The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

4 hours ago, Rook said:

He’s proving to be just a troll.. claims to be the smartest man in the room for other threads, then comes in here with Russian propaganda saying.. derp I’m trying to learn derp.. 🤦‍♂️ 

Never once said I was the smartest. You must be a blast at a party oh who am I kidding you probably don't get invited.

42 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

So two things I think that in the years to come it might take some time. But we are going to learn that the Russians took a staggering number of losses in this war. But number two $300 a month. Omg that's insane. I didn't realize things were that rough over there.

6 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Is Maggie smiling at the end of the video when she threathens nuclear annihlation. Like she has just told a giant fish tale and can't keep a straight face.

About the only one that she is bound to terrify will probably be Elon Musk.

He will probably be quaking and wringing his hands because he believes that Ruzzians always tell the truth.

22 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes, the 2 billion that I pointed out. However, unless I missing something, hasn't the US essentially abandoned Ukraine?

From what I understand, there has been long-term legislation already done to help Ukraine long-term.

Is there a danger that the US could start sending less aid? Sure, mostly due to "analysts" thinking Ukraine needs to be faster at regaining territory (which is a highly unrealistic expectation I might add given Russia is still Russia). However, we're not at that point yet I don't think.

We also have to consider that not everything is going to be done publicly. Just because a public announcement is made, it doesn't mean other things are not done under the table. Public announcements are for us, the public, to show they are supporting Ukraine. The likelihood of those being the true numbers? I'd give it 1% likelihood. 😉

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I am cheering for Ukraine.  Hard!

I also hope the entrance criteria is not reduced.  Specifically in terms of held accountable to bring corruption not only under control.  Hold its past abusers to justice. Even under the gun, guilty have to be exposed, flushed. Have functional systems of justice, economics, renewed legal commerce.

Bear in mind police, more importantly judges and govt agencies did not just take kickbacks. Fundamental control was sold, seeded and spoonfed to Oligarch's. Oligarch's the string pullers. I'll mention who may have been was the biggest in a sec, but it does not matter. So much as regaining effective justice, which then allows a democratic system to deploy public policy. Public infers governance by those elected, which was not the case.     

Many, but not all, and the largest Oligarchs off this corruption were initially Soviet, Russian operatives. Who's tactics bought companies making, just a hypothetical, say $100 Mill profits a year and having assets, a market value of $500 Mill? For $50 Mill! By having both cash infusions, and 'security' provided by companies like Wagner, funded under Putin's watch. Security also 'code,' for the judge or under the gun business owner to take the money. Or get shot? Putin got a cut, always had a goal of gaining such control over a functional entirety of Ukraine. Judges and police, just drug mules not plot leaders. But they took the money & Ukrainian Oligarch's also existed, still exist.  As long as they pay tax security clearance as required. This is what the actual corruption was, its scale!

It takes years, where an elected government manages to control its own military. Subsequently police & judicial systems? To root out such massive poaching.  

Its why the EU insists on the continued progress Ukraine is making.  Who do not want its investors pumping money into Ukraine. Only to have it hijacked.

In a cold hearted QFT statement! This war may have been? May still be the only real way for Ukraine to truly reclaim lingering controls from its Soviet past.

Technically independent long before 2014, this is still the unfortunate real beating heart of Maidan!

One day it will be celebrated as such...

Let's not kid ourselves. Corruption is worldwide. In Ukraine's case corruption could cause them to lose their country. IMHO those involved in corruption have to be dealt with in a severe and public way. Their actions likely cause injury and death to those who defending Ukraine. There can be no pity. If guilt is proven then the proper justice has to be capital punishment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Let's not kid ourselves. Corruption is worldwide. In Ukraine's case corruption could cause them to lose their country. IMHO those involved in corruption have to be dealt with in a severe and public way. Their actions likely cause injury and death to those who defending Ukraine. There can be no pity. If guilt is proven then the proper justice has to be capital punishment. 

Yes.

And no kidding! The public deserves to see it when they are sending their sons, these days their daughters to war.

Case in point; Putin was funding much of the war with money looted corruptly by Wagner in Africa, Syria. Skimming off the top of child and slave labour. To replace the money he used to loot from Ukraine through people like Yanukovych. Who is more guilty, the Oligarch who pays off the judge. Or the Oligarch? The same Oligarch who pays off a general to sign off on $10 mill worth of winter gear with with no winter coats. Or the general?

Who cares.  String em all up if its costing lives.  Its mutiny, not just murder.    

Including Putin, his generals & warlords at the Hague.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Good luck with that Comrade. 

Where is Elon Musk to TWIT that they should have referendums in Finland?

While they're at it.  He could fund a semi autonomous zone of Latino and Mexicans around Fremont? I think its Tesla's largest factory. For AI and other stuff anyway... No green cards as long as they know a special recipe for beans.

Mt Diablo, San Ramon, Bruno, Jose, Palo Alto, all English American names.  Amirite?

They could probably vote most of So Cal independent!

image.thumb.png.d490b629bf399f31c1c914f959092342.png

Speaking of beans; I have had too many tonite!  😐