The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

15 hours ago, RomanPer said:

This is almost certainly Russian Freedom Legion group.

Interesting & exciting they have Bradley's?

The back door was always open.  Prigozhin proved it, as did Napoleon &  the Germans in WWII. Just too much territory for Russia to cover.

Also too much territory to conquer & hold?  If nothing else a great distraction & a way of forcing relocation of troops currently attackacking Donbass.

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Interesting & exciting they have Bradley's?

The back door was always open.  Prigozhin proved it, as did Napoleon &  the Germans in WWII. Just too much territory for Russia to cover.

Also too much territory to conquer & hold?  If nothing else a great distraction & a way of forcing relocation of troops currently attackacking Donbass.

They are part of Ukrainian Armed Forces during the war, so them using Bradley's isn't surprising.

To me ,  I would not let Germany in this coalition,.

Having them involved may be, or a way for Germany to Stall long range transfers,  or monitor valuable information of transfers to UKR

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I missed this... they tried to assassinate the Greek PM? Is that confirmed? You'd think that would be bigger news and cause more of a response from allies.

Missile landed 150 meters from his motorcade from what I recall.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I missed this... they tried to assassinate the Greek PM? Is that confirmed? You'd think that would be bigger news and cause more of a response from allies.

He wasn't the target, but the Russians conducted a missile strike on Odessa while Zelensky and the PM were touring, and one of them almost hit their convoy

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Russia attempted by reports to assassinate Zelensky by bombing his motorcade, the Greek PM was within 100-150 meters of the blast.  5 Ukranians died in the attempted assassination

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

russia used old terrorist tactic - after the first rockets hit, they waited for the first respondents to arrive and then hit the same spot again. Majority of those killed are the first respondents... fucking barbarians...

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RomanPer said:

They are part of Ukrainian Armed Forces during the war, so them using Bradley's isn't surprising.

Original pronouncements on military aid to Ukraine started with stipulations it not be used for attacks inside Russian territory.  

The general conversation long range missile capacity, but military aid.

Its interesting.  

While France is sabre rattling. Or posturing because they fully expect Russia to expand operations heavily if Trump wins.  

Regardless, I love that Putin can not depend that nobody should cross his borders; did not bother to defend them.  I posted somewhat regularly after Izium & Lyman were liberated well over a year ago. That the border to reclaim Donbass was much more heavily defended by Russia than its own.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Original pronouncements on military aid to Ukraine started with stipulations it not be used for attacks inside Russian territory.  

The general conversation long range missile capacity, but military aid.

Its interesting.  

While France is sabre rattling. Or posturing because they fully expect Russia to expand operations heavily if Trump wins.  

Regardless, I love that Putin can not depend that nobody should cross his borders; did not bother to defend them.  I posted somewhat regularly after Izium & Lyman were liberated well over a year ago. That the border to reclaim Donbass was much more heavily defended by Russia than its own.

I wonder if this creates an opening to just..... go around? Take a page out of Hitler's book as he just went around the maginot line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I wonder if this creates an opening to just..... go around? Take a page out of Hitler's book as he just went around the maginot line.

That corridor is undefended.  

See Prigozhin.

18 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

That corridor is undefended.  

See Prigozhin.

I know, which is why I can see it creating a flanking opportunity to Ukraine against the Russian forces invading Ukraine from the east. The problem for Ukraine is that they may not have enough man power to execute that kind of maneuver without leaving gaps in their own defense in Ukrainian territory.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

To me ,  I would not let Germany in this coalition,.

Having them involved may be, or a way for Germany to Stall long range transfers,  or monitor valuable information of transfers to UKR

I would support Germany into the Allied group only when and if they replace Scholz. 

That piece of shit needs to go. 

• Vintage 1