The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I've written alot of posts here explaining my views, provided alot of other information to consider. I am not going to rehash it all. You're welcome to just click on my name and read those posts.

Done here.

I think you've got me blocked but I just have to say I find it astonishing that you think you've really explained anything.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sign the agreement that was agreed to, or whatever peace agreement can be arranged now. But ask for a peace and try for it

And no alf it doesn't mean they will get all the land back. that's the reality of ending a war. I've explained this, why you keep asking is confusing.

Do by this reasoning Russia could declare war against us and claim our Arctic archipelago. And we should work for peace so just let Pootin take it? 
What if Pootin believes Alaska is part of Russia? It once was. Should the US give it to Pootin if he threatens nuclear war if they don’t? 
I appreciate your answer but I cannot agree that giving in to a bully is the right thing to do, especially in the Ukraine situation. We must support Ukraine and if that means boots on the ground then do be it. Pootin, like Hitler, must be stopped. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Do by this reasoning Russia could declare war against us and claim our Arctic archipelago. And we should work for peace so just let Pootin take it? 
What if Pootin believes Alaska is part of Russia? It once was. Should the US give it to Pootin if he threatens nuclear war if they don’t? 
I appreciate your answer but I cannot agree that giving in to a bully is the right thing to do, especially in the Ukraine situation. We must support Ukraine and if that means boots on the ground then do be it. Pootin, like Hitler, must be stopped. 

Well I guess if Putin actually attacks a NATO country, given our legal agreements it would change the dynamic wouldn't it

19 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sign the agreement that was agreed to, or whatever peace agreement can be arranged now. But ask for a peace and try for it

And no alf it doesn't mean they will get all the land back. that's the reality of ending a war. I've explained this, why you keep asking is confusing.

The peace agreement can be negotiated once Putin stops wasting oxygen.  There is no reason to negotiate with that subhuman vermin, or to respect respect those arguing that there is.  No amount of idiots from Twitter are going to change this fact 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I think you've got me blocked but I just have to say I find it astonishing that you think you've really explained anything.

And add that “a lot” is two words. A sure fire sign a poster is young when they misspell a lot as “alot”. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I agree Alf but that's not what the guys on Twitter and the guys on the bowling team are saying and it's their opinion that counts.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

The peace agreement can be negotiated omce Putin stops watering wasting oxygen.  There is no reason to negotiate with that subhuman vermin, or to respect respect those arguing that there is.  No amount of idiots from Twitter are going to change this fact 

How about the Taliban? You didn't seem upset by that

Just now, Alflives said:

And add that “a lot” is two words. A sure fire sign a poster is young when they misspell a lot as “alot”. 

His struggles with the English language are well documented, but he has shown no sign of being interested in learning to communicate coherently.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This is what he does not seem to understand Alf.......It is a good point! 

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

How about the Taliban? You didn't seem upset by that

Find one post where I argued negotiating with the Taliban was ok.  As a matter of fact, I argued the opposite on the old site.

• Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again you know that’s a “what about ism”. It’s not really not an honest  answer. 

So far he's shown he doesn't know what honest answer means

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

A fire will snuff itself out if you deprive it of oxygen. Only you can prevent forest fires.

ive learned recently that forest fires can survive extremely cold winters and resurrect themselves. They are much more resilient than I ever knew

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I think what we are witnessing may be the result of oxygen deprivation. Lol, jk OP. I'm with you.

I'm biting my tongue to avoid saying something ban worthy right now.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

More educational materials. As I can see most have not done much homework here. And as my 2 posted videos showed, its more complicated that Drrr Pootin Hitlerssszzz....

there's actually alot here that corroborates the 2 videos but whatever, I am sure people will parse this out and hurl insults at me for trying to show its more complicated than they think.

Cool beans

Learning and thinking bad! Accept what we are told Good! Disagree! We will bully and insult you! Grrrr!!!!!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/03/16/290525623/crimeans-vote-on-splitting-from-ukraine-to-join-russia

A lot is two words. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

More educational materials. As I can see most have not done much homework here. And as my 2 posted videos showed, its more complicated that Drrr Pootin Hitlerssszzz....

there's actually alot here that corroborates the 2 videos but whatever, I am sure people will parse this out and hurl insults at me for trying to show its more complicated than they think.

Cool beans

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/03/16/290525623/crimeans-vote-on-splitting-from-ukraine-to-join-russia

Here is a 7 hour and 41 minute documentary on WWII. It think you will find it sufficiently explains my feelings on the matter. Checkmate 

https://youtu.be/9ffQ5iPw8u8?si=Trl43g4dUJ3h4Vxr

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

wow so much anger from having a different point of view

I truly wonder how you all react when your boss has a different view on something. Do you hurl insults at him and scream at HR?

Cool

Have a nice life all. Sorry for not wanting nuclear war....you all can be brave with other people's lives on a canucks forum!

Sickening

When my boss has a different point of view from me it does not deny a nation its sovereignty. It does not reward an expansionist land-grab invasion. It does not deny the opportunity for justice from war crimes. And it does not say to other states looking to invade their smaller neighbors that it's fine because fighting back might cost people lives.

Weak strawman.

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Cool beans

Learning and thinking bad! Accept what we are told Good! Disagree! We will bully and insult you! Grrrr!!!!!

What's the saying about always encountering assholes again?

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Cool beans

Things are more complex than you believe them to  be.   Ask yourself how many Russians were shipped into in Crimea, and how many Ukrainians had been forced out, at the time that referendum took place.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1