The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

38 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Strange how many people forget that Russia took over Ukraine's "garage, gazebo, and large parts of the garden" rested for a few years and then took more property from Ukraine.

Seems appeasement doesn't stop bullies.

How much territory do they have to give up before people realize giving in doesn't work.

Crimea- then thousands and thousands of acres of other territory- still no peace.

.. and the fact RuZ invaded Crimea 10?years ago,.   This is a war that started back then, which now to this date, appears to be RuZ making it “perpetual”.

RuZ will not stop  , they themselves are the perpetrators 

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.. and the fact RuZ invaded Crimea 10?years ago,.   This is a war that started back then, which now to this date, appears to be RuZ making it “perpetual”.

RuZ will not stop  , they themselves are the perpetrators 

This war now is because the world had Obama instead of Biden as potus in 2014. Biden is a tough mofu. Obama was too soft. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Alflives said:

This war now is because the world had Obama instead of Biden as potus in 2014. Biden is a tough mofu. Obama was too soft. 

Pres. Obama owns this for allowing this to perpetuate in 2014. 

I admire him and respect him, but his ‘reset’ with Russia was an abject failure that has had dire repercussions. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I admire him and respect him, but his ‘reset’ with Russia was an abject failure that has had dire repercussions. 

Yup. On this matter Biden shows strength and leadership. That’s for certain. For the sake of the Ukrainian people (and the world) the US needs to re-elect Biden. 

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think we need to look at what transpired back in 2014 to understand the reasoning of why Obama was reluctant to try and support Ukraine against the occupation of Crimea. This clip is from Wiki.

image.jpeg.88354fd108a7d3eee41678aa2ab1b583.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I think we need to look at what transpired back in 2014 to understand the reasoning of why Obama was reluctant to try and support Ukraine against the occupation of Crimea. This clip is from Wiki.

image.jpeg.88354fd108a7d3eee41678aa2ab1b583.jpeg

Obama’s response to Russia’s invasion of Crimea in March 2014, and Moscow’s subsequent support of pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine was economic sanctions.

Although the measures had an impact on the Russian economy, they were seen as woefully inadequate by some Republican lawmakers in Congress. Senator John McCain of Arizona, a harsh critic of Obama’s foreign policy, wantedthe U.S. to send arms to Ukraine.

But Obama viewed the Ukraine conflict through another lens. As Jeffrey Goldberg, The Atlantic’s editor in chief, wrote in the Obama Doctrine:  

“Obama’s theory here is simple: Ukraine is a core Russian interest but not an American one, so Russia will always be able to maintain escalatory dominance there.”

Indeed, Obama told Jeff: “The fact is that Ukraine, which is a non-NATO country, is going to be vulnerable to military domination by Russia no matter what we do.”

Despite their criticism of Obama, the Republican platform ahead of the 2016 presidential election didn’t call for U.S. weapons to be sent to Ukraine to fight Russian-backed rebels.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/02/trump-obama-russia-crimea/516777/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Not sure if this has something to do with the Russian war in Ukraine, but 30km plus blast radius? Wow. 

I'm thinking it is most likely one of two things. 1) a massive BLEM explosion of a volatile gas or 2) the detonation of massive ammo explosion. I am leaning torards a BLEM explosion as an ammo explosion would have an dense upwards plume while this seems to be a very wide flash of  volatile igniting gasses.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Cheers 1