The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Pushing back on the U.S. narrative about not hitting RuZ oil refineries..

.. and why should UKR have rules to fight by if Putin does not?

There will be no escalation from RuZ,.  Only an end of RuZ.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Targeting RuZ oil refineries may be the bargaining chip that Zelensky needs to obtain the military hardware / systems he needs to obtain,

to decapitate Putin and turn his military power to dust .

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Targeting RuZ oil refineries may be the bargaining chip that Zelensky needs to obtain the military hardware / systems he needs to obtain,

To add:  

at least NATO gets it and supports the targeting of oil refineries.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

On pace for over 500,000 dead men from RuZ 

To rip off a Jon Stewart 'Daily Show' segment- "Polish That Turd"

There will be a huge expansion in available Russian mail order Brides.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

If I was Zelensky I would make it very clear to the west that if Ukraine is going down that they will take the nuclear power plant down with their last gasp. The radiation drift hopefully goes east but whatever happens will be on the heads of Donald Trump, the GOP and NATO. Commit to blowing off dirty bombs inside Russia. 

The Ukrainians have known they were being used since 2014 when no one stepped up against that Russian invasion. Again, 2022, Russia attacks but this time the USA steps up as the Euros look at one another. Biden leads support for Ukraine but only with enough equipment to slow the Russians not defeat them. In the process 100's of thousands of Ukrainians die. How many streets have to be filled with dead bodies, executed by Russians to realize there is no alternative other than complete victory. Ukraine has to start executing collaborators and assassinating Russian leadership. The hard lesson that Zelensky and his countrymen have learnt is to trust no one. They have to build more of their own weapons somehow.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

These are interesting questions.  I applaud the post of @Gurn at the end of Page 202.

In spite of Dr Wallander, kinda sounds like Wagner & she seems almost as selfish, US pressure for political reasons. In my opinion I am clear oil refineries are legitimate targets.  As are intelligence offices in Moscow, railway lines. I mentioned America has to stay on message; including with its voters!  Oil going up is absolutely the price of freedom. I suggest opportunity! Especially if tables are turned, the West has supply & Putin suddenly has shortages!

Due to Russia intentionally & extensively attacking power stations in Ukraine? To freeze & demoralize its citizens, cough create demand in Europe for fuel to heat homes! Tit for tat seems fair? Its citizens need to see some of the hardships Ukraine is suffering.  If nothing more than to see if any have a moral standard for their own govt.. At some point you have to ask Russian people to be responsible for supporting, or breaking the back of its leadership. Its a big ask in a military dictatorship.  I personally would go to jail to the point of death itself before being conscripted to fuel such foreign incursion.

We mentioned heat?  Many of Russia's outlying 'republics' have enormous populations without sewage, gas heated homes.  Simple luxuries being harnessed in Geo Politics.  Putin doesn't even hide disinterest of those he is asking to fight. Taxes fuel, payola style via billionaire, Oil igarchs! Oil is the #1 revenue source driving Russia's war machine. Not to mention fuelling it's tanks, it locomotives hauling military cargo, Planes dropping bombs. Vlad absolutely has weaponized discounts on food as justification for attacking grain terminals. Thoroughly planned attacks across geo-political spectrums to help conquest of third world markets & even more payola for him & his cronies.

There is no market or tactic, threat of nukes, destroying dams, direct civilian missile attacks he will not go to. I do have my own limits.

I hope the dam burst was an accident? Collateral damage is one thing. I appreciate tremendously Ukraine has stuck almost exclusively to distinct military targets. I would not have attacked a grain silo. Yet justified in my own mind cluster munitions. Not because I like cluster munitions or even because they are fired by Russia. I opposed them pre-war! It is just a calculation & impossible to be absolutely correct; war has paradox. They stop many Russian soldiers advancing who would have killed Ukrainian soldiers and citizens.  More lives saved than lost? 

Back to oil, fuel, gas!  The US is virtually independent. Rich billionaires like d!psh!t W. George whats his Fluck get wealthier daily off war & high fuel prices. Just like Putin. Its actually odd that Cheney's wife has some of that moral backbone stuff on that side of the house. Dick made a fortune Trump wishes for in Iraq. True Americans should understand! Imagine adding tax to enormous profits being made, even half what Vlad is, for oil & weapons companies to subsidize weapons to Ukraine.  Its an obvious opportunity to rally public sentiment. Record profits are being made & the economy is great. I do not understand why this cannot be the backbone of the next election!

Spread some wealth! The economy is better than at any time during Trumps campaign. Subsidize new breaks for low income voters with this wealth. Rather than let voters get riled trumped up, distracted that an illegal immigrant might steal a job Trump & Bush & all their cronies & donating corrupt businesses are already underpaying you to do anyway. I find it incredible to believe low income voters can be rallied by Trump to prejudices against each other. Why is there is no counteracting call to galvanize public interest? How come you pay more tax than Donald Trump!!! Almost all 'American' families were immigrants at some point. 

Be funny if it was Biden & Obama preaching the importance of Land of the Free, Home of the brave. Jobs for all, a more comfortable home if 'we' have something to stop communists Putin & Donald from stealing our freedom, world freedom! Message is everything; I hope the democrats figure it out.

It beats free fake tans for all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson heading to Trumps Florida residence tomorrow. They are doing a press conference on 'unity'.

A bad omen for aid to Ukraine. They will either stall it . Or kill it.

21 hours ago, Boudrias said:

If I was Zelensky I would make it very clear to the west that if Ukraine is going down that they will take the nuclear power plant down with their last gasp. The radiation drift hopefully goes east but whatever happens will be on the heads of Donald Trump, the GOP and NATO. Commit to blowing off dirty bombs inside Russia. 

The Ukrainians have known they were being used since 2014 when no one stepped up against that Russian invasion. Again, 2022, Russia attacks but this time the USA steps up as the Euros look at one another. Biden leads support for Ukraine but only with enough equipment to slow the Russians not defeat them. In the process 100's of thousands of Ukrainians die. How many streets have to be filled with dead bodies, executed by Russians to realize there is no alternative other than complete victory. Ukraine has to start executing collaborators and assassinating Russian leadership. The hard lesson that Zelensky and his countrymen have learnt is to trust no one. They have to build more of their own weapons somehow.  

I can appreciate the conviction but it's no small thing to turn your ancestral homeland into a nuclear wasteland for the next century. And the radiation drift will disproportionally affect the Nato countries from Poland up to the Baltic states of Estonia/Latvia etc.. much more than the Russians IMO, who can just move all their assets eastwards towards Moscow and the Urals.

Unfortunately this is a war where Ukraine needs to win a political victory, a lot will hinge on the US elections this November. Putin's only real card left is waiting for his sympathizers to be elected in NATO countries. 

The plain and simple truth about the state of the USA ,  and the stage in the World they need to recapture to support themselves and their valued allies who support them , and Democracy on this planet.

• Upvote 3

Have to admire Macron for seeing how important this is,.   And the opportunity to establish a very strong alliance with Ukraine..   one that will build relations domestically,  and possibly one of the most powerful weapons manufacturing in Europe based on the needs of UKraine in this modern warfare era.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The plain and simple truth about the state of the USA ,  and the stage in the World they need to recapture to support themselves and their valued allies who support them , and Democracy on this planet.

Every last member of the House who prevented aid being sent belongs in The Hague. This is inexcusable.

• Like 1