The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

16 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lukashenko is just a puppet of Putin's; though I seriously doubt any tanks actually cross the border. Up to Poland to mobilize a large contingent of tanks on Belarus's Western border with Poland. CHECKMATE!

in your scenario the bad guys flip the table, before the checkmate is secured. I don't think this is a good idea.

edit: belarus like chechny is under putins thumb. I think that Luka shouldn't climb higher than the second floor, because all he has done since early 2022 is talk nice to putin and shuffle people around inside his own borders. More likely is once Russia is proven to be a paper tiger, Chechnya, Georgia, Belarus and others like Kazakstan and Transnistria in Moldova stop putting up with russian troops on their soil and eject the dictators forces, forcibly..but that is a long way off for now too. Just my two cents

The Tuva Replublic is already angry with the Russian Federation under Putin, and so is Tatarstan... maybe there is a kindling box inside Russia that just needs the right tinder to set it off?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

in your scenario the bad guys flip the table, before the checkmate is secured. I don't think this is a good idea.

edit: belarus like chechny is under putins thumb. I think that Luka shouldn't climb higher than the second floor, because all he has done since early 2022 is talk nice to putin and shuffle people around inside his own borders. More likely is once Russia is proven to be a paper tiger, Chechnya, Georgia, Belarus and others like Kazakstan and Transnistria in Moldova stop putting up with russian troops on their soil and eject the dictators forces, forcibly..but that is a long way off for now too. Just my two cents

The Tuva Replublic is already angry with the Russian Federation under Putin, and so is Tatarstan... maybe there is a kindling box inside Russia that just needs the right tinder to set it off?

Poland already has beefed up its border, a few more tanks just sends a warning of what might happen if Belarus crosses into Ukraine.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Belarus will not cross any borders. If Lukashenko gives an order to attack Ukraine, half his own army will turn around and go towards Minsk. Just like @Optimist Prime said - he's doing a perfect balancing act with putin, promising a lot but always finding an excuse why he didn't do anything. In addition, Mazyr Oil Refinery is critical to all of Belarus infrastructure. It's within Himars range from the northern parts of Ukraine and Lukashenko has been warned by Ukrainian authorities that it will be the first target if he gets his military involved.

Not sure if I was misunderstood @RomanPer I am sure that it is just posturing from Putin via Lukashenko as well but having Poland move some tanks to the border sends a clear message to Putin of the consequences of crossing that line in the sand so to speak.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sam, I am certainly not defending Russia's right to exist. The line of war criminals will be a long one. 

My point about AFU stopping and consolidating is more a military concern about securing their forces. If Russia is crumbling as badly as many are suggesting then AFU have to take advantage of that.  

I know we’re on the same page , no worries 

Bouds .

I too would be surprised to see this push stay at the level it is..

But they are rotating the fronts,.  And behind them , the support is something unlike anyone has witnessed in A WarTime.

i  “ fabulously “ refer to it as an F1 pit crew ,

but with UKraine ,  it seems fighters in the trenches are getting fully refreshed , or perhaps even put to the back ,  home for a stint and then hopping back in repairing, replacing , and replenishing stock piles .

Nothing like owning your own sawmill , knowing how to operate and fix everything,

including cleaning the floor 😉

UKR has surprised me ..    and perhaps all of us …

I’m happy to continue being surprised ..  this past week has proved to be glorious..

include the US in the Mediterranean supporting Israel,  

and the level of the “silent majority “  rising to support theur own Democracy   In support of the Harris Walz campaign.… let’s not forget Venezuelas fight right now .. and other areas elsewhere.

Freedom has always been a struggle that should never be.

I have hope again that Democracy and a level playing field for civilization is more powerful than kneeling to any King , Queen or Dictator.

Ukraine fight , is a level of inspiration we all can identify with.

“ I don’t need a ride,.  I need bullets”

Never fear Evil.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Belarus will not cross any borders. If Lukashenko gives an order to attack Ukraine, half his own army will turn around and go towards Minsk. Just like @Optimist Prime said - he's doing a perfect balancing act with putin, promising a lot but always finding an excuse why he didn't do anything. In addition, Mazyr Oil Refinery is critical to all of Belarus infrastructure. It's within Himars range from the northern parts of Ukraine and Lukashenko has been warned by Ukrainian authorities that it will be the first target if he gets his military involved.

if Zelensky knocked on Lukos door , and asked him to leave for a farm in UKraine ,.

I think he would leave.

Just wondering if perhaps this is something the Dems and Biden are hoping for ..

the decision to unlock long range and much more should be a BI PARTISAN AGREEMENT ?!

not an executive order from one man, woman , or party.

Lindsey Graham in UKR :

"I will urge Biden to provide Ukraine with all the weapons to win a war that cannot be lost," - Republican Senator Graham in Kyiv.

He called the operation in Kursk "Brave, brilliant and simply beautiful. Kick Putin's ass."

And the US Congress said that private negotiations are already underway with Kyiv on the use of ATACMS on the territory of the Russian Federation 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LMAO

Putin, who has yet to declare war?  Just a SMO Special Military Operation in Ukraine. 

Has declared a STO.  Special Terrorist Operation to counter the Ukrainian 'incursion' in to Kursk & Belgorod...

Pootin is what we flush. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1