The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Most news outlets are now reporting that the Islamic State was behind today's  attack.   I wondered what the hell for.   This is the only answer I found:

“ISIS-K has been fixated on Russia for the past two years” and frequently criticizes President Vladimir V. Putin in its propaganda, said Colin P. Clarke, a counterterrorism analyst at the Soufan Group, a security consulting firm based in New York. “ISIS-K accuses the Kremlin of having Muslim blood in its hands, referencing Moscow’s interventions in Afghanistan, Chechnya and Syria.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/22/world/moscow-shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/europe/crocus-moscow-shooting/index.html

https://apnews.com/article/russia-moscow-gunmen-concert-hall-injuries-fe7db5bb4ad4df17b6cbd04a3250faa1

American officials have been quick to confirm that the US has intelligence confirming the Islamic State claim it carried out the attack in Moscow.

The BBC’s US news partner CBS has spoken to a source familiar with the intelligence, who says there has been a steady stream of information - dating back to November - about IS wanting to strike in Russia.

Some highly specific information was passed on to the Russian government, despite the frosty relations between Washington and Moscow.

It has not been confirmed, but it is likely, that this is information that was referred to in the state department warning two weeks ago: Americans in Moscow were told to avoid large gatherings, and specifically warned about concerts.

The State Department said the US was "monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings”. The warning did not at that time name the group it was referring to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-68642036?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

Edited by Satchmo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Most news outlets are now reporting that the Islamic State was behind today's  attack.   I wondered what the hell for.   This is the only answer I found:

“ISIS-K has been fixated on Russia for the past two years” and frequently criticizes President Vladimir V. Putin in its propaganda, said Colin P. Clarke, a counterterrorism analyst at the Soufan Group, a security consulting firm based in New York. “ISIS-K accuses the Kremlin of having Muslim blood in its hands, referencing Moscow’s interventions in Afghanistan, Chechnya and Syria.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/22/world/moscow-shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/europe/crocus-moscow-shooting/index.html

https://apnews.com/article/russia-moscow-gunmen-concert-hall-injuries-fe7db5bb4ad4df17b6cbd04a3250faa1

American officials have been quick to confirm that the US has intelligence confirming the Islamic State claim it carried out the attack in Moscow.

The BBC’s US news partner CBS has spoken to a source familiar with the intelligence, who says there has been a steady stream of information - dating back to November - about IS wanting to strike in Russia.

Some highly specific information was passed on to the Russian government, despite the frosty relations between Washington and Moscow.

It has not been confirmed, but it is likely, that this is information that was referred to in the state department warning two weeks ago: Americans in Moscow were told to avoid large gatherings, and specifically warned about concerts.

The State Department said the US was "monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings”. The warning did not at that time name the group it was referring to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-68642036?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

I think Putin and FSB used that as a means to create a false flag. 

I don’t put it past Putin to kill his own people in order to solidify his recent ‘election’.

There were plenty of warnings prior to the attack by various Intelligence Agencies, and I think Putin used that as a means to ‘this’. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think Putin and FSB used that as a means to create a false flag. 

I don’t put it past Putin to kill his own people in order to solidify his recent ‘election’.

There were plenty of warnings prior to the attack by various Intelligence Agencies, and I think Putin used that as a means to ‘this’. 

I would not put anything past Putin but I think we may just have to wait a bit to see what unfolds.   

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I would not put anything past Putin but I think we may just have to wait a bit to see what unfolds.   

Absolutely. 

2-5 guys in Cammo, with military grade rifles and explosive devices, doesn’t sound like something we should discount anything. 

• Cheers 1

Media: @MarkHertling to @ErinBurnett: "The six nations, the six embassies that warned #Moscow through classified channels on the 7th of March that this was coming -- there's something called a 'duty to warn.' When countries pick up chatter on terrorist activity, even if you're giving the information to a foe or a competitor, like #Russia is to us, you still have that duty to give that intelligence to their intelligence agency. I'd suggest the reason #Putin is being so quiet right now is that he's a bit embarrassed. His intelligence agency received this information, they knew something was going to happen -- it was even as specific as to say it could happen in a concert venue -- and yet they did nothing about it. As soon as this attack occurred, then other cities in Russia started to pay attention. They shut down a concert in St. Petersburg, hours after this started happening ... So I'd guess that at least one of the reasons we haven't heard from Putin is that he's embarrassed that he received information from the West and didn't act on it."

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Another step closer,.  Or ,  just maybe ..

just my opinion,.   But I’m pretty sure the west is offering half truths ,  their expected arrival and true timeline should theoretically  not be accurate,.  The art and act of “ surprise” should be considered.

You'd hope so. But I can also see them/us just using this with political gain as the priority over a strategic advantage for Ukraine.

• Cheers 1

Update on the concert shooting

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russia-detains-11-in-an-attack-on-moscow-concert-hall-that-killed-at-least-133/ar-BB1konhH?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fa4db10bfe1d4fabb8ffa4420bba9a15&ei=28

"

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday that authorities have detained 11 people in the attack on a suburban Moscow concert hall that killed at least 133 people and left the sprawling venue a smoldering ruin.

In an address to the nation, Putin called it “a bloody, barbaric terrorist act” and said all four people who were directly involved had been taken into custody. He suggested they had been trying to cross the border into Ukraine which, he said, tried to create a “window” to help them escape.

Ukraine has strongly denied any involvement in the attack. Putin said Saturday that additional security measures have been imposed throughout the country and declared March 24 a day of national mourning.

The Islamic State group’s Afghanistan branch claimed responsibility for Friday’s attack in a statement posted on affiliated channels on social media. A U.S. intelligence official told The Associated Press that U.S. agencies had confirmed that the group was responsible for the attack.

The attack, which was the deadliest in Russia in years, came just days after Putin cemented his grip on power in a highly orchestrated electoral landslide and as the country’s war in Ukraine dragged into a third year.

Some Russian lawmakers pointed the finger at Ukraine immediately after the attack. But Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, denied any involvement.

“Ukraine has never resorted to the use of terrorist methods,” he posted on X, formerly Twitter. “Everything in this war will be decided only on the battlefield.”

Ukraine’s foreign ministry also denied that the country had any involvement and accused Moscow of using the attack to try to stoke fervor for its war efforts.

“We consider such accusations to be a planned provocation by the Kremlin to further fuel anti-Ukrainian hysteria in Russian society, create conditions for increased mobilization of Russian citizens to participate in the criminal aggression against our country and discredit Ukraine in the eyes of the international community,” a ministry said in a statement.

Images shared by Russian state media Saturday showed a fleet of emergency vehicles still gathered outside the ruins of Crocus City Hall, which had a maximum capacity of more than 6,000 people.

----------------------------

mal

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Putin has no defenders inside RuzZ ,

The Concert shooting must be either a staged setup to mobilize,.  Or if it was ISIS a direct reason to mobilize ..

He has no control over Belograd..

it will fast become a gateway or corridor for UKR to advance and launch from platforms onto Moscow.

Either way ,  taking the fight to RuZ territory is the right thing to do.. and should be supported until Putin is dead.

Death ,  is the only thing that will change Putin..  his Death stops the evil and stuipidity.     Hopefully more and more Russians realize this.

• Thanks 1
  • Tank 1

50 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Probably already been covered, but ISIS hates Russia as much as ISIS hates the US. During the conflict with the Daesh Caliphate Russia and Turkey routinely carried out Joint Operations and as recent as last month, joint patrols in the last region where ISIS still exists physically holding ground: the massive desert region of eastern Syria, Abu As Sayyid and its surrounding area near Deir Ez Zor on the Euphrates. It is stubbornly hard to quash these last vestiges of the ISIS Caliphate as they are moving through inhospitible land, or hiding in ancient carve outs and caves and melting into the local population along the Euphrates, congealing just long enough to make some hit and run style ambushes and harass other Bedouin style nomadic peoples. My problem with that coalition as it relates to Syria is they are also working together against the Kurds, Turkey and Russia. 

In any event, much like 9/11, conspiracy will thrive in the void of absolute truth, however I don't believe the concert attack was a false flag op: he already won his election days ago, there is no need to solidify an 87% support base, it is solid as hell already. Couple to that the fact that 'credible threats' and 'chatter' are now buzzwords on the internet, but in the real intelligence world there is no movie like scene where a baddie sends a text "we will attack the concert at Moscow at 11:30 Wednesday at the following location". It just doesn't work like that. We knew there was increased talk of "something" around 911 just like we passed along to Russia there was increased talk of 'something' going to happen to target Russia, but no one would actually know which of the 13,000 concerts or 300 thousand movie showings or whatever number of weddings in Russia this month would be the target, or even if it was going to be this month. There is only so much "pre-cog" that the intel community can dig up. The ones that are thwarted early or before the attack are much more numerous than the ones that result in things like 911 or the Moscow Concert, but you never hear about them, mostly, because they were stopped before they began, and talking about them only discloses how the intel community finds out about them. Therefore they aren't discussed very much. 

Anywho, sad to see happy people at a fun event be attacked and murdered and maimed, even if they are Russian. Hopefully the terrorists will be all hunted down and dealt with, and the fingers that pull their strings will be unveiled too. Perhaps more efforts between Palmyra and the Euphrates will emerge and that final bit of ground held by the Caliphate will be simply wiped off the map. We got distracted by things like the other Terrorists, Hamas when we should have completed the job with ISIS. 

This tragedy just like many others is being politicized and used to paint other side as evil.

Since yesterday, I checked out the coverage of the attack in several different countries.

Pro Ukraine side believes that this was carried out by Putin, anti U.S side of course believes that ISIL was created and funded by the Americans and Israelis. Those hating Muslims are using this as well to further their agenda . One tragedy and so many spins. To quote X files, “the truth is out there”

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

An interesting take :

ISIS  has for many years “brainwashed” it’s “disciples” from a very young age ..

who is to say it’s leaders aren’t breeding these kids as guns and walking IED’s ,  only to be hired for terrorism .

just a thought.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

ISIS  has for many years “brainwashed” it’s “disciples” from a very young age ..

who is to say it’s leaders aren’t breeding these kids as guns and walking IED’s ,  only to be hired for terrorism .

Ideologic brainwashing?

Just part of the schoolbook, which then becomes part of the toolbox seeking serfs to become a Jihad Army.   

• Cheers 1

It's just not at all Ukrainians' MO to purposely target civilians.  They have avoided that as much as possible in their many drone strikes on Russia.  Unfortunately, that has clearly not been the case with the endless Russian missile strikes on Ukranian civilian targets.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why is everyone on here saying ISIS did this attack.

The shooters are all in custody. They are all Tajikistani and were hired by Ukraine intelligence. This has nothing to do with ISIS. This is a Ukranian intelligence attack. 

Can you provide proof of this?

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

https://t.me/readovkanews

Go to this telegram channel if you guys are interested in seeing the 4 terrorists getting arrested and interrogated by the Russian special forces. 

They are all Tajikstani and were recruited by the Ukrainian intelligence. The former head of Ukrainian intelligence is currently the attache at UKR embassy in Tajikstan. They have been recruiting a lot of men in Tajikistan to fight in the war.

Click on text to translate each post. You can watch videos of the terrorists arrests and interrogation and get a better understanding of this attack. 

Russians don't mess around. One of the terrorists arrested his ear lobe was cut off immediately and put into his own mouth while he was being arrested. 

One of them says he was to be paid 500k rubles and received a 250k advance deposit.

These are not ideology driven Islamic militants like ISIS are. These were poor men doing it for the money. ISIS would have died in a shoot out. These clowns were hoping to live a good life after wards. 

140 civilians killed while enjoying a night out at a concert. Horrible..

11 people have been arrested altogether including the 4 gunmen. 

Is this the proof I asked for?   I remain unconvinced of a Ukrainian connection.

• Upvote 1

A guy with his cut off ear in his mouth, will tell you whatever the fuck you want to hear; in order to not have his other ear cut off.

Not necessarily the truth, but whatever will keep him with his body parts attached.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2