The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

THE SCAM OF THE SECOND LARGEST ARMY IN THE WORLD

We always hear that Russia, the main heir to the powerful USSR, had a gigantic stockpile of weapons and ammunition, capable of standing up to any country or coalition in the world. In fact, they always made a point of propagating that they had the largest number of artillery pieces, the best surface-to-air missile systems (S400), the largest number of tanks (compared to any other country) and even the most well prepared professional army of history.

In Brazil there is a saying that says: “ADVERTISING IS THE SOUL OF BUSINESS”.

In fact, these months of Russian invasion have demonstrated that everything was just a bluff. In fact, the economic collapse that Russia has experienced in recent decades has caused its much-vaunted military power to disintegrate. Today what we see is an army that uses poorly trained prisoners and conscripts to try to hold a front line that is gradually collapsing.

Every day we see the remains of tank stocks arrive in Ukraine, most of them built in the 1960s, which are easily destroyed by Ukrainians using modern laser-guided weapons, against which Russian heavy vehicles have no chance.

The Russian artillery propagated, in fact, is imprecise, slow and easily tracked. Thus, easily destroyable. Men on the front line often complain about the lack of support from their artillery. This happens not due to lack of interest or disorganization, but mainly due to a lack of ammunition.

The ammunition, when it arrives, is practically useless, with several cases in which it is so rusty that the chance of it exploding upon launch is greater than that of killing any Ukrainian soldier. Even those intended for low caliber weapons are few and often arrive in poor condition.

We have already seen Russians improvise kamikaze drones with explosives made from soda bottles in a desperate attempt to attack Ukrainians. Its famous anti-aircraft defenses cannot even defend themselves against Ukrainian missiles.

The Russian Army is dying, and with it, its farce.

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Wanna make some $$

Look towards chemical and arms manufacturers over the next 5 years.  Restocking levels will be higher than they've been in the US since the Vietnam war.  Something tells me that the conflict is only going to drag on and spill over.  We've seen more sabre rattling and expansionist direction from China since at any point in time in their history and Xi might very well start debating a US style conflict to deflect from growing economic pressures at home

War is awful and sadly the usual suspects will always profit from it

"I'm here until Berlin": Russia's war video sends chilling message

Russia has launched a new advertising campaign for its unlawful war of aggression against Ukraine, which Moscow refers to as a "military special operation."

This was reported by Anton Herashchenko, the former Deputy Interior Minister of Ukraine.

On the social medie X, formerly known as Twitter, he writes,

"Russia has posted another ad for its 'special military operation,' stating that Russian soldiers will receive free land in Odessa after capturing it."

'The actor says, 'I'm here until victory, until Berlin, just as my grandpa told me.'

In the comments, people are writing, 'So we have to take Berlin too! Great!'"

Herashchenko also posted the relevant clip he is referring to. The video, which is Russian propaganda, is available in link.

Put yer cookie blocker on before dagens, but...

https://www.dagens.com/news/do-you-remember-the-russian-journalist-that-protested-against-putin-on-live-tv-she-just-got-a-long-prison-sentence

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I was very happy to see the first notes of this happening again..Crimea is definately being prepped for a larger landing, or at the very least to try to draw trooops to the coastal defenses away from the front lines elsewhere, but then i saw some russian videos of one of the landing party who was captured. Apparently his Sea-do had engine issues when they were exfiltrating and he was captured alive. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Thanks for this photoshopped image from a Russian Wagner supporter. 

Your source:

@Wagnersfamily

Russian | Cousin of a Wagner PMC artilleryman | My Pronouns: fck/WEF | You can donate to bitcoin wallet linked in profile.

He said Potata?

You said Potato. Lets call the whole thing off!

12 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I was very happy to see the first notes of this happening again..Crimea is definately being prepped for a larger landing, or at the very least to try to draw trooops to the coastal defenses away from the front lines elsewhere, but then i saw some russian videos of one of the landing party who was captured. Apparently his Sea-do had engine issues when they were exfiltrating and he was captured alive. 

I doubt a large scale landing in Crimea can be supported well enough. Focus on a breakout towards Tokmak makes more sense. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

This is really important to have if you want to have any chance of surviving the coming war with AI and its robot war machine's....

Absolutely perfect for winter warfare. If it protects you from thermal imaging, it must be toasty warm, while the Russians are shivering in whatever clothes they can round up, fully visible to any generation of night vision.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I doubt a large scale landing in Crimea can be supported well enough. Focus on a breakout towards Tokmak makes more sense. 

agreed, I believe they will keep feigning to the coast and if an opportunity arrises to create a beachhead, they will. The east push vs south push is working very well at 'ping-ponging' russian troop concentrations, it just makes sense to try to pull more to a 'third front' which can be accomplished just like they are doing it, 20 man units or 16 man units raiding the coastline could be just as effective as a full on landing by a battle group. THing is if Russian DOESN"T reinforce the beaches in Crimea, then really the Ukraine authorities should land some thousands at once and force the issue of the third front. Just my opionion. prepping the region as they ahve it is now very easy for them to simply keep dusting the important units and equipment via skyshadow's et cetera.