The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

There's a side of me that wants to call Russia's bluff. And attack with everyone from NATO, and preferably the UN as well.

Completely obliterate Russia's war machine, and air force and see if Putin would flee somewhere. Send a message that you can't just invade nations anymore.

It might also expose who's in Russia's pockets, and make them go underground as well.

But the small bites approach works too. It took 10 years for Russia to leave Afghanistan. After a while people will want answers not lies.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's a side of me that wants to call Russia's bluff. And attack with everyone from NATO, and preferably the UN as well.

Completely obliterate Russia's war machine, and air force and see if Putin would flee somewhere. Send a message that you can't just invade nations anymore.

It might also expose who's in Russia's pockets, and make them go underground as well.

But the small bites approach works too. It took 10 years for Russia to leave Afghanistan. After a while people will want answers not lies.

I agree .          But this may be the last chance to punish him by letting RuZ collapse into chaos .    With UKR escalating attacks , it’s draining his War mongering capabilities,  the cracks are happening .

Hes looking for support ,  and Peace ..

Something he does not deserve.

He lies still,  his move is to take what he can,. And say ok we’ll stop here.

..that’s only until he builds new weapons.

he even states that in this last forum,.

And again he will try something.

KEEP UP THE WORK .

Ruz collapse is the only way , with Putins death of course.

Peace to me includes he stands in the Haugue , and is executed.

Putin stated that within six years (what an optimist!), he plans for Russia to become one of the top ten global leaders in scientific research and development.

He's had 25 years to achieve this, yet now he is engaged in a war.

This claim is particularly amusing given recent reports that only 8 Russian scientists are frequently cited in the global scientific community, compared to over 2,000 in the United States.

Overall, the “economic forum” turned out to be a proper festival of nonsense, where Putin managed to outdo himself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't think this is the right approach, but I really endorse the following:

1. Give Ukraine enough firepower to overwhelm the Crimea to Russia bridge and destroy it once and for all. Whatever that takes, all in one barrage. It will greatly reduce the length of this invasion.

2. Give the Ukraine permission and the weapons to strike any target within Russia that is firing missiles or launching planes that are targeting the Ukraine.

Backing off on Russia now will only lead to bigger and broader conflict in a few years. NATO needs to give the Ukraine what it needs to drive them out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Blue denotes russian units?

is there any more movement towards Donbas etc?

Red is Russian on that map.

Last i heard Russia is making extremely minor gains in Donbas

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Blue denotes russian units?

is there any more movement towards Donbas etc?

Yoshi is correct ,  blue is UKR

red is RuZ..

Kharkiv is the Northern border,

the Eastern front is just below.

im happy to be corrected by anyone 🙂 

The veteran that Zelenskyy saluted and enjoyed a beautiful moment with yesterday is Staff Sergeant Melvin Hurwitz. 

In a fascinating detail, Hurwitz’s parents immigrated from Russia, met in Baltimore, and married before moving to Westminister, Maryland where his father, a watchmaker in Russia, opened the first of three watch and jewelry stores, one of which, Colonial Watch and Jewelry in downtown Frederick is where Hurwitz worked for 30 years after the war and is near the Francis Scott Key where Hurwitz lives in retirement.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

What's going on here?

Just of note activity by mercenaries in this area is subsidiary to Asaad, Iran, Hezbollah & Hamas normally, but not necessarily in that order & also including Turkey.  

Why Ukraine is involved, aside from it being fun, @RomanPer (?) , is a bit beyond me.  Perhaps they can steal, or hijack, divert enough profits & weapons Wagner expropriates towards Ukraine being involved... To save Ukrainian lives.  Cutting the supply chain umbilical cord, so to speak.

Also posted in Gaza / Israel thread.