The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I wonder if that War,  IF it escalates , is more rocket / missile orientated.

That war being ME >> Hezbollah / Israel specifically.

My point was scale.  Hezbollah have, apparently, OP has been posting reality check figures, 100,000 fighters?

Ukraine was attacked with 350,000 soldiers.  And reports there have already been over 500,000 Russian casualties, 850,000 total.

Its a small, but highly volatile & strategic pocket that can only 'accomplish a similar scale?  If it becomes an all out Iranian / Saudi / Israeli full blown West versus East and their affiliate conflicts. At which time it could quickly escalate on to Ukrainian scale.  I have predicted a Hezbollah conflict was a mathematical certainty for months.  Which still will be smaller than Ukraine & conflict against Russia.  All just opinion, not fact.  

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

That war being ME >> Hezbollah / Israel specifically.

My point was scale.  Hezbollah have, apparently, OP has been posting reality check figures, 100,000 fighters?

Ukraine was attacked with 350,000 soldiers.  And reports there have already been over 500,000 Russian casualties, 850,000 total.

Its a small, but highly volatile & strategic pocket that can only 'accomplish a similar scale?  If it becomes an all out Iranian / Saudi / Israeli full blown West versus East and their affiliate conflicts. At which time it could quickly escalate on to Ukrainian scale.  I have predicted a Hezbollah conflict was a mathematical certainty for months.  Which still will be smaller than Ukraine & conflict against Russia.  All just opinion, not fact.  

Can Iran engage in such a war with any certainty that their own people will not revolt? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Can Iran engage in such a war with any certainty that their own people will not revolt? 

Seems like they (government in power) are probably using as a "distraction" of sorts as isn't there unrest in that country already?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Seems like they (government in power) are probably using as a "distraction" of sorts as isn't there unrest in that country already?

A repressive regime that has killed thousands over the past 2 years. Amazing how Israel is cast as the bad guy by many opponents when almost all ME countries are ran by despots.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I believe in the 90’s Iran was very dynamic in ways, much like NAmerica.

One would hope their is an underlying will or movement be free of that oppression.

Edited by SilentSam

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A repressive regime that has killed thousands over the past 2 years. Amazing how Israel is cast as the bad guy by many opponents when almost all ME countries are ran by despots.  

I've posted the following video a ton of times but it highlights how a dictatorship moved to democracy *without* outside/inside powers forcing it to:

Sad, not enough countries follow this example

• Thanks 3

To add to the above :

When the World has become a Stage for Freedom and Democracy ,.

May there be a Concert like we have never seen before..

For anyone whose interested in this band ,  they are actually in Vancouver on the 8th of August .. 

it’s on there website.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

People are revolting all over the world in support of Iran's proxies.  I am not sure internal protestors at the opposite end would stop Iran?

Nice to think.

Some believe their regime may fall.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Holy crap... If they take that out, maybe a clean up of crimea could be next?

100 miles north east of Rostov On Don, place called Morozovsk and its Russian Airforce airfield. 

20 hours ago though they took out an S-400 air defence misile battery in Crimea though, so yeah, they can keep hammering the radars and SAM sites in Crimea, and hopefully open up the south to those F 18's  whoops, meant F16s

• ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

100 miles north east of Rostov On Don, place called Morozovsk and its Russian Airforce airfield. 

20 hours ago though they took out an S-400 air defence misile battery in Crimea though, so yeah, they can keep hammering the radars and SAM sites in Crimea, and hopefully open up the south to those F 18's

Fun fact, I can trace my dad's side of the family to Rostov on don to about 1760. 

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

20 hours ago though they took out an S-400 air defence misile battery in Crimea though, so yeah, they can keep hammering the radars and SAM sites in Crimea, and hopefully open up the south to those F 18's

Lots of stuff to shoot at. Image from '23, but I can't imagine this isn't one of their more active bases.

RuzAirBooms.thumb.png.b3b340fd4557e8722d7f0a3652cd3730.png

• Cheers 1