The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

11 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Sorry I was thinking of the Malaysia airlines plane that crashed somewhere in the Indian Ocean and had debris wash up on Madagascar.

Chalk it up to Fridays.  The weekend was almost here...

Hope it was fun!  

21 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Ok Ok, just kidding.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Ukrainian Foreign Minister, Dmytro Kuleba, answered questions on the “Reddit Ask Me Anything session”. 

Q: How do you control your emotions when speaking counterparts from Russia?

A: “I last spoke with my ‘counterpart’ in March 2022 in Türkiye. No emotions. He was spewing propaganda BS about Nazis, etc. I said, ‘Look, we are behind closed doors; why would you stick to this nonsense? Let us talk about real things.’ 

I proposed to solve one practical issue: a humanitarian corridor for civilians to leave Mariupol. He replied that he was not authorized to resolve this matter. 

I proposed that we call our leaders right away and resolve the issue. But he refused. 

Talking to liars is exhausting, but I had to try. 

By the way, take with a grain of salt all the nonsense they now tell about the Istanbul talks. I warn everyone not to buy their lies on the matter.”

• ThereItIs 1

I don’t know if this video has been altered ..   but …

seems like an entity rising up ??  🧐

translates:  The epic launch of another Russian infantryman into orbit in the Zaporozhye direction
Unsurpassed 

Didn't see this posted - Trump (if he becomes Presdient) needs to keep the flow of arms going and shut up

Boris Johnson unveils Trump's possible peace plan for Ukraine | RBC-Ukraine

Boris Johnson unveils Trump's possible peace plan for Ukraine

SUN, JULY 21, 2024 - 01:30

UAENRU

AUTHOR: KATERYNA SEROHINA

Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has unveiled Donald Trump's possible peace plan for ending the war in Ukraine, according to Johnson's op-ed in the Daily Mail.

"I believe that Trump can end it (the war - ed.) — on the right terms for Ukraine and the West. I stress that I cannot be sure exactly what he would do, if elected. But this is what he could do," Johnson explained.

Trump's peace plan may include the following steps, according to Johnson:

The West allows Ukraine to use ATACMS and Storm Shadow missiles, as well as other weapons, to target airfields within Russia. Once Russian troops are pushed back, "Putin could offer a deal."

Russia retreats to the borders as of February 24, 2022. Ukrainian territory under Kyiv's control is recognized as a free country with the prospect of rapid accession to the EU and NATO.

After the war, some Ukrainian troops were stationed in European countries to replace part of the 70,000 US troops deployed to deter potential Russian aggression. This would allow Trump "to save money, and to bring US forces home, and get the Europeans to do more in their own defense: one of his key objectives."

Russia declares that the "special military operation" (invasion) has fulfilled its mission and "de-Nazified' the country. Special protective measures may be introduced for the Russian-speaking population of Ukraine.

Johnson remarked that with President Donald Trump in the White House, "there is the real prospect of some global rapprochement with Russia, and with Putin, a return to the days when Russia was a respected partner of the G8 and even of NATO."

According to the politician, there is only one way to achieve such a result — through force.

"Washington under Trump will have to show that international borders must be respected, and that the Soviet empire cannot be rebuilt by force. That means backing the Ukrainians to the hilt," Johnson stated.

He also added that a victory for Ukraine could pave the way for new and much better relations with Russia, which would be a great victory for America and the entire world.

Trump's diplomatic efforts

On July 17, Boris Johnson held a meeting with Donald Trump, during which the politicians discussed the situation in Ukraine. The meeting took place a few days after an attempted assassination of Trump during a campaign rally in Pennsylvania.

On the night of Saturday, July 20, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy had his first phone call with Trump since 2021.

The US presidential candidate positively assessed the communication with Zelenskyy.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Inside RuZ ..

There is an American Geopolitics guy, I forget his name?

He has reported extensively on Russian demographic issues. China as well. Even among, if not the largest reason, Russians need to (re) take over populations like Ukraine?

The modern worlds net loss in birth creates overwhelming loss of workforces for such massive countries. For mines, military, construction, to feed its people. As well as brain drain. Economically they simply have not schooled enough in economics, math, physics, TEACHING, science for innovation, to manage and operate the labour forces they cannot supply either. Lacking technology, historically Russia is also critically low in almost every scale of commercial productivity. Other countries are just vastly more efficient. Compounded by weather and vast distances, this has always been the case. So Russia have been conquerors to make up shortfall, survive. 

One easy solution; easy says Vlad, just take over a country of 37 million!  Of course he presumed Ukraine would lay down their arms; just wanted to join Russia, right?   

Completely gross; also why 700,000 Ukrainian children conveniently without parents? Have been seized,  rescued kidnapped to Russian homes. Tomorrow's workforce!

Worse, done by Putin completely by design understanding this. The FAFO factor biting them in the ass with so many millions now a migration nightmare.   

• Cheers 1