The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

AFU shot down Russian Su-25 in Donetsk region!

•Drones attacked an oil depot in the Tambov region at night, fire broke out.

• "Tivaz" division writes that ATACMS hit the radar of the Russian S-500 air defence system. 

• 30+ Russian military aircraft were shot down by AFU in the first half of 2024, — StratCom ZSU

• Biden: "US did not transfer the money to Ukraine directly, but instead spend it in the USA on weapons for Ukraine."

•Denmark has completed training of 50 Ukrainian Air Force ground crew (engineers) for F-16.

•Finland announced a €159 million military aid package to Ukraine, - MoD

• "A detailed peace plan will be ready this year. We want peace, but we have to be strong!", - Zelensky

• By the end of 2024, around 20 Ukrainian pilots will have been trained in Denmark on F-16.

• In the next 4 years, international partners plan to provide Ukraine with total military support worth 60 billion dollars annually, - Smyhal

•"Poland to sign security agreement with Ukraine before NATO summit", - Donald Tusk

• The Ministry of Defence confirmed the destruction of the Russian space communications center.

• "We managed to return ten more of our people from Russian captivity. Despite all the difficulties", — Zelensky.

Coffee here and Thank you

• Cheers 1

Seems to me MILLITARY TARGETS include Air Fields..    wtf

The Biden administration forbids Ukraine from targeting the Baltimore base with U.S. missiles, suggesting instead to shoot down the planes mid-air.

However, Russians use standoff bombs, launching from a distance to evade Ukrainian air defenses.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

AFU shot down Russian Su-25 in Donetsk region!

•Drones attacked an oil depot in the Tambov region at night, fire broke out.

• "Tivaz" division writes that ATACMS hit the radar of the Russian S-500 air defence system. 

• 30+ Russian military aircraft were shot down by AFU in the first half of 2024, — StratCom ZSU

• Biden: "US did not transfer the money to Ukraine directly, but instead spend it in the USA on weapons for Ukraine."

•Denmark has completed training of 50 Ukrainian Air Force ground crew (engineers) for F-16.

•Finland announced a €159 million military aid package to Ukraine, - MoD

• "A detailed peace plan will be ready this year. We want peace, but we have to be strong!", - Zelensky

• By the end of 2024, around 20 Ukrainian pilots will have been trained in Denmark on F-16.

• In the next 4 years, international partners plan to provide Ukraine with total military support worth 60 billion dollars annually, - Smyhal

•"Poland to sign security agreement with Ukraine before NATO summit", - Donald Tusk

• The Ministry of Defence confirmed the destruction of the Russian space communications center.

• "We managed to return ten more of our people from Russian captivity. Despite all the difficulties", — Zelensky.

Coffee here and Thank you

Biden that sneaky prick.

Instead of giving Ukraine that money to spend outright, he uses it to buy weapons from the us; putting money into the US pockets. I.e the US military industrial complex. 

Thus ensuring that Ukraine cannot strike targets where they want how they want thus prolonging the war. 

Well I absolutely cannot fault him because he's keeping money at home; just giving Ukraine the money to buy what they want to shoot things down when where and how they want would really speed things up and save a lot of lives.

• Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Biden that sneaky prick.

Instead of giving Ukraine that money to spend outright, he uses it to buy weapons from the us; putting money into the US pockets. I.e the US military industrial complex. 

Thus ensuring that Ukraine cannot strike targets where they want how they want thus prolonging the war. 

Well I absolutely cannot fault him because he's keeping money at home; just giving Ukraine the money to buy what they want to shoot things down when where and how they want would really speed things up and save a lot of lives.

Thus helps his home economics ,

perhaps PART of the long game.

All around the strategy behind “long game” is to deplete RuZ of many war industries and resources ,  and bury Russian economy.

Putin will be King of a Crater .

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Thus helps his home economics ,

perhaps PART of the long game.

All around the strategy behind “long game” is to deplete RuZ of many war industries and resources ,  and bury Russian economy.

Putin will be King of a Crater .

Why in the world wouldn't the Americans use their dollars to help build out their own munitions and equipment capacity? Are the Ukrainians going to buy equipment with that money from other countries at a better price? 

If people want to criticize the Americans it should be that they have taken to long to give the AFU the equipment they need to drive the Russians out. If the USA and the NATO allies had stepped up in Feb 2022 and told Putin to get out or this is the timeline of escalation they would face Putin would have left IMHO. IMHO the Ukrainians have legitimate reasons for not trusting NATO's motives over the past 2 years. Is the real strategy to bleed Russia out? It appears so. 

Wow.  I just ran across this one on X.  I really really really hope it's fake but it doesn't look fake.

After the Russian soldier gets injured by an explosive laden drone (I thought the tweet was wrong until I played the video at quarter speed and saw the small drone zip in and not a landmine), he grabs and checks his groin.  There's blood on the back of his pants.  I think his private parts were torn up.  Then he points to his temple and asks for his fellow soldier to kill him.  His comrade obliges him and shoots him in the head.

Obviously Not safe for work or for overly sensitive people. 

Spoiler

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Wow.  I just ran across this one on X.  I really really really hope it's fake but it doesn't look fake.

After the Russian soldier gets injured by an explosive laden drone (I thought the tweet was wrong until I played the video at quarter speed and saw the small drone zip in and not a landmine), he grabs and checks his groin.  There's blood on the back of his pants.  I think his private parts were torn up.  Then he points to his temple and asks for his fellow soldier to kill him.  His comrade obliges him and shoots him in the head.

Obviously Not safe for work or for overly sensitive people. 

Hide contents

pretty sure this was posted a few days ago, but yeah its pretty brutal

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

My apologies to the thread then. 

I checked out on keeping up with it a while back.

If the original poster wants me to delete my post, just let me know either here or over DM.

no don’t worry stuff sometimes doubles up,

but sometimes there’s more information in a similar post .…. And not everyone scrolls through all the pages .

It all moves rapidly here when information comes in .

• Cheers 1

How Russia is attacking Nato:

“We are threatened by something which is not a full-fledged military attack, which are these hybrid threats … everything from meddling in our political processes, (undermining) the trust in our political institutions, disinformation, cyber-attacks (…) and sabotage actions against critical infrastructure,” NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said during an event in Canada last week.

Rod Thornton, a senior lecturer in defense studies at King’s College London, said there’s been a pattern of attacks linked back to Russia. “There has definitely been an increase over the last few months in these particular types of operations. It is something that the Russians are ramping up,” 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/30/europe/russia-hybrid-war-nato/index.html

• Vintage 1