The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

yes.  
but  Poor Intel and fake information can topple good governments too.

my guess is that from original Intel reports there are attached names of those who have written the intelligence information and those who partook in bringing information, or how it was found .

Then I believe there is the verification needed by authorities to show reports are legit .

( that’s where I think we are)

Then legal authorities decide who and what can be brought up in court without jeopardizing those working in the intelligence agencies, which could be world wide and from other countries.

intelligence has the meat of the crime .

but the legal authorities have to bring the potatoes with the proof of purchase .

Thats how Democracy works .

we have to have proof of the crime ,

or finger pointing becomes a loaded gun ...

which is  how Authoritarian systems work.

(they save paperwork and time by pushing people out of windows)

regardless these corrupt actions are chipping away at democracy on a global scale , whether it’s actor / agents in politics,

or the ones creating the information that Intel picks up.

The point of my post was that if Canadian politicians and bureaucrats are being targeted by foreign powers to influence Canada's support for Ukraine or Israel it is a major national security issue. This is not domestic politics even if there is fallout in that direction. I understand your concern and agree to an extent. If this report was in the hands of government in March I think a clearer timeline for release should be made public. When you flip the cow pie over looking for worms sometimes you get shit on your fingers.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

just edit/  added to that, with this :

The Russians never answered for that crime just as they likely won't for invading Ukraine. Yes, it will cost them money and in the long term cost them their way of life. Many Russians will likely look forward to that change. How many Ukrainians were killed the first day of the Russian invasion? IMO any violation of NATO airspace should result in the plane being shot down. Give them a warning if necessary but that would be more than they gave many of their victims. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

just edit/  added to that, with this :

I don't know what I think with comparing now with then to be honest. Finland wasn't part of NATO in 1939 and there might have been things happening elsewhere in Europe during that time. Poland, for example had been recently invaded and conquered in its entirety.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

FYI :  in Poland 

Should be made clear to Russia that this kind of incident will be considered grounds for invoking article 5 and undertaking a Special Extermination Operation to convert the Kremlin into a crater.

• Cheers 2

TEARS OF THE ORC.
“My legs can’t move and I really want to live. We’ll give up, we’ll surrender,that’s it.”
Orc Oleg Vesnin from the 83rd Air Assault Brigade of the russian army told how difficult it is for the orcs at the front.
“Three days without food, without water. I’m very thirsty,” — he complains. 

The wounded commander remained with him, and the third orc “left behind, he probably died.” Near the place where they are now, there were five wounded and four more dead orcs. 

Vesnin, together with a wounded commander with the call sign “Butcher,” is going to surrender in order to “live at least a little longer.”

TEARS OF THE ORC.
“My legs can’t move and I really want to live. We’ll give up, we’ll surrender,that’s it.”
Orc Oleg Vesnin from the 83rd Air Assault Brigade of the russian army told how difficult it is for the orcs at the front.
“Three days without food, without water. I’m very thirsty,” — he complains. 

The wounded commander remained with him, and the third orc “left behind, he probably died.” Near the place where they are now, there were five wounded and four more dead orcs. 

Vesnin, together with a wounded commander with the call sign “Butcher,” is going to surrender in order to “live at least a little longer.”