thru the House of Representatives. That is where the problem lies.  

Only need 4 Republicans to dissent, it's possible. (assuming every Democrat votes yes) 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Only need 4 Republicans to dissent, it's possible. (assuming every Democrat votes yes) 

I sure hope it passes. 

General Zaluzhnyi dismissal probably did not happen without consultation with NATO allies. There is probably a story here that we are not privy too. Big boots to fill. I wonder where inside the AFU he ends up.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I sure hope it passes. 

General Zaluzhnyi dismissal probably did not happen without consultation with NATO allies. There is probably a story here that we are not privy too. Big boots to fill. I wonder where inside the AFU he ends up.  

Sorry, but this is incorrect. All the Western partners of Ukraine expressed their displeasure of the move to Zelensky via their ambassadors. However, he decided to show everyone that he is the boss and figure out a path to have his way. There are more and more signs that Zelensky in time may become a mini-putin if left unchecked.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Sorry, but this is incorrect. All the Western partners of Ukraine expressed their displeasure of the move to Zelensky via their ambassadors. However, he decided to show everyone that he is the boss and figure out a path to have his way. There are more and more signs that Zelensky in time may become a mini-putin if left unchecked.

I am sorry Roman, I am not sure that we have all the facts, and there may be guidance we are unaware of. Politics can be ugly for sure, but sometimes it is all smoke in mirrors, as the US or UK may be forcing things that are being directly said to Zelensky, and for security measure are not being said out loud............

Simply put, we do not know.

And yet, you may be right! I just would not be betting on anything at this point.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JIAHN said:

I am sorry Roman, I am not sure that we have all the facts, and there may be guidance we are unaware of. Politics can be ugly for sure, but sometimes it is all smoke in mirrors, as the US or UK may be forcing things that are being directly said to Zelensky, and for security measure are not being said out loud............

Simply put, we do not know.

And yet, you may be right! I just would not be betting on anything at this point.

I actually do, I just don't have anything that I can post here from the "verified" sources that would be acceptable by everyone. You guys will have to take my word for it if you choose to do so 🙂.

I can give you a little bit that made into the open sources - https://censor.net/en/news/3462869/zelenskyys_longtime_ally_in_league_of_laughter_barulya_turned_out_to_be_citizen_of_russian_federation. I know the guy that is the subject of the article, Naum Barulya, pretty well since 1986. He is from my hometown and we played the same comedy improv game that later made Zelensky famous. Him and I are "friends" on Facebook. Everything that is written in the article is absolute truth and people who know Naum didn't learn anything new from it. But it was one a big revelation for the vast majority of people in Ukraine. Zelensky's nepotism is well documented in Ukraine.

I'm not trying to wave the flag "look, I know people", it's just a reality that I do 🙂.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I actually do, I just don't have anything that I can post here from the "verified" sources that would be acceptable by everyone. You guys will have to take my word for it if you choose to do so 🙂.

I can give you a little bit that made into the open sources - https://censor.net/en/news/3462869/zelenskyys_longtime_ally_in_league_of_laughter_barulya_turned_out_to_be_citizen_of_russian_federation. I know the guy that is the subject of the article, Naum Barulya, pretty well since 1986. He is from my hometown and we played the same comedy improv game that later made Zelensky famous. Him and I are "friends" on Facebook. Everything that is written in the article is absolute truth and people who know Naum didn't learn anything new from it. But it was one a big revelation for the vast majority of people in Ukraine. Zelensky's nepotism is well documented in Ukraine.

I'm not trying to wave the flag "look, I know people", it's just a reality that I do 🙂.

Please keep posting the things you do know from personal connections.  You've been right often enough that I think is silly for people to question the validity when it's obvious why you can't reveal the source.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Please keep posting the things you do know from personal connections.  You've been right often enough that I think is silly for people to question the validity when it's obvious why you can't reveal the source.

@RomanPer

Common Hefty, no one is questioning Roman himself. He has an invaluable perspective, and is a great guy. What I said was, is that Roman's source may not be high enough up the food chain to be in the know. It may be as tight as 1 or 2 people knowing. No one knows. ( I am not comparing the two, but remember when Trump and his interpreter, met with the Russians.....the only people that actually knew what was said was the 2 Americans and the Russians ) No his inner circle or anyone else. Is it impossible to believe that those types of meeting happen from time to time? That is all I am saying.....not that Roman's source is even wrong.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

@RomanPer

Common Hefty, no one is questioning Roman himself. He has an invaluable perspective, and is a great guy. What I said was, is that Roman's source may not be high enough up the food chain to be in the know. It may be as tight as 1 or 2 people knowing. No one knows. ( I am not comparing the two, but remember when Trump and his interpreter, met with the Russians.....the only people that actually knew what was said was the 2 Americans and the Russians ) No his inner circle or anyone else. Is it impossible to believe that those types of meeting happen from time to time? That is all I am saying.....not that Roman's source is even wrong.

Neither was Heff. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1