The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

So, after having a great day, in a fantasy draft, I come here to see 4 or 5 pages of one guy spewing his agenda. I did not after reading all these pages see once where he guarantees Putin would stop killing, taking land, evicting, and kidnapping children in the area's where Ukrainian's are under Russian control. Not once did he guarantee anything, he just continued to spew the same BS at every response.

@ArmchairGM22 my son just sponsored a young woman who was stuck near the front line, and was experiencing explosions near her house, daily. No running water, no electricity, no way out. She would not smile, and could not laugh. She knew she had to get out of the area, but was basically paralyzed, not knowing which way to go, nor having the financial where with all, to be able to get out, even if she could.

She, along with all her friends were terrified, of the Russian invasion, and did not have the means to fight back. She was afraid of being raped, and then killed.

So, I ask you a simple question.........if you were her neighbor, and the Russians knocked her door down, would you try and protect her, or would you run away?

I suspect the later!

It is the take, I get from you. 

If then, when they were finished with her, they came to your house, and grabbed your daughter, and did the same thing, would you beg for my help? I suspect you would!

And there lays the point!

I suspect, you will never answer this question, as I think you see the point, and it forces you to answer your true position............I hope you can look in the mirror, when you come to your conclusion.......I bet, you will not!

he is the sort of person that would offer up his wife next and offer them drinks to keep them happy until they left.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO @JIAHN this is a poster who pushes buttons and then reports to the moderators when confronted. His goal is not to engage is discussion but rather to antagonize and report. Yes, it’s childish, but that’s what I believe is going on here. 

not at all alf

I have a different view

and am not brainwashed by propaganda by main stream media

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Very similar approach to the folks we see in the vaccine thread. 

All just disingenuous arguing, straw men, and when that fails, bullying.

IMHAO it’s both childish and cowardly, just like Pootin. Imagine if Pootin actually had to fight his own battles. He’d shit himself and run to the closet woman’s skirts like a little baby whiner. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO @JIAHN this is a poster who pushes buttons and then reports to the moderators when confronted. His goal is not to engage is discussion but rather to antagonize and report. Yes, it’s childish, but that’s what I believe is going on here. 

yes, Alf, I understand that, but he is insulting us, with every response, and continues to troll us.....he is not debating!

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

not at all alf

I have a different view

and am not brainwashed by propaganda by main stream media

If that’s the case then answer the questions, in your own words, that are put to you. No allusion to some obscure video. 
What should Ukraine do considering Pootin has occupied much of their country and claimed it as his? 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

he is the sort of person that would offer up his wife next and offer them drinks to keep them happy until they left.

This is what I am beginning to think......

6 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

irony

It looks like you have as much understanding of the meaning of that word as Alanis Morissette did.  (I say did because think she knows now.)

I ask genuinely.......

Do we know ArmchairGM22 is not actually a bot? I mean, all he does is press buttons. Does not debate, is not compassionate, nor ethical, nor loyal. I mean does he even have an address in Canada?

• ThereItIs 1

wow so much anger from having a different point of view

I truly wonder how you all react when your boss has a different view on something. Do you hurl insults at him and scream at HR?

Cool

Have a nice life all. Sorry for not wanting nuclear war....you all can be brave with other people's lives on a canucks forum!

Sickening

Anyone who thinks sacrificing 40 million people to slavery to avoid a nuclear war is not a good person. I dont consider myself very brave or strong but thats a level of cowardice that I cant tolerate. And i cant respect any opinion that tries to justify it. And yes what Russia has done to Ukrainians in the occupied territories is slavery, if not genocide which has also occurred. Can throw in human trafficking too with all those children they took to convert into Russians. No one should be forced to live under Russian rule. Not even Russians

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I truly wonder how you all react when your boss has a different view on something. Do you hurl insults at him and scream at HR?

Cool

Have a nice life all. Sorry for not wanting nuclear war....you all can be brave with other people's lives on a canucks forum!

Sickening

Your argument is clearly a straw man and I believe you know that. Of course no one want nuclear war. No sane person wants any war. 
You still have not answered a question here in your own words. Are you not capable of doing that? 
What should Ukraine do to attain this peace you want? Explain. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Cool

Sickening

Look buddy

You can have a different view, but if you do not want to have an actual discussion, and actually answer questions.....then what is the point of you being here?

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Your argument is clearly a straw man and I believe you know that. Of course no one want nuclear war. No sane person wants any war. 
You still have not answered a question here in your own words. Are you not capable of doing that? 
What should Ukraine do to attain this peace you want? Explain. 

Sign the agreement that was agreed to, or whatever peace agreement can be arranged now. But ask for a peace and try for it

And no alf it doesn't mean they will get all the land back. that's the reality of ending a war. I've explained this, why you keep asking is confusing.

• chaos 1

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sign the agreement that was agreed to, or whatever peace agreement can be arranged now. But ask for a peace and try for it

And no alf it doesn't mean they will get all the land back. that's the reality of ending a war. I've explained this, why you keep asking is confusing.

What about the people you are giving up? You know, the ones that elected you?

Edited by JIAHN
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

And you honestly believe Russia will uphold that agreement? In spite of recent history?

Just now, JIAHN said:

What about the people you are giving up?

I've written alot of posts here explaining my views, provided alot of other information to consider. I am not going to rehash it all. You're welcome to just click on my name and read those posts.

Done here.

• Wiener 1

Just now, StrayDog said:

And you honestly believe Russia will uphold that agreement? In spite of recent history?

So again, your solution is what? Keep the meat grinder going, endless war until it ends up nuclear?

Great alternative bro. At some point you have to accept a peace agreement and hope it holds unless you want the above

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I've written alot of posts here explaining my views, provided alot of other information to consider. I am not going to rehash it all. You're welcome to just click on my name and read those posts.

Done here.

🥲

Edited by JIAHN

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

So again, your solution is what? Keep the meat grinder going, endless war until it ends up nuclear?

Great alternative bro. At some point you have to accept a peace agreement and hope it holds unless you want the above

I don't have to accept anything "bro". You want to sacrifice an entire nation to a despot. That meat grinder only stops when Putin decides. And not a second before.

Bro

• Cheers 1