The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Or is it the arrival of the F16's?

If the GOP is blocking the supply of weapons to Ukraine then I suspect the Biden administration is working on other plans to help Ukraine. I can see a major split happening between Trump and the USA military if he is elected. There is no way aiding Russian war aims will slide in the strategic planning rooms of the USA military. Global USA military dominance is at risk if Trump is elected. USA patriots within the military will not condone this and might take action to prevent it. I am not sure what I am suggesting but not good for USA internal security.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That's dangerous work, I wish them luck and safety. There are no POW protections under international law if you put your enemies' uniform on.

• chaos 1

10 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

That's dangerous work, I wish them luck and safety. There are no POW protections under international law if you put your enemies' uniform on.

If Russia respected international law,  then yes, wearing the enemies uniform would make a difference.

In this case, there is enough evidence that Russia doesn't give a fuck about prisoner care, having shot Ukrainian soldiers, that had surrendered.

I'm really beginning to wonder what the world would look like now; if Patton had been allowed to keep the tanks rolling, to at least Moscow in WW2.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If Russia respected international law,  then yes, wearing the enemies uniform would make a difference.

In this case, there is enough evidence that Russia doesn't give a fuck about prisoner care, having shot Ukrainian soldiers, that had surrendered.

I'm really beginning to wonder what the world would look like now; if Patton had been allowed to keep the tanks rolling, to at least Moscow in WW2.

Probably a few more A-bombs would have been used.  I don't think Patton was wrong.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

There was a rumour that a Squadron of SOF was en- route to free Navalny just before his death.

These guys mean Business 

• Upvote 1