The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yup, a step closer to Sarah Connor having a REALLY bad day!!!

The rendering looks an awful lot like the new Australian drone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_MQ-28_Ghost_Bat 

It is purpose built to be an un-manned wingman for F35s. Currently it is only in development for the RAAF, but if it is successful I would imagine a lot of countries operating F35s would like to get in on the project.

• Cheers 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:50 PM, SilentSam said:

IMHO drone warfare is changing the battlefield in ways we haven’t seen yet. Mass deployment in multi layered tranches with AI directions. Payloads that are increasing along with accuracy. All this development is increasing the redundancy of billion $ weapon systems. Military systems that have taken decades to develop will be obsolete. The countries that adapt the fastest will prevail. It appears Ukraine is doing just that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I will have to see the actual production and shipments from Canada before I believe this. Top Canadian general retired says Canadian military is in such poor shape with old equipment and under staffed that it cannot carry out its mission to defend Canada or provide aid when needed. Ukraine war is 2 years old, 10 years since the first aggression in 2014. What has Canada actually done to meet the Russian threat? I would suggest most of NATO is on a war footing or has plans to get there. Canada?

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I will have to see the actual production and shipments from Canada before I believe this. Top Canadian general retired says Canadian military is in such poor shape with old equipment and under staffed that it cannot carry out its mission to defend Canada or provide aid when needed. Ukraine war is 2 years old, 10 years since the first aggression in 2014. What has Canada actually done to meet the Russian threat? I would suggest most of NATO is on a war footing or has plans to get there. Canada?

We need nukes and delivery systems. And lots of them. 

Story about Ukrainians fleeing the country to avoid being drafted. It’s interesting that you have to be 27 to be drafted.

Typically 18-21 are the first ones to be drafted and first ones to get killed. With more need for manpower, I think they will drop this age restriction down in the near future.

https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/features/desperate-to-avoid-the-draft

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We need nukes and delivery systems. And lots of them. 

sadly ,  until the World can put to rest the possible or probable use of the weapons,.

I would have to agree Alf .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

We might be better off in defences , and geo-location , to offer the Northern Areas for NATO forces to be positioned in our Country year round.

just a thought.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Damn,.  Macron is pissed..   opening all doors for many countries ,.  He’s picked up the spear ..

European countries whether inside NATO or not should be giving Putin deadlines to get out of Ukraine or face their sending help there. Anything less is a nuanced negotiation that only advantages Russia. The west has to be prepared for regime change in Moscow and all that implies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1