The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So to support your supposition that Poland is losing interest in supporting Ukraine against occupation by Russia, you use Russian propaganda? 

I'm trying to gain more information on it so maybe somebody knows something more trustworthy. Like I said Russia today has been saying since the UN general Assembly that there's a rift. And I mean certainly some things were covered by other media outlets but I'm not sure about this particular situation but I think it's relatively recent as in like today.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I'm trying to gain more information on it so maybe somebody knows something more trustworthy. Like I said Russia today has been saying since the UN general Assembly that there's a rift. And I mean certainly some things were covered by other media outlets but I'm not sure about this particular situation but I think it's relatively recent as in like today.

So Russian propaganda reports something, which you then post here, and you would like other posters to find real news reporting the same lies and deception?  

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

So Russian propaganda reports something, which you then post here, and you would like other posters to find real news reporting the same lies and deception?  

So you just answered my question. It is in fact not true, thank you. I worried with Slovakias new leader and the US lack of new funds. Poland has played a very big role and it's just a little bit worried to hear this stuff 

i dont have sources so just going off of memory but a couple days after the poland/ukraine spat they reached a deal of some sort and there was backpeddling on the statement that poland made about aid

The Slovakia leader change is concerning but thats still only 1 EU country and doesnt necessarily mean a change in support from Slovakia or the EU. Hungary has been serving that role already so 1 more of them I dont think would change much in the worst case

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

i dont have sources so just going off of memory but a couple days after the poland/ukraine spat they reached a deal of some sort and there was backpeddling on the statement that poland made about aid

The Slovakia leader change is concerning but thats still only 1 EU country and doesnt necessarily mean a change in support from Slovakia or the EU. Hungary has been serving that role already so 1 more of them I dont think would change much in the worst case

I believe this BBC article touches upon the major points that have been brought up.

As the title states 

Russia warned EU not weary over war support

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66981381

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

So you just answered my question. It is in fact not true, thank you. I worried with Slovakias new leader and the US lack of new funds. Poland has played a very big role and it's just a little bit worried to hear this stuff 

My take on the current situation is simply that, an opinion;

1) Biden has been a stalwart in support for Ukraine. Ukraine would not exist now except for his support. That said I wish he had sent more equipment than he did and added aircraft to the mix.

2) The GOP: Any thought that the GOP would split over support for a country that was actually fighting the Russians is hard to take. The 'Trumpers' are trying to use this for political reasons. There has always been an isolationist theme in GOP politics. There is also an economic theme here. Many Americans are struggling with inflation and sending money to far off countries irks them. This is especially true when the USA deficit grows without serious concern by many. To give Trump some credit he travelled to Europe early in his presidency and took the Euros to task for the free ride they were taking on Nato funding at the USA expense. 

Now that the war has become real to most Euros their spending and support of Ukraine is growing. About time. At the end of the day I do not think either the DEMs or GOP will abandon Ukraine. They realize that taking Russia out will eliminate a threat to their flank if they have to confront China. The western world is increasing their munitions capacity which will help Ukraine but also restock western warehouses. The upside is that the heavy Ukrainian equipment will run well on frozen ground. Russia will get no breaks! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

My take on the current situation is simply that, an opinion;

1) Biden has been a stalwart in support for Ukraine. Ukraine would not exist now except for his support. That said I wish he had sent more equipment than he did and added aircraft to the mix.

2) The GOP: Any thought that the GOP would split over support for a country that was actually fighting the Russians is hard to take. The 'Trumpers' are trying to use this for political reasons. There has always been an isolationist theme in GOP politics. There is also an economic theme here. Many Americans are struggling with inflation and sending money to far off countries irks them. This is especially true when the USA deficit grows without serious concern by many. To give Trump some credit he travelled to Europe early in his presidency and took the Euros to task for the free ride they were taking on Nato funding at the USA expense. 

Now that the war has become real to most Euros their spending and support of Ukraine is growing. About time. At the end of the day I do not think either the DEMs or GOP will abandon Ukraine. They realize that taking Russia out will eliminate a threat to their flank if they have to confront China. The western world is increasing their munitions capacity which will help Ukraine but also restock western warehouses. The upside is that the heavy Ukrainian equipment will run well on frozen ground. Russia will get no breaks! 

Reading the continued updates from @Sharpshooter and others it’s quite clear the US, Europe, and other allies are fully in support of Ukraine and will continue with this support. 
Russia will be expelled from all of Ukraine and then Ukraine will become a NATO member.

Pootin will not see this because once the war is list he will be eliminated by his own people. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

He’s proving to be just a troll.. claims to be the smartest man in the room for other threads, then comes in here with Russian propaganda saying.. derp I’m trying to learn derp.. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Rook said:

He’s proving to be just a troll.. claims to be the smartest man in the room for other threads, then comes in here with Russian propaganda saying.. derp I’m trying to learn derp.. 🤦‍♂️ 

The US needs to cancel his defence contracts and charge him with treason.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1