The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Watch a cool video of how the 79th Air Assault Brigade burns the entire russian column of armored vehicles on the Marinka-Novomykhailivka section.

After the destruction of the armored vehicles, the Ukrainian paratroopers advanced as infantry to neutralize the remnants of the armored group.

I watch this video when enemy vehicles are being destroyed one after another and try to guess the thoughts of the last ones in the column when the crew sees all this. They see their comrades ahead being destroyed closer and closer and realize that they are next in line.

• Cheers 1

Russia’s economy grew 3.6% in 2023, some of that is due to ramping up the military production.

I wonder how long unified European front on sanctions is going to persist, since their economies are hurting more than the U.S. Especially since based on current situation, Ukraine doesn’t have enough weapons or manpower for any large counteroffensive. The best they can do, is to dig in and prevent any further loss of territory. 

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is what irritates me about this ATACMS topic. What is there to "work on"? Here's what needs to be done - 1) Load ATACMS on trucks; 2) Drive to the airport; 3) Load ATACMS on a military plane; 4) Fly to Poland; 5) Unload ATACMS from the plane to the trucks; 6) Drive to the border with Ukraine.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

How many times have you and I posted this here ? Countless times over the last year , and it always amounts to fuck all. Same with the Taurus missiles from Germany.

Putin has just announced that Russia is starting production of the Zircon Hypersonic missile, and the West is still dithering over whether to send Ukraine standard long range missiles.

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

The US released their latest sanctions package against Russia and it is substantial.

More than 300 individuals and entities have been added to the sanction list. It is the largest sanction package extension which has been issued so far. One of the targets is the Russian payment system "Mir". It already suffered under the sanction regime but this will bury it once and for all.

This time, not only Russians were targeted but also sanction evaders in third countries. Among them are a range of companies in China, Serbia, UAE, Kyrgyzstan and Liechtenstein. The message is clear:

You can trade with the world or you can trade with Russia. You can and will not have it both ways.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vikingqb said:

Taking it to the proper thread. Also was just looking at a challenge from you, the answer was gonna be along the same lines as this was.

A challenge?

I aint here to fight.  Usually people who say n/m have something worth hearing but just don't want to deal with the ensuing conversation