The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Other posters addressed the rest of your post but one thing that I think gets over looked with this commonly used argument is that NATO is a defensive alliance that outside countries must apply to. NATO doesn't recruit or, as you put it, 'expand'. More countries apply to join the alliance. So the question becomes, why are more countries applying to join the alliance?

As for RFK, I'm weary of where he gets his info considering he doesn't have security clearance. I'm sure he has 'friends' but at this point all of what you said is a rumour.

As for Minsk Agreement. The agreement was that Ukraine would give up their nuclear weapons after the Soviet Union dissolved. In exchange, they were provided security guarantees from USA, the UK, and RUSSIA. Yet, here we are in a war where the USA and the UK are holding up their end of the bargain after being double crossed by Russia.

I honestly have not heard of a valid justification for Putin to invade. As a previous poster said, it all points to conquest and nothing more.

Fair and reasonable points 

I do take RFK’s words with more appreciation than you and that’s fine 

I also don’t trust the war machine. Old enough to know most wars since WW2 have been about money for the military industrial complex not altruism 

13 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Other posters addressed the rest of your post but one thing that I think gets over looked with this commonly used argument is that NATO is a defensive alliance that outside countries must apply to. NATO doesn't recruit or, as you put it, 'expand'. More countries apply to join the alliance. So the question becomes, why are more countries applying to join the alliance?

As for RFK, I'm weary of where he gets his info considering he doesn't have security clearance. I'm sure he has 'friends' but at this point all of what you said is a rumour.

As for Minsk Agreement. The agreement was that Ukraine would give up their nuclear weapons after the Soviet Union dissolved. In exchange, they were provided security guarantees from USA, the UK, and RUSSIA. Yet, here we are in a war where the USA and the UK are holding up their end of the bargain after being double crossed by Russia.

I honestly have not heard of a valid justification for Putin to invade. As a previous poster said, it all points to conquest and nothing more.

Uh no.

• ThereItIs 1

Good news, Russia about to lose war, after they do something incredibly stupid:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/russia-threatens-to-attack-german-factories/ar-AA1hwaom

"

Dmitry Medvedev, the Deputy Head of Russia’s Security Council, has issued a stark warning that Russia will consider German missile manufacturing plants as "legitimate targets" if Germany supplies long-range Taurus missiles to Ukraine.

The statement came after Marie-Agnes Strack-Zimmermann, chair of the Defence Committee at the German Bundestag, urged the German government to provide such missiles to Ukraine.

Medvedev argued that such attacks on German plants would be "entirely within the norms of international law."

"The number of leading idiots in NATO countries is growing," Dmitry Medvedev wrote on Telegram, referring to the head of the German Defense Committee

"The head of the German Defense Committee with an unpronounceable surname - demands that Taurus missiles be immediately supplied to the Khokhlobanderites so that Kiev regime can strike at Russian territory to weaken the supply of our army. They say this is in accordance with international law. Well, in this case, attacks on German factories where these missiles are made will be fully consistent with international law," Dmitry Medvedev states.

He ended his message by saying that these people are pushing us toward a third world war.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't win a war against Ukraine, but threaten to attack a NATO member-

FAFO.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Can't win a war against Ukraine, but threaten to attack a NATO member-

FAFO.

Medvedev has been full of hot air & threats including Nukes.  Mostly benign, although they did blow up the dam.  

They wont be attacking German factories IMO.  I don't think NATO is scared that they will. 

• Upvote 1