The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

The Polish Volunteer Corps together with the Russian Volunteer Corps issued a joint statement

"From the first days of the creation of the Polish Corps, its soldiers stood in the same row as the soldiers of the Russian Corps. We continue to carry out combat tasks and will go further together to victory" - commander of the Russian Volunteer Corps.

• Cheers 2

I’m wondering and hoping that this isn’t a “round a bout” way / route , for the United States to get weapons to UKR as well.

Israel and UKraine do have a good relationship.. 

note that I realize some of the arms indicated wouldn’t reach, or go to UKraine , but it could be a viable route to achieve deliveries of what is Stalled Politically:

• Sad 2

Troop-Starved Ukrainian Brigades Turn to Marketing to Attract Recruits

Many units, which say the official conscription system is dysfunctional and unwieldy, have started their own recruitment campaigns to fill ranks depleted in the war with Russia.

Slick recruiting campaigns brimming with nationalist fervor have become ubiquitous in Kyiv, the capital, and other Ukrainian cities in recent months. They are perhaps the most visible sign of a push to replenish Ukrainian troops depleted by more than two years of a brutal war — an effort that experts and officials say is crucial for fending off relentless Russian attacks.

But most of the campaigns are not the work of the country’s political and military leadership. They are the initiatives of troop-starved brigades that have taken matters into their own hands, shunning an official mobilization system that they say is dysfunctional, often drafting people who are unfit and unwilling to fight.

“These campaigns are much more effective because we’re getting exactly the people we need,” said Dmytro Koziatynskyi, a combat medic turned recruiter in the Da Vinci Wolves battalion, which started as a paramilitary wing of a coalition of far-right political parties after Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea.

The battalion, which has now been absorbed into Ukraine’s armed forces, is currently seeking about 500 new members and has advertised jobs as varied as medics, mechanics and sappers, combat engineers who clear minefields. Recruiters conduct lengthy interviews, trying to find positions that match candidates’ skills. People can opt out after a few days of training if they do not like it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/30/world/europe/ukraine-military-recruits.html

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I’m wondering and hoping that this isn’t a “round a bout” way / route , for the United States to get weapons to UKR as well.

note that I realize some of the arms indicated wouldn’t reach, or go to UKraine , but it could be a viable route to achieve deliveries of what is Stalled Politically:

I don’t know what to say. US policy towards Ukraine compared to Israel confuses the hell out of me. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

These were part of an approved purchase by Israel awhile back…before the military engagement happening currently. 

• Thanks 1