The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Ukraine's military faces a critical shortage of infantry, impacting morale as Russia intensifies attacks. Soldiers and commanders report severe personnel deficits, with some units having less than 40 infantry troops out of the required 200. President Zelenskyi considers replacing Commander-in-Chief Zaluzhnyi, amid disagreements over mobilizing new troops while financial constraints and stalled aid packages hinder recruitment efforts, causing concern among soldiers on the front line. Troop shortages lead to extended deployments, exhaustion, and diminished defenses against Russian advances. The debate on mobilization aggravates tensions and threatens the front's stability, WSJ writes.

Just my thoughts :

but I would not doubt for one minute if Zaluzhnyi  is not being put in charge of more secret / special operations, that might help to end this war quicker by eliminating key figure heads within RuZ.

Not to seem too cryptic , but at the end of his message he states :

“”I am proud of everyone in the Armed Forces of Ukraine who protect the future of our children. All soldiers, sergeants and officers. I bow my head to all those who gave their lives for Ukraine and freedom. We will remember and take revenge for everyone.

Ukrainians will definitely win.

Glory to Ukraine! “”

Valery Zaluzhnyi's last words as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine:

In the first, most difficult days of the Great War, we stood against a vile and powerful enemy. Endured together. Our battle continues and changes daily. The tasks of 2022 are different from the tasks of 2024. Therefore, everyone must change and adapt to new realities as well. To win together too.

We just met with the Supreme Commander. An important and serious conversation.
A decision was made about the need to change approaches and strategy.

Grateful to everyone who is close. To the team of the General Staff, the Ministry of Defense, the President of Ukraine.

I am proud of everyone in the Armed Forces of Ukraine who protect the future of our children. All soldiers, sergeants and officers. I bow my head to all those who gave their lives for Ukraine and freedom. We will remember and take revenge for everyone.

Ukrainians will definitely win.

Glory to Ukraine!

3 hours ago, JIAHN said:

@RomanPer

Common Hefty, no one is questioning Roman himself. He has an invaluable perspective, and is a great guy. What I said was, is that Roman's source may not be high enough up the food chain to be in the know. It may be as tight as 1 or 2 people knowing. No one knows. ( I am not comparing the two, but remember when Trump and his interpreter, met with the Russians.....the only people that actually knew what was said was the 2 Americans and the Russians ) No his inner circle or anyone else. Is it impossible to believe that those types of meeting happen from time to time? That is all I am saying.....not that Roman's source is even wrong.

Situation with Zelensky is quite different than with Putin. The latter is indeed very closed in many situations. Zelensky is complete opposite - he’s craving attention and outside approval. He has a very large group of advisors, far more than many other heads of states and they are all aware of what’s happening. Let’s just say, some advisors talk to their old friends 🙂

I personally met Zelensky back in 2012, way before his political aspirations and way before his now famous show. He was just a leader of his comedy group that grew from KVN team with the same name. I also played the same game in my youth and a lot of my close friends stayed involved in the business for many years and they were and still are friends with Zelensky. I visited Ukraine to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the KVN game in my hometown and Zelensky and Kvartal 95 were guests at that celebration. We had a nice party with a lot of drinks and laughs. He probably attended plenty of these and most likely will not remember me now, 12 years later. However, almost his entire inner circle are people from the same background as he is. And by rough count, I think we have at least 50 good friends in common. And if you count people like Naum Barulya from my previous post, the number would probably be in hundreds. All this is to say - Zelensky by all accounts talks to a lot of people around him, he doesn’t make his decisions in isolation. And the only reason he replaced Zalyzhny is jealousy - he’s worried that Zalyzhny is becoming too popular and being looked at as an opposite to Zelensky. He’s afraid that Zalyzhny will step into political career in the future and challenge him for presidency. As simple as that.

Just heard that there will be some good news related to Zaluzhny in a few hours (morning in Ukraine). Let’s wait and see.

update: he was awarded a status of Hero of Ukraine - the highest military war time honor.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Great interview overall though eh? 

Yeah like the part where Poutine basically says it was the Poles own fault for the Germans invading them (probably to deflect a possible future question as to why the Soviets *ALSO* invaded/attacked Poland pretty much at the same time - which many people sometimes forget [remember that WW2 started because Germany invaded Poland but the Soviets 'got a pass'].

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah like the part where Poutine basically says it was the Poles own fault for the Germans invading them (probably to deflect a possible future question as to why the Soviets *ALSO* invaded/attacked Poland pretty much at the same time - which many people sometimes forget [remember that WW2 started because Germany invaded Poland but the Soviets 'got a pass'].

What was the direct quote if that and what’s the time stamp on that? That’s unsettling and I want to listen to that incriminating portion.