The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Going back to the Czar days, the principal Russian military strategy was to "throw bodies into wood chipper until they achieved victory or they ran out of bodies".  From the days of the Czar until Imperial Poutine empire.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Going back to the Czar days, the principal Russian military strategy was to "throw bodies into wood chipper until they achieved victory or they ran out of bodies".  From the days of the Czar until Imperial Poutine empire.

Poutine is amazing,  i wish people would stop associating Putin with it 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

Poutine is amazing,  i wish people would stop associating Putin with it 😛

I’ve been saying this since the beginning of the war and a handful of local dummies thought they were being creative.  
Poutine is delicious and Canadian.  

Pootin on the other hand……

Perhaps all the countries that are sharing a border with RuZ should “volley” a couple in for good measure everytime UKR unleashes 

drone and HIMAR Operations..

dosent seem like RuZ has a clue defensively, to know what is coming from where these days.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/zelenskyy-responds-to-trump-s-statements-on-ending-war-in-ukraine-does-he-want-to-be-a-loser-president/ar-BB1nrVrw?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0995368c63284df6aa882673cbdcc90f&ei=20

"

US presidential candidate Donald Trump's intentions to end the war in Ukraine through concessions may not only be dangerous for Ukraine but also the US position in the world, says President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy in his interview with The Guardian.

Zelenskyy is confident that Russian leader Vladimir Putin will not stop in Ukraine and will continue on if he wins the war. According to the president, Trump's possible agreement with Putin will not stop the Kremlin leader.

"I don't understand, does he really want to be a loser president? Let's imagine that Trump became president and decided to end the war at the expense of Ukraine. For example. And somehow he received confirmation from Putin that this is a stop, that's it. Ukrainians will not put up with this, but he can then say that he does not give us any support, and Ukraine cannot fight without weapons. Let's just imagine. And imagine for a second that after that Putin will go further. Who will this US president be for the whole world?" he said.

Zelenskyy says that if Putin wins, the US president will look weak. This is not only about the personal character of the American leader, but also about the institutional capacity of the United States.

"And then Putin will move on, realizing that the United States is no longer such a big player. And then other authoritarian leaders of other countries will enter the arena. And so you have a ceasefire and the beginning of what everyone is afraid to talk about. This is World War III," the Ukrainian president said.

Former US President Donald Trump opposed increasing aid to Ukraine. In his opinion, aid should be provided in the form of a loan, not a "gift."

He also repeatedly stated that he would be able to end the war in Ukraine in a few days by direct contact with Putin.

Recently, Trump made a surprising statement at one of his meetings with potential campaign donors. He said that he would bomb Moscow and Beijing if Russia invaded Ukraine or China invaded Taiwan.

----------------------------------

the last paragraph is another indicator that Drumpf is in serious mental decline.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Is this the attack we hoped would happen on the build up areas of russian troops arms??

i dont think so. if i recall correctly and the info i read was correct Ukraine moved like 30k troops to reinforce kharkiv and that was alot more troops than the Kharkiv offensive had on the Russian side. Add in the superior gear and training on the Ukrainian side compared to the Russian and its not surprising to hear Russia being driven back as they dont have the fortifications that they have on the other fronts.

3 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

i dont think so. if i recall correctly and the info i read was correct Ukraine moved like 30k troops to reinforce kharkiv and that was alot more troops than the Kharkiv offensive had on the Russian side. Add in the superior gear and training on the Ukrainian side compared to the Russian and its not surprising to hear Russia being driven back as they dont have the fortifications that they have on the other fronts.

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Is this the attack we hoped would happen on the build up areas of russian troops arms??

I had read 50k RuZ troops or more on the RuZ side of the border above Kharkiv,.

apparently a lot has taken place in the last 24-48 hrs and assessments coming in are vague because it is continuing.

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I had read 50k RuZ troops or more on the RuZ side of the border above Kharkiv,.

apparently a lot has taken place in the last 24-48 hrs and assessments coming in are vague because it is continuing.

That's what I was talking about.  What are the odds that this is where and why Ukraine is striking and if this is turning in to the rout we hope it will

A total collapse of this section of the front makes a lot of potential sense given the arms and armaments Ukraine is bringing 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1