The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Kremlin threatens to unleash Armageddon on the West if it loses in Ukraine: Moscow warns it will fire nuclear missiles on London, Washington, Berlin and Kyiv if Russia is forced to give up territory

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13097421/kremlin-threatens-Armageddon-west-russia-loses-Ukraine.html

Putin pulling a Trump temper tantrum.

Throwing Borscht instead of ketchup?

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

stick around ,  your in for some fun .

but perhaps try taking some vermectin first.

Well, how can I say no to the de facto custodian of the thread? If I go any further, understand I am totally against the Russian invasion, and I want what is best for the Ukrainian people. If Putin was so worried about the discriminated against ethnic Russian population of Donbass, his solution should have been to provide them refuge in Russia, not use it as an excuse to invade. Beyond that, he was going for Kiev, so no excuses. It was sheer expansionist, restore the glory of the old Soviet Union bs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Well, how can I say no to the de facto custodian of the thread? If I go any further, understand I am totally against the Russian invasion, and I want what is best for the Ukrainian people. If Putin was so worried about the discriminated against ethnic Russian population of Donbass, his solution should have been to provide them refuge in Russia, not use it as an excuse to invade. Beyond that, he was going for Kiev, so no excuses. It was sheer expansionist, restore the glory of the old Soviet Union bs.

just note @Malibu ,

there are many “seasoned” vets involved and contributing their personal knowledge and backgrounds experience to this thread,

This is a War ,.  close to expanding into a World War.

Propaganda and rhetoric is usually called out quickly ,.

even if I’ve mistakenly posted it myself ..

and I am grateful for the posters who do.

But it is not tolerated in this thread for discussion or “whataboutism” ..

especially with an average of 900-1000 RuZ troops liquidated daily,.  And only the Gods know how many from UKraine.

I think this thread offers much, if not more than most mainstream media,  as posts come in from various sources, many that are credible and have been offering insights and information directly out of UKR and RuZ.

14 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Ok, let's here it. How would Trump have prevented the war?

min the last 24 hrs I saw a video of him talking about leaving Biden with the complicated task of exiting AFGanistan,

he actually took credit for that fiasco,

and in doing so the 13 troopers killed when they did.

was recently at a rally in Michigan ?

17 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

'Because I got along with Vladimir Putin very well. I said "Vladimir, don't do it, you know you and I are friends, don't take over any countries'

Can't get much clearer than that. Lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Malibu said:

What's best for the Ukrainian people is the complete extermination of Putin's Nazi regime and the subhuman vermin currently infesting Ukraine.  

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 10:02 PM, I.Am.Ironman said:

Well Trump did prevent war over his term. Smart enough to know not to push NATO membership for Ukraine for one thing, as Putin stressed it was a no go, whereas Biden insisted on leaving it on the table. My guess is that most of the large majority of people who think the invasion wouldn't have happened on Trump's watch probably would say it was his crazy/tough persona combined with his wish to make allies of enemies as was the case with both Kim Jong and Putin. It kept the peace.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/president-trumps-instincts-on-ukraine-have-been-bad-but-hes-right-about-one-thing/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/08/biden-didnt-accept-putins-red-line-on-ukraine-what-it-means.html

23 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Well Trump did prevent war over his term. Smart enough to know not to push NATO membership for Ukraine for one thing, as Putin stressed it was a no go, whereas Biden insisted on leaving it on the table. My guess is that most of the large majority of people who think the invasion wouldn't have happened on Trump's watch probably would say it was his crazy/tough persona combined with his wish to make allies of enemies as was the case with both Kim Jong and Putin. It kept the peace.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/president-trumps-instincts-on-ukraine-have-been-bad-but-hes-right-about-one-thing/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/08/biden-didnt-accept-putins-red-line-on-ukraine-what-it-means.html

Prevented war or one just didn't happen? Luckily, wars don't happen all that often so there have been many Presidents who did not have to deal with one. 

Half of Trumps presidency was spent during a global pandemic and not even Putin would have started a war during that time. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Malibu said:

So basically, he would have assisted Putin instead of holding him accountable. Treating subhuman vermin like Putin with respect does not historically turn out well.  

• Like 2

"Russian forces would need to conduct widespread and competent cross-country maneuvers," in order to capture additional Ukrainian territory in the immediate future, the ISW notes. "Russian forces have not displayed the capability to conduct such maneuvers, either near Avdiivka or in any other sector of the front."