The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Gripen is basicly purpose build for this conflict, but I worry there just isn't enough scale to make them very useful (~300 produced in total). Is adding 10 or 12 Gripens worth all the training, supply chain, and munitions complications it would cause? I don't really know.

If the option was hundreds of F16s or hundreds of Gripens, it would be a great choice. I wonder if Sweden can work out deals with current operators of F16s to sell them Gripens at a discount if they donate their current F16 fleets to Ukraine.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

To add to an earlier report about tanks via rail …

seems someone has aired the coordinates 🙂

ATESH recorded the arrival of a large number of tanks at the railway station in Yevpatoria, occupied Crimea. 
The successful actions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces at the front force the invaders to reactivate their reserves.
Our agents watched the unloading of tanks in Yevpatoria at the Tovarnaya station. After unloading, our agent counted more than 30 T-62 tanks. It should be noted that these are Soviet tanks that were produced in 1975 and were withdrawn from service in the Russian Federation.

Parking coordinates: 45.21347956851094, 33.373166696298654.

The absence of new models of tanks on the battlefield and their replacement with old ones will not greatly increase the firepower of the invaders. In any case, not all of them will reach the front.

Geolocating russian assets for Ukraine officials is a planet wide hobby now. The key is very recent broad images that will show some features or skylines of towns that can be compared to maps and satalite imagery. Obviously the older the image, the less likely it will be useful. 

53 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Gripen is basicly purpose build for this conflict, but I worry there just isn't enough scale to make them very useful (~300 produced in total). Is adding 10 or 12 Gripens worth all the training, supply chain, and munitions complications it would cause? I don't really know.

If the option was hundreds of F16s or hundreds of Gripens, it would be a great choice. I wonder if Sweden can work out deals with current operators of F16s to sell them Gripens at a discount if they donate their current F16 fleets to Ukraine.

I was hoping Canada would buy the new Gripen vs the F35's but c'est la vie. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I think Scholtz dosent want to get pushed out of a window ..

I never trusted this bastard. Heavy on BS with little follow through. Something like Canada. Germany more than any country should be going flat out to help Ukraine.

• Cheers 2

The lady who has lead the charge in pushing Ukraine to its destruction, Victoria Nuland and the head of NATO Jens Stoltenberg have finally cut through the BS and said the real motives abd profiteers off of this war. 

Money going to Ukraine is going directly to the military industrial complex in the States as stated by Nuland.  They recorded the highest ever profits in 2023. 

Also the true reason for this war is the push to have Ukraine join NATO (known by everyone that's followed the situation for more then 2 years).  

What an irresponsible and hypocritical stance by US, UK, and Germany. Pretending to care about Ukraine while pushing them into a direct conflict with Russia and leaving their country to be demolished.  

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

The lady who has lead the charge in pushing Ukraine to its destruction, Victoria Nuland and the head of NATO Jens Stoltenberg have finally cut through the BS and said the real motives abd profiteers off of this war. 

Money going to Ukraine is going directly to the military industrial complex in the States as stated by Nuland.  They recorded the highest ever profits in 2023. 

Also the true reason for this war is the push to have Ukraine join NATO (known by everyone that's followed the situation for more then 2 years).  

What an irresponsible and hypocritical stance by US, UK, and Germany. Pretending to care about Ukraine while pushing them into a direct conflict with Russia and leaving their country to be demolished.  

As most of the US weapons are made in the US, naturally US based companies would profit. 

Ukraine joining NATO isn’t going to happen before they join the EU. 

It’s not a secret, and never was, that the US, UK and other EU countries are looking to degrade Russian military capabilities and capacity so that Russia is less of a threat to the Eastern European region and the US. 

And by Russia, I mean Putin. 

I see no hypocrisy in the US or others assisting Ukraine for not only Ukrainian interests but also the interests of weapons/financial donor nations. 

The US absolutely should fight this proxy war against Putin. 

That’s a no brainer, not a gotcha moment. 

YMMV. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

As most of the US weapons are made in the US, naturally US based companies would profit. 

Ukraine joining NATO isn’t going to happen before they join the EU. 

It’s not a secret, and never was, that the US, UK and other EU countries are looking to degrade Russian military capabilities and capacity so that Russia is less of a threat to the Eastern European region and the US. 

And by Russia, I mean Putin. 

I see no hypocrisy in the US or others assisting Ukraine for not only Ukrainian interests but also the interests of weapons/financial donor nations. 

The US absolutely should fight this proxy war against Putin. 

That’s a no brainer, not a gotcha moment. 

YMMV. 

It has been so long but didn’t Putin invade Ukraine? Wasn’t it Putin and his mercenaries who have committed countless war crimes? I should have realized it was the ugly Americans who put Putty up to it. I am sure Trump is involved and Jamie Dimon from JPM. To keep it balanced let’s add Nancy Pelousi. We all know her husband likes the defence stocks.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

American arms manufacturers have profited form essentially every single conflict in the world since around 1935 when the us silently allowed for the sale of and disbursement of arms for profitty

Everyone and their dog knows that this is a proving ground for US arms manufacturers and that the US machine is making bank off of this.

Literally nobody is blind enough to not understand how important this conflict is to the US economy as much as it is the western interests and the fate of Ukraine.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

American arms manufacturers have profited form essentially every single conflict in the world since around 1935 when the us silently allowed for the sale of and disbursement of arms for profitty

Everyone and their dog knows that this is a proving ground for US arms manufacturers and that the US machine is making bank off of this.

Literally nobody is blind enough to not understand how important this conflict is to the US economy as much as it is the western interests and the fate of Ukraine.

Weapons manufacturers make big money from wars. In other news water is wet.

As for this part “Also the true reason for this war is the push to have Ukraine join NATO (known by everyone that's followed the situation for more then 2 years)” is bunk and pure Putin propaganda. John McCain lays out Putin’s playbook here back in 2014.

Edited by 4petesake
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

What are you on... and about?

Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014...then again!

Is Pootine's invasion funding a military arms race?

For sure and why shouldn't it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1