The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

During Covid?

Singapore had a unique punishment for those who broke curfew.

They were assigned hard labour; which was digging by hand, burying and documenting the dead. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

"Unfortunately, we failed to get the result we wanted and hoped for in the municipal elections," Erdoğan admitted. He assured that these elections were "not the end, but the beginning of a turning point." The largest opposition party, the social-democratic Republican People's Party, declared itself the winner. Ekrem Imamoglu, a member of that party and the current mayor of Istanbul, won more than 51% of the vote, according to preliminary results.

I just wanted to point out, the "corrupt mayor of Istanbul" leads the party that is in competition with ULTRA CORRUPT Erdogan. Calling the mayor corrupt is akin to saying that a jaywalker is as much a criminal as a murdering drug dealer on the same street. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Just a couple weeks ago, they were allegedly looking at selling one of the pair, now they want a third one.

Probably looking at it for sure, every few years. Everything has to be looked at in order to be ruled out, or in.
I remember people were furious at Trudeau for not being in the Alliance of our Five Eyes partners who were all going in on some shared R and D nuclear subs. 
Then people remembered Canada is Nuclear Free, militarily. The overwhelming majority of our citizens support NOT being a nuclear military. Then the furor died down. However, there were white papers on the subject and it was seriously looked at, before being ruled out for now, as an example. 

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Probably looking at it for sure, every few years. Everything has to be looked at in order to be ruled out, or in.
I remember people were furious at Trudeau for not being in the Alliance of our Five Eyes partners who were all going in on some shared R and D nuclear subs. 
Then people remembered Canada is Nuclear Free, militarily. The overwhelming majority of our citizens support NOT being a nuclear military. Then the furor died down. However, there were white papers on the subject and it was seriously looked at, before being ruled out for now, as an example. 

I'm fine with nuke powered subs, but would need convincing about becoming a nuke weapons, power.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I'm fine with nuke powered subs, but would need convincing about becoming a nuke weapons, power.

Yeah, the program our allies are embarking upon is nuclear powered, nuclear armed underwater weapons platforms. Not a fit for Canada in our current posture. 

• Upvote 1