The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

@SilentSam

Thank you so much for all your efforts! It is a full time job!

One observation I have, and it is really a question, as well as a statement. But it would seem that with this incursion into Russia, Ukraine should be killing many Russian soldiers.

If that is the case, I would expect that the daily tally of tanks, military equipment, and soldiers, that Ukraine has killed and destroyed, should be up, significantly.

It is something I wonder about every time I see these lists.....is that the Russians killed is always between 1100 and 1300 men. Never any small days or any large days.

I wonder how much of those lists that are announced are actually factual? And not propaganda?

I am not in any way questioning your posts, only what is actually being announced......I don't know? What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I think anything is possible now ..

UKR seems to own the airspace ,.

With “apparently “ 10 F16’s. Lol.  🤔

Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

They forward deployed at least 2 Buk air defense batteries and are being very conscious to operate under their protective umbrella. It's likely more than 2 batteries, given the area they have effectively denied to the Russia Air Force, but two is all there is confirmation of. F16s might be participating too, given that the VKS has seemingly been unable to conduct SEAD/DEAD missions, but that was never the VKS's strong suit anyways.

• Cheers 1

Current state of advance by Ukranian forces

https://united24media.com/latest-news/kursk-offensive-advances-three-key-ukrainian-objectives-says-the-telegraph-1668

the Kursk offensive advances three key Ukrainian objectives”:

1. The offensive impacts Russian operations in Donetsk, where Russian forces have recently taken gain. The advances are part of Russia’s strategy to consolidate control over Toretsk’s logistical centers. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has acknowledged the challenging situation along the Eastern Front. The Kursk offensive complicates Russia’s efforts to reallocate forces to Donetsk.

2. Additionally, the offensive aims to create internal discord within Russia. Pro-Ukrainian Russian partisans have made incursions into Russian territory, including in Belgorod and Kursk, to disrupt Russia’s sense of security and demonstrate that the war can reach them.

3. The operation also serves to strengthen Ukraine’s bargaining position for future negotiations. Leaked documents suggest that Ukraine is considering a land swap deal, possibly trading Kharkiv for Kursk. While the ability to hold Kursk is uncertain, the offensive has highlighted that penetrating Russian territory may be less challenging than breaching fortified positions in eastern Ukraine.

“The Kursk offensive shows that Russia has not learnt its lessons from the Wagner Group’s lightning seizure of Rostov during its June 2023 mutiny. Aside from predictable threats of annihilating Ukraine and using tactical nuclear weapons, Russia has not responded meaningfully to the Kursk offensive. With F-16 jets also arriving on the frontlines, Putin has plenty of reasons to worry,”

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Lets see if they can maintain the foothold. Of course I hope they do. 

I'm still waiting to see what the actual plan is. I still feel that all this is just a diversion and part of a much bigger plan.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, JIAHN said:

@SilentSam

Thank you so much for all your efforts! It is a full time job!

One observation I have, and it is really a question, as well as a statement. But it would seem that with this incursion into Russia, Ukraine should be killing many Russian soldiers.

If that is the case, I would expect that the daily tally of tanks, military equipment, and soldiers, that Ukraine has killed and destroyed, should be up, significantly.

It is something I wonder about every time I see these lists.....is that the Russians killed is always between 1100 and 1300 men. Never any small days or any large days.

I wonder how much of those lists that are announced are actually factual? And not propaganda?

I am not in any way questioning your posts, only what is actually being announced......I don't know? What do you think?

with this cross over of border , and UKR ON the offensive,   Yes convoys and those mass gatherings are getting targeted and quickly dispersed or annihilated.

the ones that survive seem to be surrendering as soon as UKR Forces appear on the ground.

it seems a mass “invitation to surrender “ has been in the works,  before UKR troops appear in most ops.

Leaflets with instructions for them to identify themselves to be safely captured and evacuated out of losing situation and save their lives

apparently There is a mass load that is being handled..

UKR has also sent in its national guards with new equipment to keep the Peace for RuZ Citizens , and enable Humanitarian aid into those areas.

It all literally is a well oiled machine.

Humanitarian aid and the National Guards were in and active within 48hrs of UKRs capture of RuZ territory.

The  “talk “ of referendums are already in process.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Pretty much the same info here, as the posts above.

""Today's roundup of Kursk.

Key battlefield events

➡️AFU claims full control over Sudzha, geolocated in western Sudzha. Sudzha is high likely taken by the AFU.
➡️AFU controls Snagost' and Ol'govka. There is footage from Dmitriukov, but is still checked for authenticity.
➡️AFU confirmed gains +24,5km2 today
➡️RU sources claim skirmishes in Kucherov, new front?
➡️RU sources report counterattacks near highway sectors of Martynovka, Kazach'ya Loknya and Snagost.
➡️Russia failed to deliver an initial blow, most counterattacks failed, according to RU sources. who describe it as 'hard'.""

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

Pretty much the same info here, as the post above.

""Today's roundup of Kursk.

Key battlefield events

➡️AFU claims full control over Sudzha, geolocated in western Sudzha. Sudzha is high likely taken by the AFU.
➡️AFU controls Snagost' and Ol'govka. There is footage from Dmitriukov, but is still checked for authenticity.
➡️AFU confirmed gains +24,5km2 today
➡️RU sources claim skirmishes in Kucherov, new front?
➡️RU sources report counterattacks near highway sectors of Martynovka, Kazach'ya Loknya and Snagost.
➡️Russia failed to deliver an initial blow, most counterattacks failed, according to RU sources. who describe it as 'hard'.""

Ukraine's ISR and the speed of their fires is really impressive in this advance. They seem to be able to locate Russian units moving towards them and attack with drones and missiles at range, before the counter attacks can reach their forces. 

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I'm still waiting to see what the actual plan is. I still feel that all this is just a diversion and part of a much bigger plan.

someone else in my feed has suggested that RP..

he mentions some Brigades that have been held back or out of rotation might be moving under large Jammjng systems somewhere.

another front to add to the one we’ve seen perhaps …

or something swift through Crimea?

Personally , I think the pressure should be towards Moscow ..

but I’m no “master planner” 🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Ukraine's ISR and the speed of their fires is really impressive in this advance. They seem to be able to locate Russian units moving towards them and attack with drones and missiles at range, before the counter attacks can reach their forces. 

I wonder how robust the 5th column is. Oblast citizens who don't like putin? Last month I was seeing images of a random house in this region of Russia that had painted a giant Ukrainian flag on their roof! 

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

someone else in my feed has suggested that RP..

he mentions some Brigades that have been held back or out of rotation might be moving under large Jammjng systems somewhere.

another front to add to the one we’ve seen perhaps …

or something swift through Crimea?

Personally , I think the pressure should be towards Moscow ..

but I’m no “master planner” 🙂 

CRIMEAN RAID BY SEA FAILED IN THE LAST HOURS. HEAVY UKRAINIAN LOSSES.

Whoops sorry caps lock.

I think there is another "spear" of Ukrainian forces building east of the kursk infil, but west of Russia infil into kharkiv region.

The next day might be interesting 🤔 in another Russian oblast.

• Thanks 1

Also makes me wonder if more allies are coming “on line” and bolstering the positive success of UKRS advance.

I could see silent / unseen Countries taking advantage of this massive air space across the border .

17 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Some talk of the US/UK providing real time intel on advancing russian units to assist in the push.

More talk of Ukranian forces already making moves moves towards the rear of russian lines through Belgorod in to the rear of Kharkiv and Severodonetsk.  Attempting to close off and mine supply routes while also creating attacks from the rear and fully pincer the standing russian forces which are estimated to number in the tens of thousands

True or not, Ukraine is currently doing what needs to be done and for once the Russian people have absolutely no answer to the armed response Ukraine has provided and introduced on russian soil

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Same. It is substantial and working well but I don't see enough resources committed for this to have been the core thrust, a lucky strike though. The Mathmatician of Kyev looks like a good appointment to lead the armed forces. He is getting results