The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/us-to-swiftly-arm-ukraine-following-congress-decision-white-house/ar-AA1nlz5o?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=84b65d8044c3435eb5a693238206e2c4&ei=77

The White House expects that the supply of arms to Ukraine will begin immediately after the US Congress passes a bill to extend funding for aid, according to the White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre during a briefing.

When asked how quickly new military aid shipments to Ukraine will begin after Congress's decision, the spokesperson said, "Right away."

"We’ve been saying, … they have been losing ground because of Congress inaction. But we are very grateful to see that the House is moving in a bipartisan way. We want (the aid package – ed.) to get that out of the House, out of the Senate, to the desk of the president and he will sign it right away," she added.

The spokesperson also added that the goal of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin is to annex Ukraine. She noted that the US cannot allow this.

What led to this

It's worth noting that since September 2023, American lawmakers have been unable to agree on extending funding for aid to Ukraine.

Republicans have been blocking decisions regarding support for Ukraine. Speaker of the House of Representatives Mike Johnson proposed dividing the Senate bill into four separate documents.

Yesterday, April 19, the House of Representatives took up Johnson's initiative. One of the bills provides for $60 billion in aid to Ukraine.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Arms from the USA will reach Ukraine less than a week after the vote of the Congress, — WP

The Pentagon began putting together an aid package long before the vote to speed up the process.

It is possible that the Pentagon will provide Ukraine with a new tranche of equipment and ammunition for air defense and artillery.

Don't forget the ATACMS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Looks to me to be about 50/50.

111 to 100 is a greater than 10% difference- being a majority.

and the earlier pic has it as 80 to 96 so a majority as well.

2 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

US bill to aid Ukraine passes.Great day for Zelensky and Ukraine.

My hope is that supplies can reach Ukraine as quickly as suggested. Retired General Clark was saying it would take longer earlier this week. I suspect there are priority lists in place and the most needed will go first. It is almost May so I wonder when the F-16's so up in Ukraine? Hopefully the Senate rubber stamps this bill by tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My hope is that supplies can reach Ukraine as quickly as suggested. Retired General Clark was saying it would take longer earlier this week. I suspect there are priority lists in place and the most needed will go first. It is almost May so I wonder when the F-16's so up in Ukraine? Hopefully the Senate rubber stamps this bill by tomorrow. 

Got to stop Pootin now. If he gets to keep the stolen parts of Ukraine what’s stopping him from going after the Balkins and then Poland? And then? Things will just get worse. Pootin isn’t just going to fade away. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pootin isn’t just going to fade away. 

Member, way back when Putin was supposedly dying, of some medical issue?

Seems like years ago, yet that fucker is still alive.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Just an FYI ,  

I beleive it was Belgium or the Netherlands that stated F16’s will be in UKraine before the Summer..  so sometime within the next 6-8 weeks might be a fair assessment.

… im hoping there is a “surprise “ delivery !

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

Just an FYI ,  

I beleive it was Belgium or the Netherlands that stated F16’s will be in UKraine before the Summer..  so sometime within the next 6-8 weeks might be a fair assessment.

… im hoping there is a “surprise “ delivery !

Pilots?