The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Ironically another GOP President (though at least Nixon *VOLUNTEERED* & served with some distinction in WW2; while Dotard got his daddy to write him a doctor's note to evade the draft)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

THIS WRITER CAUGHT MY ATTENTION:

The whole of Ukraine watched the vote in the House of Representatives on TV with bated breath. I spoke this evening with soldiers from the front, with Ukrainian diplomats, with people from the administration. The emotion is one of hope. 

I spoke to soldiers from different brigades and many of them told me how not only were they waiting with bated breath for the vote, but when the vote was over, people gave vent to their emotions. Some told me how they wept with joy. It was a feeling of "faith in humanity restored". I can feel their hope, their optimism restored. Morale, even though they are exhausted from so much fighting and deprivations, has returned. They have confidence again, even though they are aware that it will be some time before military aid reaches the front. They are aware that the Senate vote is still needed (which, by the way, will be on Tuesday). 

It is touching, when they tell me that they now feel they can soon fight without the "brakes pulled" for their families and their land. I feel again that their sacrifice is valued not only by those close to them, but that the free world is with them. There is a new wave of hope, of confidence. Morale is about to be restored, especially after they see (we all hope) the positive vote in the US Senate. 

I must admit that even I haven't felt such joy about the events in Ukraine in a long time. 

We are all waiting for Tuesday's vote, about which I am now very optimistic. If you're wondering if this aid will have an impact on the front lines, I can say with conviction that YES, it will have a huge impact on Ukraine's resistance! 

About time! The "Arsenal of Democracy" as the US is called, is finally, belatedly, starting to deliver as a whole world expects! 

It was a good day for democracy and freedom and a very bad day for the dictators of the world! 

It's time! 

Slava Ukraini!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

I have a Conspiring Theory as to why and when Johnson changed his mind on this,

…bare with me :

Johnson met with Biden about 2 weeks ago.

I think there is an investigation into Johnson’s money..  

I think Biden offered him a “Get out of Jail FREE” card to flip the 90 billion assistance Bill to move to the Senate..  based on evidence already attained on Johnson.

Johnson looks like a hero.

… and will again if he testifies against Trump… 

Then,….   He becomes like …

Daniel Craig Secrets GIF by James Bond 007

Sativa Blue Iguana  🙂

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

Ben Hodges, former commander of US forces in Europe, on the approval of assistance for Ukraine

"It may be weeks before we see significant battlefield effects of this decision but the strategic effect will be felt immediately…in the Kremlin where they now realize their plan to wait for us to quit has failed."

It seems that the approval of aid for Ukraine by the US Congress came as a big surprise to Russia.

Judging by their reaction, they had no plan B and believed there would be no help. But, it turns out that now Ukraine and the West are destroying the remnants of the high-tech part of the Russian army to bring it back to the 20th century. Another year of such a war and all Russia will be left with will be last century weapons and meat assaults. Aviation, especially strategic aircraft, and the navy will be largely destroyed. Meanwhile, NATO and China continue to increase their high tech weaponry stocks. 

Russia is playing tactics in Ukraine, and losing strategically. In a direct confrontation with NATO, it has less and less chances.

Aid to Ukraine is essentially an ultimatum. It will now be about exhausting Russia.

Yesterday's statements by Medvedev and Peskov are full of confusion and spite.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It seems that the approval of aid for Ukraine by the US Congress came as a big surprise to Russia.

Judging by their reaction, they had no plan B and believed there would be no help. But, it turns out that now Ukraine and the West are destroying the remnants of the high-tech part of the Russian army to bring it back to the 20th century. Another year of such a war and all Russia will be left with will be last century weapons and meat assaults. Aviation, especially strategic aircraft, and the navy will be largely destroyed. Meanwhile, NATO and China continue to increase their high tech weaponry stocks. 

Russia is playing tactics in Ukraine, and losing strategically. In a direct confrontation with NATO, it has less and less chances.

Aid to Ukraine is essentially an ultimatum. It will now be about exhausting Russia.

Yesterday's statements by Medvedev and Peskov are full of confusion and spite.

I suppose we'll be hearing more nuclear threats from Putin. 

The line about the US benefitting from this war seems to have really been picked up by the alt conspiracy folks. You'd think that they would realize they are just parrots for Russian propaganda. 

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Ben Hodges, former commander of US forces in Europe, on the approval of assistance for Ukraine

"It may be weeks before we see significant battlefield effects of this decision but the strategic effect will be felt immediately…in the Kremlin where they now realize their plan to wait for us to quit has failed."

If the Kremlin's plan was to out wait/last the American help- it is still poised to do that. American almost quit.

It seems to be getting harder and harder to get aid, and Russia is still holding Ukraine territory.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

A number of American military people have cautioned the time lag between funding approval and the arrival of munitions. Other shave also stated that prioritized equipment is ready for airlift to Ukraine. Of course volume of heavy equipment has to be shipped by boat. I wonder how much can be supplied by existing materials already in eastern Europe and then replaced? I suspect more than we are aware. 

With the USA back in the fight (assuming fast Senate passage) I contemplate how much the supply will be increased in air defense and deeper strike missiles. If Ukraine's air defense can be upgraded to the point of most Russian attacks being nullified and with the arrival of F-16's it could be a game changer. Many analyst are suggesting a likely stabilization of the contact lines that could last for years. They do not think that Ukraine can oust Russia back to the 2014 lines. They think that Russia will likely crumble from inside which will lead to a peace agreement. 

I am more in the camp that the west will want a win in Ukraine. With or without Putin Russia has to be driven out of all Ukraine. Ukraine has to have EU and NATO membership. At some point Russia will have to realize they cannot win and will have to secure what they have remaining. Their internal security has little chance without a reconciliation with the west. China is lurking on their eastern borders. If Zi requires a political win and decides Taiwan is not to his advantage he might take a bite out of Siberia. There is little Russia could do about it. Siberia gives China the resources they don't have, resources that Taiwan does not have. Taiwan can be thrown on the backburner. Bejing doesn't know how long the opportunity will last in Siberia. 

• Cheers 2

DING DONG !!

Long Range !!

And this to bring together great minds !!

Pretty sure the long front line will be taken on aggressively and dissected.

where each battle is a UKR battalion of overwhelming force defeating RuZ and added too for the next ..

F16’ will be , should be in play within the next 5-6 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Denmark will deliver all the promised fighter jets to Ukraine. First deliveries will arrive in the summer, Danish Ambassador to Ukraine Ole Egberg Mikkelsen said.

"Do not worry. There will definitely be airplanes for Ukraine. This is our entire F-16 fleet, which is now being decommissioned because we are getting a new generation of F-35 aircraft. There is nothing to worry about. The F-16s will be delivered as promised."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1