The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

55 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

If you want a neutral and unbiased account of the war, here you are. 

Watched a few minutes and read the comments section.   The video seems biased on the Russian side to me.  The bulk of the commenters certainly were.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Why, I think you answered this yourself supplying the below TwitX

hey Surfer ,    Yes ,.  Of course,

I was just stating the possibility that Putin may have created the scenario to sabre rattle to the West.

some in that thread are used to those scenarios.

The situation in Belgrod is also something Putin is capable of creating an opposing outlook on too.

He has stymied the safe evacuation there and creating a wall of protection with RuZ citizens.

He could easily slaughter them and blame it on opposing forces spearheading into RUZ

He is capable of doing whatever he wants, trying to create “reasonable doubt” in anything he does.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Watched a few minutes and read the comments section.   The video seems biased on the Russian side to me.  The bulk of the commenters certainly were.

Comments are but he maps both sides and uses geolocations to verify when possible. The overlap that you get is the grey zone

2 hours ago, Fan Abroad said:

Comments are but he maps both sides and uses geolocations to verify when possible. The overlap that you get is the grey zone

Well,  I'm sure those pro-Russian commenters like him because he's neutral and unbiased.

I stand by my opinion just as it seems you are standing by yours.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Of course, Canada isn’t there.

Canada is currently  in the Red Sea, helping to keep the Houthi's from doing more damage.

Of the countries in the above tweet, I believe only the U.K., and U.S. is in both places

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I wouldn't speak so fast without knowing the truth:

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/news/2024/01/canada-set-to-participate-in-nato-exercise-steadfast-defender-2024.html

I have tried to show through these off topic forums that social media doom scrolling is NOT research. 
For the record, Canada is there. 

From memory, 25 years old int, Canad will defend Norway while Norway defends Finland on the border with Russia, as an opening move..but that is just broad generalizations to avoid yadda yada yada.

My mistake. Apologize.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Of course, Canada isn’t there.

it’s always been my understanding Bouds,

and this is from the mouths of 3 cousins who were lifetime SAS commandos from the UK..

that Canadian troop numbers are essentially smaller than other countries,.

but what they bring is an extremely well rounded , highly trained troops in a more Elite roll.

That being JTF2 , but sister to that is CSOR which would support the Tier 1 group closely.

Many train around the world with and for other countries,.  Where we are highly regarded.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Defence isn't likely going away but with millions of dollars to be made supplying the industry it taps into the wrong types of motivation for more conflict for those that make money off war.

Does it? Isn't the alternative the Putins and Xi's having their way with the world?

• Cheers 2