The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Again, the political way is the only way Russia can win this war, it'll be interesting to see what happens if Trump wins in November, Biden is still president till January 20th in that event, wonder what they can ram through to ensure Ukraine is still supported.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DSVII said:

Again, the political way is the only way Russia can win this war, it'll be interesting to see what happens if Trump wins in November, Biden is still president till January 20th in that event, wonder what they can ram through to ensure Ukraine is still supported.

Hmm, funny how the troll gets banished then you have this laughing emoji guy joins 5 hours later and thinks we won’t notice?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

2 hours ago, Rook said:

Hmm, funny how the troll gets banished then you have this laughing emoji guy joins 5 hours later and thinks we won’t notice?

i must have missed something here since im not seeing who you are referring to.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

i must have missed something here since im not seeing who you are referring to.

That troll that was causing issues yesterday was disappeared and now there’s a new account.  Shortbusleftist

13 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

i havent seen any posts from him, did he get banned again already?

Oh he has already exited stage "right" is my guess

@Sharpshooter and the gang are pretty on the ball for sure and they gave that person enough rope to hang themselves with.

And they did

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

I’d like to think that these to are about to lose their lives,.    they genuine deserve it.

For the death, poverty, and terrorism they have been allowed to inflict upon others,  and global instability that affects us all ,  

Death has not come quick enough to them.

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’d like to think that these to are about to lose their lives,.    they genuine deserve it.

For the death, poverty, and terrorism they have been allowed to inflict upon others,  and global instability that affects us all ,  

Highly doubt it will remotely be fat boy's best troops.  In fact, it'll likely be just a way for him to unload people he has in prison (and let Poutine feed them) that aren't of any use to him anymore (forced labor, etc.,).  Probably be used for mine/antipersonal devices duty (eg., let them walk around in uncleared land) or a target.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I assume this changes South Korea's calculus on the war. I would think we'll see substaintial arms deliveries from them to Ukraine in the coming months. South Korea out-produces even the US in self-propelled 155mm artillery.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

This statement by North Korea, along with the actual agreement with Putin, is just another example of the results of the West not acting early enough or strong enough against Putin in the first year of the war.

I can not help but wonder what common Russians will think about North Koreans walking around Moscow? True, they will be transfer to the front line immediately, but long term, Russians will have to deal with North Korean's trying to escape North Korean rule. 

This will not turn out well for anyone, including Russia

I'm thinking back to 2014 when Obama didn't decisively stop Putin from moving into Crimea. 

Was it because he wanted to build Ukraine up and traded space for time. Or did he just blink.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

This statement by North Korea, along with the actual agreement with Putin, is just another example of the results of the West not acting early enough or strong enough against Putin in the first year of the war.

I can not help but wonder what common Russians will think about North Koreans walking around Moscow? True, they will be transfer to the front line immediately, but long term, Russians will have to deal with North Korean's trying to escape North Korean rule. 

This will not turn out well for anyone, including Russia

acting too early in a matter like this can be dangerous.

Im all for assassination as a deterrent.

but when it dosent happen, you get the posturing we now see,.  And then the escalation.

They are now showing their cards.

It’s a good time for a deterrent, or 2 .

get rid of the source of the posture,.

these two leaders are in command, I highly doubt any one else steps up quickly, or retaliates.

They are not a democracy,  they do not have the same Cast of leadership or organizational command.

Their  Militaries would be lost for what, where, when, why, and how.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'm thinking back to 2014 when Obama didn't decisively stop Putin from moving into Crimea. 

Was it because he wanted to build Ukraine up and traded space for time. Or did he just blink.

I think the western world (well probably not the Ukrainians, Poles, or the Baltics) was still in the 90s and 2000s thinking that the best way to deal with Russia was to make them our partners. Economic insentives, diplomancy, showing that it's more prosperous to be our friend than adversary. Obviously that failed, but there was thought that the momentum of all the other post-soviet states becoming western allign democracys would be inticing to Russia.

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

but when it dosent happen, you get the posturing we now see,.  And then the escalation.

these two leaders are in command, I highly doubt any one else steps up quickly, or retaliates.

They are not a democracy,  they do not have the same Cast of leadership or organizational command.

Kim's even harder to get to than Putin and has a history of murdering his own family members out of paranoia.  

20 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

I think the western world (well probably not the Ukrainians, Poles, or the Baltics) was still in the 90s and 2000s thinking that the best way to deal with Russia was to make them our partners. Economic insentives, diplomancy, showing that it's more prosperous to be our friend than adversary. Obviously that failed, but there was thought that the momentum of all the other post-soviet states becoming western allign democracys would be inticing to Russia.

Ironically John McCain would have been better suited for handling Putin. If only he didn't  chose Palin as his VP.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well it is now a mute point, anyways....

I would not be surprised to see 50,000 to 100,000 NK arriving......then what?

7 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Well it is now a mute point, anyways....

I would not be surprised to see 50,000 to 100,000 NK arriving......then what?

every counter point has an opinion to any question they have,

Perhaps you can give your opinion to your question first JIHAN.

regardless , we are still at a point where assassination/s should take place rather than thousands go to War.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DSVII said:

I’ve said that numerous times in this thread as well. 

Obama miscalculated on this one big time. 

I say it again, as a staunch supporter of him and his presidency. 

• Cheers 3