The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

11 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Well you all say Putin is Hitler 

if he’s Hitler you’d all go enlist and fight

so instead you act “virtuous” online by Saying no peace!!! At no risk to your life 

to me that’s virtue signalling. 

No one said no to peace. Ukrainians say a resounding no to Putin’s ridiculous offer and his notion of peace. I support that. If Putin proposes a peace deal that says Russia will pull out of all of Ukraine, including Crimea, I will support that.

You’re the one tossing around the nuclear war threats so in your eyes I have a great deal to risk and I am willing to risk it. Someone continually accusing others of virtue signalling makes me wonder if that person has any virtues of their own…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Did putin agree to leave all of Ukraine in this agreement?

Interesting comment. I'm not sure your point is material here.

1. As I was not party to the agreement I do not know

2. However, the material matter here, is both parties had agreed in principle to a ceasefire and the peace terms laid out in that document

3. I don't believe they cared what the wishes of Joe King on canucks forum was, but rather they agreed to whatever was in that document.

4. What is also material is two countries who love war and make money from it, prevented a peace from occuring - so its been said.

That's all

27 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Forgive me Alf for not believing it’s Hitler all over again 

1. Putin’s behavior since I’ve been alive is yes or an authoritarian, he has not however been Hitler 

2. Saddam was Hitler Alf. Again, you have to notice the messaging the military industrial complex uses to get support for war. To of course make money 

3. Im not interested in a nuclear war over Ukraine sorry 

4. last time I checked the only threat to my kids is nuclear war. That comes from pushing Putin into it. 

many of you would like to be crispy cup pepperoni over Ukraine, cool. Not me 

Can you explain the difference between Hitler invading Poland in 1939 and Pootin invading Ukraine now? 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

So, after having a great day, in a fantasy draft, I come here to see 4 or 5 pages of one guy spewing his agenda. I did not after reading all these pages see once where he guarantees Putin would stop killing, taking land, evicting, and kidnapping children in the area's where Ukrainian's are under Russian control. Not once did he guarantee anything, he just continued to spew the same BS at every response.

@ArmchairGM22 my son just sponsored a young woman who was stuck near the front line, and was experiencing explosions near her house, daily. No running water, no electricity, no way out. She would not smile, and could not laugh. She knew she had to get out of the area, but was basically paralyzed, not knowing which way to go, nor having the financial where with all, to be able to get out, even if she could.

She, along with all her friends were terrified, of the Russian invasion, and did not have the means to fight back. She was afraid of being raped, and then killed.

So, I ask you a simple question.........if you were her neighbor, and the Russians knocked her door down, would you try and protect her, or would you run away?

I suspect the later!

It is the take, I get from you. 

If then, when they were finished with her, they came to your house, and grabbed your daughter, and did the same thing, would you beg for my help? I suspect you would!

And there lays the point!

I suspect, you will never answer this question, as I think you see the point, and it forces you to answer your true position............I hope you can look in the mirror, when you come to your conclusion.......I bet, you will not!

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

2. However, the material matter here, is both parties had agreed in principle to a ceasefire and the peace terms laid out in that document

3. I don't believe they cared what the wishes of Joe King on canucks forum was, but rather they agreed to whatever was in that document.

4. What is also material is two countries who love war and make money from it, prevented a peace from occuring - so its been said.

That's all

What document are you vaguely referring to?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Can you explain the difference between Hitler invading Poland in 1939 and Pootin invading Ukraine now? 

watch the video i just posted it will explain it, particularly if you watched the video Greenwald shared (the one I shared here as well)

cheers

I will also state............

This guy has no security clearance

Has not been to Ukraine

and is only looking for political gain

This is a ridiculous answer!

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Now there's a man who should be listened to!   He's been right on so many things before and his opinion is bound to win us all over to your point of view.

(Do I need a smiley face here to denote sarcasm?)

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

That's all

Again we are not the ones you need to convince. For what ever reason the document was not signed it was not signed. You need to convince one or both leaders in this conflict. You are wasting yours and our time trying to convince us. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

watch the video i just posted it will explain it, particularly if you watched the video Greenwald shared (the one I shared here as well)

cheers

How about you in your own words explain the difference? Don’t hide behind others’ words. Say what you believe. I’ll wait. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

WATCH

THE

VIDEO

AND LEARN HOW LITTLE YOU UNDERSTAND OF THE ISSUES

So you can't speak for yourself and require others to do it for you?  All that does is tell us how little you  understand the issues.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, JIAHN said:

You are not debating...you are insulting!

Very similar approach to the folks we see in the vaccine thread. 

All just disingenuous arguing, straw men, and when that fails, bullying.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Very similar approach to the folks we see in the vaccine thread. 

All just disingenuous arguing, straw men, and when that fails, bullying.

And when bullying fails, claim to be the victim

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, JIAHN said:

I will also state............

This guy has no security clearance

Has not been to Ukraine

and is only looking for political gain

This is a ridiculous answer!

Yep as expected

I can tell most here get their views from main stream media, i get it most people do. And they also don't realize most of that is propaganda. how do you learn that? Well you go and seek out alternative sources of information on say twitter, independent journalists with good reputations. You read what they say, read the documents they post, and compare that to what MSM has said. Over time, since you've done PRIMARY research, many see that MSM lies profusely, literally about everything. You then learn who to trust in the independent media space - but intelligent people never relinquish their mind to others. You still have to verify search and figure out who's telling the truth.

For certain, some things we can never prove or disprove, but when you see a high proportion of lies coming from one side you get an idea.

What is concerning, and I see here on this site, is an intellectual fear to look at things that don't conform to one's world view. Immediate screams about sources, about a tweet, without actually opening the tweet, watching the video and learning that you could be wrong.

I have no more time to engage intellectually scared people who are not aware alot of MSM is propaganda.

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

So you can't speak for yourself and require others to do it for you?  All that does is tell us how little you  understand the issues.

He is a republican....he can't help it!

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1