The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

This is a Liberation and Capitulation in progress .  Rarely any resistance.

Will they Surround Moscow I wonder?

Talk to Lukoschenko  and ask him to step aside ,  there are Freedom fighters from Belarus that could start the discussion.

This movement is Swift .

• Vintage 1

Perfect !  Every reason to continue .

a surrender will not yield the events that need to happen.

An occupation is needed to dig deeper for the wrongful and capture all involved.

it will take a few more years.… but personally I think the occupation of Democratic Values must stay inside RuZ.

Edited by SilentSam

Has the AFU opened a new area of the DPRK front?

Two Majors reports they have communicated with "comrades" in the area and confirmed that an AFU Brigade has entered the #Belovsky District of the #Kursk, DPR, and have moved at least 24-km east into Russia. If true, this places them on the outskirts of the town of #Belaya. 

#OSINT #UkraineWar #BreakingNews #BreakingNow #Ukraine #Russia

Repost appreciated!

If the AFU entered the #Belovsky District of #Kusrk, it is possible they did so through the town of #Kucherov in the DPRK. This would give them access to a fairly well maintained Russian road (GLOC) heading northeastward towards #Giri and #Belitsa which would close the gauntlet with the AFU grouping in #Plekhovo.

Just my opinion:

This should stretch RuZ out .. 

UKR Air Defences should be able to stop this  migration of RuZ troops from South to North at any point they wish …

again , Convoys they will be sitting ducks, and those same routes used for supplies will be no more..

But letting them move out of the Southern Area  is a win in itself .

From the post:

Russia is transferring the following units from occupied Ukraine to defend the Kursk region in Russia.

Kherson - 2 paratrooper battalions

Zaporizhia - 38th & 64th Detached Motorized Rifle Brigades

Kupyansk - several battalions from a Motorized Rifle Regiment

Kharkiv - several battalions from 1009th, 79th, 272nd Motorized Rifle Regiments and from 138th Detached Motorized Rifle Brigade

Pokrovske - 810th Detached Motorized Rifle Brigade and several battalions of assault infantry

Luhansk - details unknown

Ukrainians have been able to leverage the situation and strike the now overextended forces in occupied Kupyansk as a result.

Russia is also transferring a Motorized Rifle Regiment and a company from a Motorized Rifle Brigade from Belgorod to Kursk.

Russians are actively bombing Ukrainian soldiers in Sumy across the border in Ukraine and in Russia's Kursk region. Around 50% of all Russian bombing missions across the front have been redirected there. If Ukraine is to succeed, control of the air space is critical.

Information according to Ukrainian telegram channel Nikolaevsky Vanek.

just my opinion,.  But it looks like Putin is leaving Crimea and Southern regions to save his worthless life.

• ThereItIs 1

This is a fairly long weekend read that I think is a pretty good analysis on the Kursk incursion. 

Doing the least obvious thing’: Ukraine embarrasses Putin with surprise assault on southern Russia 

Vladimir Putin fixed the commander in chief of Russia’s military, General Valery Gerasimov, with a cold stare and a look of exasperation. The video, released Wednesday by the Kremlin, showed the Russian president was not happy with news from the southern region of Kursk.

At that moment, hundreds of Ukrainian troops, backed by tanks and protected by air defenses, were advancing into the region. Russian soldiers were surrendering; hundreds of Russian civilians in and around the town of Sudzha were fleeing with anything they could grab.

In two-and-a-half years of warfare, it was an unprecedented Ukrainian incursion into Russia. Putin told the Kremlin meeting that it was “another major provocation” by Kyiv. The region’s acting governor declared a state of emergency, describing the situation as “very difficult.”

Above all, it was humiliating for a Russian state that prides itself on protecting the motherland.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/10/europe/ukraine-putin-embarrasses-surprise-assault-analysis-intl/index.html

• Cheers 2

^somebody gonna get hurled from a window real bad!

So, this is just a tiny spattering of news, but yesterday Ukraine troops were in Bolgorod Oblast at the border...and today, an hour ago more or less, Russian bloggers are reporting clashes well north of that village! Blue scribble is mine. 

image.jpeg.b7765fcbf748dffb7e0a27f414073f0d.jpeg

edit: i should say, the reason I think it is the group from village 1 in Bolgorod at the border is because the road between The main incurssion into Russia and the fighting at '2' is heavily mined and impassable according to notes that Ukraine mined that area heavily using aerial bombardment special weapons that disperse mines. Ergo, to me, that small 'lightning strike' group is most likely the ones from 1 that are now at 2. I have done the two by 20km march with full battle order, an 80 pound ruck, webing, rifle, helmet and the like. The Ukraine Special Forces could barely do that distance on foot, but easily with vehicles.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

It is 1:30am in Kursk, do you know where your car alarm is? 

Kursk is seemingly taking a pounding right now, but I don't know that it is Ukraine doing it or if it is Active Russian Air Defense not caring where their 'miss' lands. Terrible civilian problems though for Russia. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Good morning!

seems everything is tracked to staging points and eliminated almost immediately.

No rest for the Wicked,  and nowhere to hide.

it’s becoming almost Carnival-like targeting.

“Step right up”  !

According to Russian Gerasimov; Kursk was attacked by 1000 Ukrainians. 965 were eliminated.  The other day I watched him report to Ptotatoehead they eliminated all 57 armoured vehicles.

With apologies to @Sharpshooter & @RomanPer an ex Deputy Defense Minister, which makes the announcement not an official Ukrainian statement, suggested;

sub text Kursk had been liberated and would support referendums on an autonomous Kursk region independent of Putler.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Would think once the boots make ground,  

cover and defences will bring in the engineers to repair that bridge , or use what exists to build a new one beside it.

Last summer, even just before summer? There was at least a several month incursion on the Left Bank / South Bank just West of Antonovski bridge.  In Dachi in that strip along the water south past the Konka river to the road & at one point Oleshky??? I think my memory is correct...

image.thumb.png.bdff56e33d46221e0aaf2343a872277c.png

Are Ukrainians still there, have been there ongoing?  Anyone know?

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Last summer, even just before summer? There was at least a several month incursion on the Left Bank / South Bank just West of Antonovski bridge.  In Dachi in that strip along the water south past the Konka river to the road & at one point Oleshky??? I think my memory is correct...

image.thumb.png.bdff56e33d46221e0aaf2343a872277c.png

Are Ukrainians still there, have been there ongoing?  Anyone know?

i wonder if UKR is taking advantage of RuZ troops moving North ,.  Seems like there was going to be multiple convoys of Artillery and men going to Kursk .

another bone head head move that will probably leave RuZ corpses littering the highway.

There are no true military geniuses in their ranks.    

And by all accounts with Shoigu visit g Iran to secure deliveries of Iranian missiles to RuZ .

They must be depleting soon.

So happy to see Biden let them know they’re watching and informed them that they will lose everything, if anything moves.

12  US battleships watching  Iran with NATO support.

And one of , if not the biggest Aircraft carrier in the World “ Gerald Ford” is slipping into the Mediterranean Sea as we speak .

I’m also GUESSING more than 3 Subs will surface in within the next 10 days.

Biden is going to Leave Democracy, a FORCE.

Democracy must not treat or handle Evil with the same rules and laws we  abide by.

We must play by the same rules they do,.   And there are none.

Terror needs to vaporize.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

OMFG THIS is IT !!

This is what it’s gonna take.

Morale was always low but when the military commanders lose their appetite for war it’s time for them to turn their sites on the president. Get that old Soviet war monger outta here! 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1