The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Very interesting study by the US Armed forces on a spillover from Ukraine into WW3

As someone who wants to see a peace accord / settlement and who’s bothered by the lack of effort in that regard, l’’d be curious how many war supporters would suddenly change their mind if draft was instituted 

interesting times - I pray we don’t have to find out. 

16 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Very interesting study by the US Armed forces on a spillover from Ukraine into WW3

As someone who wants to see a peace accord / settlement and who’s bothered by the lack of effort in that regard, l’’d be curious how many war supporters would suddenly change their mind if draft was instituted 

interesting times - I pray we don’t have to find out. 

The conditions for peace are not possible at the moment. These two threads will bring you up to speed why...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Kill switch and thermal patches that will melt the equipment or important parts of it at US control.  Seems easy enough

If the US can track an item to an area not of the agreed theater they zap it and it melts.

Let's not pretend they don't have that technology handy

• Cheers 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Russia cant even beat a bunch of freezing back water Ukranians but Germany is afraid of confrontation with russia?

Is it money?  energy?  Pee photos?  WTF does Russia have on germany?

Germany is the second biggest supporter of Ukraine. In the chart below, note that a lot of the EU Institutions funds come from Germany also so their total contribution is actually bigger, but I don't know why they're slow walking Taurus🤷‍♂️

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-against-ukraine/ukraine-support-tracker/

image.thumb.png.05e902b0f9b1aa8e11afe5213f812b83.png

27 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

The conditions for peace are not possible at the moment. These two threads will bring you up to speed why...

That wasn't really my point...the point was I prefer peace, but I'm curious how many people would change their support for the war machine when and if a draft is implemented...but to your point...

Have you watched the interview with RFK Jr on Hannity? Very interesting insight...curious what your thoughts are on that?

I am anti war, and also a pragmatist / realist. Wars are not as simple as good guy bad guy imho, there's alot of geopolitics involved (above our pay grade, but I do firmly believe there are groups (Military Industrial Complex) that like war because its good business.

This is not to suggest Putin is good, nor in support of him, just that we need to also realize, that as a result, there is also alot of propaganda coming from all sides for reasons beyond "morality". In fact, most wars since the dawn of time were not moral (hitler excluded)...but for resources / money. I think reasonable people need to start thinking more. We were also told Saddam had WMD's...that Iraq caused 911 when it was Saudi....etc etc.. many examples. The war machine loves war...again, it doesn't absolve Putin but we aren't such "good guys" either historically and as RFK explains here...

Edited by BlockerHigh

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

I'm sorry but I won't debate Fox News and RFK Jr.

Its not actually "fox news" - its an interview of a man running for President as a Democrat.

Personally, my view is that being dismissive of a man who knows a great deal more about geopolitics than you or I,  is a suggestion of fear, fear of learning things you may not like so much. In order to have rational, educated debates, imho, that requires listening and assessing views you may not like.

No offence meant, but your approach, the dismissiveness of views that differ from yours, will not serve you well in life. I also think this is a major issue in society today.

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Its not actually "fox news" - its an interview of a man running for President as a Democrat.

Personally, my view is that being dismissive of a man who knows a great deal more about geopolitics than you or I,  is a suggestion of fear, fear of learning things you may not like so much. In order to have rational, educated debates, imho, that requires listening and assessing views you may not like.

No offence meant, but your approach, the dismissiveness of views that differ from yours, will not serve you well in life. I also think this is a major issue in society today.

Cheers!

It's Fox news interviewing a lunatic who belongs in an insane asylum.  No one in their right mind takes either of the idiots in that video seriously.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's Fox news interviewing a lunatic who belongs in an insane asylum.  No one in their right mind takes either of the idiots in that video seriously.

This is often another response of people unwilling to listen to other views...slander....I would rather you tell me how you know more and how he is wrong? That to me would be interesting. I certainly don't know more than RFK and as such will consider his views.

Calling someone a name doesn't defeat an argument friend, it actually suggests you may not have one.

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

That wasn't really my point...the point was I prefer peace,

Peace is good, but at what cost?

If I break into your house, and occupy the living room, bathroom, kitchen and garage- are you ok with just retaining the rooms that I left you with?

If so, please pm me with your address.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

This is often another response of people unwilling to listen to other views...slander....I would rather you tell me how you know more and how he is wrong? That to me would be interesting. I certainly don't know more than RFK and as such will consider his views.

Calling someone a name doesn't defeat an argument friend, it actually suggests you may not have one.

You're right, we should let antivax conspiracy nut jobs have a say in foreign policy.  Great idea.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Peace is good, but at what cost?

If I break into your house, and occupy the living room, bathroom, kitchen and garage- are you ok with just retaining the rooms that I left you with?

Again, I am a pragmatist. When there's war, when is there ever an "ok lets agree we go back to the way things were". To stop it you have to accept things will change. The alternative is perpetual war (aka middle east) or in this case a draft and ww3. None of which are appealing to most I would think. Particularly given Russia is a Nuclear power.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

You're right, we should let antivax conspiracy nut jobs have a say in foreign policy.  Great idea.

Well he also said the covid vaccines were a risk, and as someone double vaxxed I was never warned of the risks of myocarditis and percarditis, or of the other potential side effects. I have a nephew who had myocarditis from the vaccine, and scans have shown his heart is now permanently scarred. As I don't want to derail this thread, I will say this. I don't have as simple view of things as you do. I believe life and truth are much more complex than you are giving credence to. But we can disagree! That's the great thing about life! Cheers!

3 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Again, I am a pragmatist. When there's war, when is there ever an "ok lets agree we go back to the way things were". To stop it you have to accept things will change. The alternative is perpetual war (aka middle east) or in this case a draft and ww3. None of which are appealing to most I would think. Particularly given Russia is a Nuclear power.

Agreed, the only solution is the complete extermination of Putin and his regime.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

I've listened enough to know that RFK Jr. is not worth listening to, do you believe what trump says? Is he worth listening to?

36 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

That wasn't really my point...the point was I prefer peace.

I too prefer peace, read the two threads I posted. They specifically address the point that you claim wasn't your point.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Could you please answer the question-

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

I've listened enough to know that RFK Jr. is not worth listening to, do you believe what trump says? Is he worth listening to?

I too prefer peace, read the two threads I posted. They specifically address the point that you claim wasn't your point.

Trump has some correct things he's said, he's said alot of stupid things too. So had Biden, AOC, Hillary etc... I can say this. I don't trust governments and I follow independent journalists like Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibi, and numerous others, who are not "main stream" media. Because today's media for the most part is actually propaganda and lies.

I can give you a list of information (outside of this war topic) which would make you question a great deal of what you're told by say CBC, CNN, BBC, etc. Some people want to learn, some people feel safer believing the government is honest and being doing what's right for you.

But anyways, this isn't the place....I can see the views here are biased in a certain manner and clearly we don't agree and no one can force anyone to want to look at things in a manner they choose not to. I am much too old to know that now.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Could you please answer the question-

War is not so simple friend. Come on man, you can't think this simplistically can you?

24 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

I certainly don't know more than RFK and as such will consider his views.

Again, RFK peddles the idea that covid was manufatured with the intent to harm all groups except for Chinese and Jewish people.

These were words out of his mouth. Not some media, striaght from the horse.

Why would I listen to his views on anything else when It seems obvious that he is trying to stimulate the divide with lies...

or, do you believe what he said about covid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2