The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

I think good of UKraine to actually bring China to the table if they can,.

explain how China does not need RuZ ,

.. and perhaps be able to chip away parts of RuZ for themselves if RuZ collapses.

China depends on Democratic Countries,.

They need to identify with Democracy and work with it.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I think good of UKraine to actually bring China to the table if they can,.

explain how China does not need RuZ ,

.. and perhaps be able to chip away parts of RuZ for themselves if RuZ collapses.

China depends on Democratic Countries,.

They need to identify with Democracy and work with it.

No. 

China doesn’t want to be a member of the ‘table’. 

Their policies and positions have always shown that they’re the ones to upend ‘the table’. 

Insert upending table gif. 

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

No. 

Their policies and positions have always shown that they’re the ones to upend ‘the table’. 

Agreed.  
Fuck China.  (Not the people, but the government). 
They don’t give a shit about peace. 
They only care about China and they will continue to do their own thing no matter what the rest of the world says.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

No. 

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Agreed.  
Fuck China.  (Not the people, but the government). 
They don’t give a shit about peace. 
They only care about China and they will continue to do their own thing no matter what the rest of the world says.  

the only reason I think Zelensky is inviting Xi Ping is to try to make him realize that even he should not trust RuZ, or any alliance he thinks he has with Putin.

that’s it.

… but yes,  I agree with you.

but a bold move from Zelensky, No?

• Cheers 2

We will be nearby next month.

My wife said absolutely not; when I suggested visiting Tbilisi. 

https://youtu.be/au93i8tpUqU

Radio free Europe, link above, report on massive protests in Georgia being shut down. There are reportedly 700,000 young Russians in Georgia trying to avoid Putins draft. Many at this protest. I wish Georgians freedom, even the Russians here who chose humility in living as refugee's. Not killing Ukrainians or dying themselves.

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

the only reason I think Zelensky is inviting Xi Ping is to try to make him realize that even he should not trust RuZ, or any alliance he thinks he has with Putin.

that’s it.

I guess but I don't see China taking the bait. The Communist/Dictatorships of the East heavily value a balance of power on a global scale. If China turns its back on Russia that balance of power is too far tilted in the West's favour... as they view it anyway. Plus China is selling weapons to Russia and I wouldn't be surprised if they were sending Ughur Muslims as well, as dark of a thought that may be.

I'd love for China to become enlightened to the evils of Russia but the reality is that they already know and just don't care.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

that’s it.

Absolutely a bold move.  
IMO, it doesn’t work.  
China just doesn’t care about the rest of the world.  You can see that with so many of their policies.  

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I would take this posting with a grain of salt but it does pose some interesting things on the inner workings of the Orc's military.

In my mind I hear these lyrics.

Generals gathered in their masses.

Just like witches at black masses.

Evil minds that plot destruction.

Sorcerer of death's construction.

(end of lyrics,now my thoughts)

These evil people have so much blood on their hands.

It makes me wish there really was a Hell for them to spend eternity.

• Like 4

On 5/2/2024 at 10:56 PM, SilentSam said:

over 1000 kills for 4-5 days in a row..

with these new / extended stockpiles of munitions coming in now ..

30,000 + a month KIA may become the new norm.

That isn’t deaths. About a quarter of them are actually deaths. Also, having these quotes of daily casualties don’t do anything. Look how it turned out in the Vietnam war. Daily news real yet the Americans still lost. The attrition battle is highly in Russian favour, especially now that they are bringing in so many foreigners from around the globe. Add the high chance of trump becoming president, the extended outlook looks bleak for Ukraine. 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

That isn’t deaths. About a quarter of them are actually deaths. Also, having these quotes of daily casualties don’t do anything. Look how it turned out in the Vietnam war. Daily news real yet the Americans still lost. The attrition battle is highly in Russian favour, especially now that they are bringing in so many foreigners from around the globe. Add the high chance of trump becoming president, the extended outlook looks bleak for Ukraine. 

well I’ve seen single drone footage from one strike in one moment that killed 25-40 orcs.…. Thats just one moment.

Ive seen body cam footage of a RuZ troop walking past 100 dead  and rotting RuZ orcs.

sure some might be injured,  but they don’t come back.

Behind RuZ lines is chaos and inferiority,.  And more ultimately turning on Putin.

And else where RuZ has its tentacles,  there is revolt.

Syria as well..

UKraine has a smaller percentage of troops than RuZ ,  is well trained, has modern assets.

people can throw shit against a wall as much as they want ,   But a Wall is a Wall.

…. and shit is shit.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

well I’ve seen single drone footage from one strike in one moment that killed 25-40 orcs.…. Thats just one moment.

Ive seen body cam footage of a RuZ troop walking past 100 dead  and rotting RuZ orcs.

sure some might be injured,  but they don’t come back.

Behind RuZ lines is chaos and inferiority,.  And more ultimately turning on Putin.

And else where RuZ has its tentacles,  there is revolt.

Syria as well..

UKraine has a smaller percentage of troops than RuZ ,  is well trained, has modern assets.

people can throw shit against a wall as much as they want ,   But a Wall is a Wall.

…. and shit is shit.

The permanently disabled are more damaging to Russia as they require resources to keep alive.  They're also a very visible reminder to the public of the consequences for Russia's crimes against humanity.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trump won't be president again.  Attrition rules in Russian favour but with Europe and now the US ramping up military production Ukraine will not remain under equipped.

The moment Ukraine is in serious danger, Poland will most certainly step in.

As of now, Ukraine has essentially broken the backs of the 2nd strongest military power on the planet.  Depleting their arms and armour.  Depleting their man power.  Depleting their ability to wage war

While also completely showing the world that Russia is a paper tiger which is seeing their current hold on some areas of the world which only further strains their ability to maintain their strength and resupply 

It will soon be down to a broken Russia, Iran, North Korea and China supplying them all.

Which will end the moment the Wests factories are running again to build and supply the conflict.  Once that happens manufacturing will return to the west breaking China's grip on things.

Sorry bud, it doesn't look good for Russia in the short or long term even though Ukraine suffers

32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The permanently disabled are more damaging to Russia as they require resources to keep alive.  They're also a very visible reminder to the public of the consequences for Russia's crimes against humanity.

Sorry @Kurtis,    Based on many facts and events that are unfolding,

..  but you might get lucky to find your next girlfriend is from RuZ,.…. But would you trust her ?

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sorry @Kurtis,    Based on many facts and events that are unfolding,

..  but you might get lucky to find your next girlfriend is from RuZ,.…. But would you trust her ?

The idea of how many troops you could put in the field held more importance 2 years ago before this conflict started. What the Ukrainians have shown the world is that technology is destroying billions of $'s worth of weapons systems which appeared superior. The Russian Black Sea fleet is the obvious example. But in field combat drones are destroying most types of mobile equipment from tanks down to ATV's. Foot soldiers cannot hide from drone attacks. Ukraine is manufacturing 100's of thousands of these drones. Their range and payloads increase almost monthly. 

If modern war is about logistics then Russia is fighting a tight timeline as the west amps up their production. The USA just announced that their 150mm artillery round production has exceeded targets. How long before the Kerch bridge is knocked out? F-16's start arriving in Ukraine by the end of this month. 

Perhaps the biggest factor in this war is the gradual realization by the Russian soldiers and the Russian people is that they are the ass wipe of Putin and his gang. The early clip where the officer says they are all going to be killed but the is OK because of the monuments that will be laid in their memory is suffice for their purpose in living. In WW2 there were examples of suicide missions or the high likelihood of death but men went anyway. In their case those men had a much clearer idea of why they were going. Russian soldiers are being treated like rats.    

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2