The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Brave Brave men ..

31,000 versus 408,000   or 1 to 13 approx.

Ukraine population about 38 million(2022)

Russia population  about 144 mill (20222).

so far, Ukraine is winning the battle of  population attrition.

• Cheers 1

Let’s not forget that UKraine was highly militarized before being asked to de-militarize and de-Nuke ,  

Now they can re-build with state of the art, and should never , ever have to demilitarize again.

Slava UKrainia 

We have Ukrainian-made long-range weapon, which hit a target at 700 km, - Kamyshyn

"The most important program for our country is the missile program. But I will say no more about it than the president - we have our long-range weapon, which hit a target 700 km away," said the Minister of Strategic Industries during the "Ukraine. 2024".

16 minutes ago, Gurn said:

the 31,000 number is deaths, not casualties, and the 400,000 number is casualties, not deaths.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gurn said:

How many foreigners are Russia hiring to fight in Ukraine? Appears to be quite a few. Ukraine can’t win a war of attrition. So called allies must send all aid possible including advanced weapons. Failure to do so means Ukrainians are being used and can never trust the west. Germany and Poland have to eliminate all the impediments and support Ukraine to the max.

Sanctions? Should all be in place now, 2 years in? Russian weapons have western parts? Why aren’t offenders being put in prison? Again a suggestion that Ukrainians are being used. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Just an FYI ,   This .. is gaining traction and popularity..

This is great to see. I bet even staunch Republican vets are disgusted with MAGA Mike.

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Like 3

To add to an earlier report about tanks via rail …

seems someone has aired the coordinates 🙂

ATESH recorded the arrival of a large number of tanks at the railway station in Yevpatoria, occupied Crimea. 
The successful actions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces at the front force the invaders to reactivate their reserves.
Our agents watched the unloading of tanks in Yevpatoria at the Tovarnaya station. After unloading, our agent counted more than 30 T-62 tanks. It should be noted that these are Soviet tanks that were produced in 1975 and were withdrawn from service in the Russian Federation.

Parking coordinates: 45.21347956851094, 33.373166696298654.

The absence of new models of tanks on the battlefield and their replacement with old ones will not greatly increase the firepower of the invaders. In any case, not all of them will reach the front.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Gurn said:

8 hours ago, 112 said:

the 31,000 number is deaths, not casualties, and the 400,000 number is casualties, not deaths.

When Zelensky claims 31,000 Ukrainian deaths, he also claims 180,000 Russian deaths.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

When Zelensky claims 31,000 Ukrainian deaths, he also claims 180,000 Russian deaths.

Zelensky's numbers of Ukrainian deaths are low according to US officials.   I can understand why he would want to downplay UK deaths and overstate Russian ones. Says CNN:

At least 31,000 Ukrainian soldiers have died in the war with Russia, Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky said Sunday, in a rare admission of his country's losses.

Zelensky disputed Russian claims of much higher numbers when it comes to Ukrainian casualties. The Ukrainian president also said tens of thousands of civilians in occupied parts of the country have been killed. 

CNN cannot independently verify these numbers. Ukraine's battlefield losses are a closely guarded secret, but US officials estimate some 70,000 soldiers have been killed — and nearly twice that number wounded.

Some context: Throughout the conflict, Kyiv has been hesitant to admit how many soldiers have been killed. Former Ukraine Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said in June 2022 that he believed tens of thousands of Ukrainians had been killed since February of that year. But two months later, Valerii Zaluzhnyi, then the head of Ukraine’s armed forces, said 9,000 troops had been killed.

Russia, meanwhile, has lost a staggering 87% of the active-duty ground troops it had prior to the invasion, a source familiar with a declassified US intelligence assessment provided to Congress told CNN in December.

• Upvote 1

I was looking over some refugee numbers, and thus far 481k Ukrainians have arrived in the U.S and Canada.

Germany has absorbed more than 1.1 million refugees. Even tiny Montenegro has taken in 37k refugees.

Once the war is over, population drop is something that will affect them forever.

Lack or failing support for Ukraine does not jive with the political support that has been repeatedly asserted. Clearly Russia has supporters and active agents in the west who are undermining political direction. Sabotage of Ukrainian grain shipments through Poland is an obvious example. Clearly Russian agents have infiltrated German politics in a major way. Europe is failing Ukraine if they allow a Russian offensive to retake Kharkiv. If European governments do not secure their own internal capabilities against pro Russian supporters then Ukraine is doomed along with other Eastern European countries. If Ukraine falls I suspect NATO itself will self destruct. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I was looking over some refugee numbers, and thus far 481k Ukrainians have arrived in the U.S and Canada.

Germany has absorbed more than 1.1 million refugees. Even tiny Montenegro has taken in 37k refugees.

Once the war is over, population drop is something that will affect them forever.

Even more than that is the infrastructure that needs to be rebuilt (will cost a *TON* of money) that the Poutine Imperial Army destroyed.  They'll need help to recover.  Alot of help.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

A lot of people that I came across tell me that they are planning to head back home when the war is over. Yes, there's certain percentage that would choose to stay in the new countries, but I think the number of returning refugees will be much higher.

16 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

A lot of people that I came across tell me that they are planning to head back home when the war is over. Yes, there's certain percentage that would choose to stay in the new countries, but I think the number of returning refugees will be much higher.

I suspect the longer they stay the less likely they go back.

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I suspect the longer they stay the less likely they go back.

Remember - majority of refugees are women with children, whose husbands are fighting in the war or working in Ukraine. They will want to reunite with their loved ones when the war is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1