The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Same. It is substantial and working well but I don't see enough resources committed for this to have been the core thrust, a lucky strike though. The Mathmatician of Kyev looks like a good appointment to lead the armed forces. He is getting results  

I'm really curious about that statement by Budanov from yesterday that "it's easier to recapture Crimea than Donbass"...

• ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

CRIMEAN RAID BY SEA FAILED IN THE LAST HOURS. HEAVY UKRAINIAN LOSSES.

Where did you see this? None of my channels report any of it. I saw last night small raid by the Ukrainian military intelligence special forces to the Kinburn peninsula, but that seemed to be successful, with attacks on a few russian outposts and raising Ukrainian flag in one area. They all seemed to have returned unharmed.

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

Where did you see this? None of my channels report any of it. I saw last night small raid by the Ukrainian military intelligence special forces to the Kinburn peninsula, but that seemed to be successful, with attacks on a few russian outposts and raising Ukrainian flag in one area. They all seemed to have returned unharmed.

I also echo this, I did hear word of an attack in or around Crimea but it was in fact Russian forces recently attacked in the last 20 hours.

Will look for more info

5 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Would this be it?

image.thumb.png.5051ac6f1a09b6d0a4e2cca7738323d3.png

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Uppance !!

Damn,   If Biden and Dems can help to take out Putin in this term ..

will be powerful for Dems in the US

The Pentagon announced that US will provide Ukraine with a new package worth $125 million.

The capabilities in this announcement include:

Stinger missiles;

Ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);

155mm and 105mm artillery ammunition;

Multi-mission radars;

Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided (TOW) missiles;

Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;

High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) ambulances;

Small arms ammunition;

Demolitions equipment and munitions;

Equipment to protect critical national infrastructure; and

Spare parts, ancillary equipment, services, training, and transportation. 

“The United States will continue to work together with some 50 Allies and partners to ensure Ukraine's brave defenders receive the critical capabilities needed to fight Russian aggression,” the statement said.

• Thanks 1

Some of the vet feeds I get are suggesting 40,000 ..

but those estimates might include what brigades are missing or hidden.

Up to 10 thousand Ukrainian military may be involved in the operation in Kursk region - Forbes

"It is becoming clearer by the hour that what is happening in Kursk is not a raid, it is really an invasion," writes the American Forbes. Journalists note that this operation is very different from previous raids into Russian territory. 

It involves at least three brigades, each with up to 2,000 troops.

https://x.com/nexta_tv/status/1821858553583358074?s=46&t=pF6l3-VgKhn_UCNkMz2HVw

This means they were “green lit” on the arrival of F16 support ..

SLAVA UKRANI !!

Pentagon spokesperson Sabrina Singh on the situation in the Kursk region:

Journalist: "Don't you consider Ukraine's operation in the Kursk region an escalation?"

Singh: "No, we are not concerned about possible escalation or nuclear threats from Russia. Ukraine is defending its sovereignty. As we have already said, Putin can stop the war, he can give the order to withdraw troops.

Ukraine just continues to do everything possible to get its lands back , and this is what we are seeing in the Kursk region now. We support and will support Ukraine with all the necessary weapons."

#OSINT #UkraineWar #BreakingNews #BreakingNow #Ukraine #Russia

Repost appreciated!

38 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I'm really curious about that statement by Budanov from yesterday that "it's easier to recapture Crimea than Donbass"...

The entire donbass is an anthill of Russian forces, Crimea without Kerch bridge would be dumb for Russia to spend resources on at that point, almost zero defensive installations in Crimea, reliant upon Sam sites for defence that Ikraine seems to b able to eliminate at will. Major north south defensive line is east of crimean neck to the mainland, is what I think he is referring to.

35 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Probably same event, my source won't copy over but is time stamped 3 hours 23 minutes ago.

Hopefully Ukraine doesn't try for Kursk in the weeks ahead. I do hope they lighting strike their way to the E38 highway, running east west but south of Kursk, and use that natural defensive line on the north side of the hwy to dig in deep while then cutting southeast to relieve Kharkiv.

Man I am hopeful for this.

• Like 1