The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

It is only cuz I have had a stupid song in my head since 20o2, its a bit discolike and kind of techno but the only lyrics are 
"Bayraktor and,

MY TRAKTOR"

🤭

repeated often throughout the jam. It only exists in my head...lol 

I like their anti-tank models.

Baytraktar.thumb.jpeg.32e6b13ef53b9ca874e37122f0f7288b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Tank 1

From the same poster on Twitter/ X :

the ukraine army is growing...
there is no real shortage of people that want to join the ukr military....
poland will be training and equipping 1-2 ukr brigades
italy is training another new brigade
france will be training another brigade and equipping it
CZ will be training another brigade
germany is training and equipping an air defense brigade

this is on top of the following brigades that are nearly ready to deploy...
13th jager
150th infantry
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th ranger regiments
49th combat eng brigade
32nd arty brigade expanded
120th recon brigade expanded
35th national guard rgt expanded
16th arty brigade NG

from militaryland.net
project owl map
and other media

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

From the same poster on Twitter/ X :

the ukraine army is growing...
there is no real shortage of people that want to join the ukr military....
poland will be training and equipping 1-2 ukr brigades
italy is training another new brigade
france will be training another brigade and equipping it
CZ will be training another brigade
germany is training and equipping an air defense brigade

this is on top of the following brigades that are nearly ready to deploy...
13th jager
150th infantry
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th ranger regiments
49th combat eng brigade
32nd arty brigade expanded
120th recon brigade expanded
35th national guard rgt expanded
16th arty brigade NG

from militaryland.net
project owl map
and other media

I don't understand this.  Is this other countries training and sending off their own cititzens to fight in Ukraine?  Don't get me wrong, I love this idea and wish more would do it, but how is this different from having these countries officially entering the war against Russia?

7 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

I don't understand this.  Is this other countries training and sending off their own cititzens to fight in Ukraine?  Don't get me wrong, I love this idea and wish more would do it, but how is this different from having these countries officially entering the war against Russia?

It's people in Ukraine joining the Ukrainian Army, then going to those other countries to receive their training (and in some cases equipment).

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

… hmmm.      Notice how the object/ projectile/ or weapon delivery of this is “screened” out of view in this Video?

Houthis  or ….  Hmmmm,  WhoThis? ? 😉  

RuZ is getting fingers chopped .

An interesting claim:

“the US is making more than 200 F35s a year now (full production rate), and most are going to the USAF and USN.  they are displacing about 10-15 F16s a month in the USAF... the F16s they are displacing are fully mission capable, and could be sent to ukraine as excess via EDA (free of charge)..

its a choice not to....
and that is 100% on the current administration.”

. A counter point might be that I’m not sure they have all the bugs out of the F35 yet .

Ive seen video , and heard statements that they heat up excessively .

one vid I saw was a pilot landing / landed and hurriedly jumped out of the cockpit on a section of runway because the operating systems made hot inside the cockpit.

F16 seems to be so versatile and still a superior craft to others in the World , it still has great value .

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

… hmmm.      Notice how the object/ projectile/ or weapon delivery of this is “screened” out of view in this Video?

Houthis  or ….  Hmmmm,  WhoThis? ? 😉  

RuZ is getting fingers chopped .

Hope it was empty, don't like to see an oil spill.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

More on Xi?

Very curious: 

Is Russia lying again?

Today, Russian-language media and social media are rapidly spreading this piece of news, written in the same way: " 'Catastrophe in China': Chinese leader Xi Jinping suffered a stroke - he is on the verge of death, doctors are now fighting for his life." They refer to this tweet by human rights activist Jennifer Zeng - x.com/jenniferzeng97…

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

More on Xi?

Very curious: 

Is Russia lying again?

Today, Russian-language media and social media are rapidly spreading this piece of news, written in the same way: " 'Catastrophe in China': Chinese leader Xi Jinping suffered a stroke - he is on the verge of death, doctors are now fighting for his life." They refer to this tweet by human rights activist Jennifer Zeng - x.com/jenniferzeng97…

There were steady commentary of Putin being close to death about a year back. Xi has had health speculation as well. Whether true or not or simply disinformation to encourage speculation. State funerals will be the answer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

There were steady commentary of Putin being close to death about a year back. Xi has had health speculation as well. Whether true or not or simply disinformation to encourage speculation. State funerals will be the answer. 

And I know the talk about Biden as well,

But Trump has changed ..  since the attempt on his life he looks Traumatized.

PTSD .

He isn’t talking much ,.   And I think he looks as though he’s had enough..

ASS clown will be left selling bobble heads of himself in on an App in jail.

History has taught us allowing Europe to break out in all our war ends up being a world war that requires us to have boots on the ground ....

History has also taught us that if left unchecked the Soviets ( stop pretending that it's Russia vs the old Soviet Union ) will force another massive cold war that again will require boots on the ground 

We will be paying for Ukraine one way or another. If Trump gets his wish and they surrender to the Soviets - NATO is going to have to massively build up bases and numbers in Poland and Germany.

We all want peace but pretending that cutting off aid to Ukraine is going to save our money and keep us out of it .... Is foolhardy wishful thinking at best

I'd rather Canada give them a few billion in aide vs the mass casualties we would face in war with the Soviets and the trillions rebuilding the cold war bases in Europe if ukraine simply surrenders

I do however believe the west and Europe need to get more assertive in pushing Moscow to a peace agreement ..... Even if it means Russia just leaves Ukraine with no make whole type remedy ... And Ukraine is barred from joining NATO or any European military alliance 

Exchange absolute peace for absolute guarantee that Ukraine is militarily neutral towards Russia 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sapper said:

History has taught us allowing Europe to break out in all our war ends up being a world war that requires us to have boots on the ground ....

History has also taught us that if left unchecked the Soviets ( stop pretending that it's Russia vs the old Soviet Union ) will force another massive cold war that again will require boots on the ground 

We will be paying for Ukraine one way or another. If Trump gets his wish and they surrender to the Soviets - NATO is going to have to massively build up bases and numbers in Poland and Germany.

We all want peace but pretending that cutting off aid to Ukraine is going to save our money and keep us out of it .... Is foolhardy wishful thinking at best

I'd rather Canada give them a few billion in aide vs the mass casualties we would face in war with the Soviets and the trillions rebuilding the cold war bases in Europe if ukraine simply surrenders

I do however believe the west and Europe need to get more assertive in pushing Moscow to a peace agreement ..... Even if it means Russia just leaves Ukraine with no make whole type remedy ... And Ukraine is barred from joining NATO or any European military alliance 

Exchange absolute peace for absolute guarantee that Ukraine is militarily neutral towards Russia 

The problem is,   RuZ ,  can not be trusted .

It is because of Putin and the ideology he has cast to all of his “suckers” representing him in the World stage .

When the wall came down , and shortly after RuZ was having access to the Western world ,. RuZ started to prosper .

but the corruption is so engrained .

RuZ needs to collapse.. totally .

A generation of people NEEDS to grow inside its borders that are fully educated , and understand that WE ALL need each other living in Peace and Harmony for Humankind to survive on this Planet.

If we can not live in Harmony on this Planet , and understanding we all need to manage this Planet ..

We, as a species will be lost .

WE , as people .. across this planet need to realize this .

There are “echos” of this in Barbra Woodwards comments towards RuZs

Regime.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Russia will likely pretend Putin is still alive and use his body doubles as puppets.

• Cheers 1

Kharkiv was supposed to be a massive ground offensive into UKraine ..

but well trained and equipped UKR troops, guided by in the moment Intel ,

move and conquer as professionals do.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Sapper said:

This is a perfect sense of reality check everyone need to consider...

Russia is of course larger than Ukraine so needs support. If anyone believes in the inherent risk they pose? I mean..., they already attacked Georgia, Syria, are engaged (with Wagner and other paramilitary groups, alliances with Iran & it's 'axis of evil') in Africa & the Middle East in the deaths of millions actually eclipsing Ukraine, have threatened Japan, and made no secret of their desire to reinstate more than the power & reach of the USSR in places like the Baltics, Eastern Europe all past Ukraine.

This is already a second 'less than' cold war. Russia is making no secret of its intent to pursue its goals via war.

I'd say well done! If you had stopped there.

8 hours ago, Sapper said:

Even if it means Russia just leaves Ukraine with no make whole type remedy ... And Ukraine is barred from joining NATO or any European military alliance 

This ignores that same reality check completely.

1) Russia will not leave Ukraine voluntarily.

2) Ukraine, needs and deserves a security alliance; especially after having been attacked.

Why would Ukraine agree to be defenseless? 👻