The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

JUST IN: Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said that hundreds of Russian servicemen have surrendered to the AFU in Kursk Region

The Ukrainian president said this in his video message on the evening of August 13. According to him, all prisoners of war will receive humane treatment.

"Such treatment they did not have even in their Russian army," - specified Zelenskyy. He noted that the Ukrainian military is replenishing the exchange fund.

29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

the Sig Int guy in me is like careful with that phone and gps... we can do some overnight forensics on them and possibly gain some good juice. 

edit: if it isn't a pots loop phone, "plain old telephone service'' then its a digital phone and that means coding and that means intel.

it looks like it operates on a system similar to nortels meridian switch. a good secret squirrel with 15 minutes of downtime could probably dig up who and where was receiving the phone calls from that landline...but in all liklihood the door kickers borked the comms lines on their way to liberating the op. ngl, sometimes i want to volunteer what i have been trained to do over there in real time. Occasionally i can get some grid references to an aquaintance overseas who relays, but you never know with geolocation if your work leads to anything positive or if it is just a feel good moment in the safe confines of my office. When i retired to the island my buddy retired to his area of speciality in Turkey and married his long time sweetheart there. I haven't heard from him in a while, but he was doing some stuff for Ukraine too. 
If I had bigger kahunas i would venture over there, I really hate dictators. I think I am too old and slow now though and would only be meat eventually, so I prat on about things in a sports chat channel, lol. Time for another bottle of wine.

I can imagine it now....(but really, Slava Ukraine and goodnight folks. I am so glad no one here is making arguments for Russia, the way the Hamas thread is going... 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

the Sig Int guy in me is like careful with that phone and gps... we can do some overnight forensics on them and possibly gain some good juice. 

edit: if it isn't a pots loop phone, "plain old telephone service'' then its a digital phone and that means coding and that means intel.

it looks like it operates on a system similar to nortels meridian switch. a good secret squirrel with 15 minutes of downtime could probably dig up who and where was receiving the phone calls from that landline...but in all liklihood the door kickers borked the comms lines on their way to liberating the op. ngl, sometimes i want to volunteer what i have been trained to do over there in real time. Occasionally i can get some grid references to an aquaintance overseas who relays, but you never know with geolocation if your work leads to anything positive or if it is just a feel good moment in the safe confines of my office. When i retired to the island my buddy retired to his area of speciality in Turkey and married his long time sweetheart there. I haven't heard from him in a while, but he was doing some stuff for Ukraine too. 
If I had bigger kahunas i would venture over there, I really hate dictators. I think I am too old and slow now though and would only be meat eventually, so I prat on about things in a sports chat channel, lol. Time for another bottle of wine.

I can imagine it now....(but really, Slava Ukraine and goodnight folks. I am so glad no one here is making arguments for Russia, the way the Hamas thread is going... 

I always appreciate your input Optimus,

I feel for you monitoring something like Hamas / Palestine.

Palastinians need to understand there own heritage..  and the always raging conflicts within it ..    

seemingly lost in their minds the same way their ancestors were nomadic..

and too proud to recognize they are wrong.

If they would step away from the present and learn more of the past ,  realizing how the Jewish people were peaceful , wanting to build strength and opportunities for everyone after the First World War, trying to help Germany become a strong economic Democracy.

Sharing the wealth of knowledge and the opportunity that comes with it.…

. Only to be falsely targeted / beaten and made to be evil by the Natzi regime, forcing them to slavery , death or a hurried migration to nowhere.

All just to get an “Empire” sized “Rise” out of the German people after losing the 1st World War.

Palestinians might find themselves similarly taken advantage of , and USED by Hamas and other Regimes, using them as shields.

That in itself Genocidal .

Everyone ,  needs to learn how we got to this point in the entire world.

… and how so many keep repeating the same mistakes by listening to lies and rhetoric from a few evil people in the pursuit of power and wealth,  at the expense of our own human-kindness.

Will human kindness ever be what we dream or think it is as children ?

Can we all be so fortunate to be that innocent again?

As a boy I would ride,

My pale horse through the sky.

Seemingly in love and peace,

As a boy I had these dreams.

But now as a man I see,

.. And waken to the reality.

in search  of truths ,

right and wrong .

My warm heart ,

turns to stone.

“Freedom’s”  just a word to take control of me.

“Sam’s” the man you’ve put into my mind.

Guilt ride me with “God” and “Country”.

Shame me in to do a deed not right .

Can’t you see?

Can’t you see?

Hope we all sleep well.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Oh ..  @Optimist Prime,  I came across this today ,

I thought it might do well as a replacement for “The Parrot” ??

if you approve,   Use   Use , Use …

all I ask is one “get out of jail free card” for myself !   😊

EDF8B9BF-7B5C-4EDA-92D5-61030DBBEED6.thumb.jpeg.dfd67008551a7314dda383dd2048a833.jpeg

En Sverige they call him the Norwegian Chef. 

• Cheers 1

Wow!!

Over 117 drones and 4 missiles attacked Russia last night. Local residents reportedly shouted, "Guys, at least shoot down one!" The drones flew too low to be detected by air defense systems, though Russia's Ministry of Defense claimed to have shot some down. The drones targeted the "Borisoglebsk" and "Baltimore" airfields in the Voronezh region, as well as the "Savasleyka" airfield in the Nizhny Novgorod region.

How the UN Security Council  meeting called by RuZ played out;

Russia complained to the UN that Ukraine entered the Kursk region with tanks: the USA put the occupiers in their place

On Tuesday, August 13, the aggressor country Russia convened an informal meeting of the UN Security Council due to the situation in the Kursk region. During it, the representative of the Russian Federation complained about the actions of Ukraine and accused it of escalation.

This was stated by the First Deputy Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the UN Dmytro Polyanskyi. Then he began to criticize and threaten the entire West, which supports Ukraine in its struggle against the occupiers.

In response to this, the representative of the United States of America noted that the Russian invaders are committing atrocities in Ukraine and the world sees it all.

2/
This was stated by Dmytro Polyanskyi, the First Deputy Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the UN. He revealed that Ukraine allegedly rejected Moscow's "generous offer" that came in June.

"Zelenskyi's regime chose escalation and war by attacking the Kursk region. This is a step that Ukraine will later regret," the Russian diplomat threatened.

Then he began to criticize and threaten the entire West, which supports Ukraine in its struggle against the occupiers. Polyansky revealed that in his (civilized world - Ed.) "distorted picture of the world, Ukraine is good, and Russia is bad, despite the real picture."

The fact is that Russia has come to end the war started by Ukraine," he said, echoing the Kremlin's propaganda.

After that, he complained that Ukrainian troops drove tanks into the Kursk region, and called on the West to "stand on the right side", recalling the Second World War.

"You remember how it all ended. And the end will be no less inglorious for the Ukrainian Nazis today. And it is up to you whether you will continue to be on their side and drown together in this dishonor and shame, or in the end you will stand on the right side of history The choice is yours, and don't say later that we didn't warn you," the Russian threatened.

Then he began to criticize and threaten the entire West, which supports Ukraine in its struggle against the occupiers. Polyansky revealed that in his (civilized world - Ed.) "distorted picture of the world, Ukraine is good, and Russia is bad, despite the real picture."

The fact is that Russia has come to end the war started by Ukraine," he said, echoing the Kremlin's propaganda.

After that, he complained that Ukrainian troops drove tanks into the Kursk region, and called on the West to "stand on the right side", recalling the Second World War.

"You remember how it all ended. And the end will be no less inglorious for the Ukrainian Nazis today. And it is up to you whether you will continue to be on their side and drown together in this dishonor and shame, or in the end you will stand on the right side of history The choice is yours, and don't say later that we didn't warn you," the Russian threatened.

4/
The representative of the United States of America responded to his speech. He noted that the Russian occupiers are committing atrocities in Ukraine and the world sees it all.

"You will bear responsibility for this, history will judge everyone. Russia is trying to blacken Ukraine, we all know the truth," the US representative at the UN emphasized.

He added that the Kremlin should stop the war against Ukraine and stop using the Security Council to hide the truth

5/
Head of diplomacy of the European Union, Josep Borrell, expressed his full support for the Ukrainian operation in the Kursk region . According to him, the Kursk offensive demonstrates the strength and determination of the Ukrainian military.

6/
And the Prime Minister of Poland, Donald Tusk, said that the offensive in the Kursk region, which is being carried out by Ukraine, is a defensive action . The behavior of the Russian invaders in Ukraine has all the signs of genocide. Therefore, Ukraine has every right to "effectively paralyze Russia" on its territory.

This is how Tusk answered the question whether Poland, as a member of NATO, is concerned that the weapons sent to Ukraine for defense are being used on the territory of Russia for offensive purposes. According to him , "we have to be very careful with such wording", i.e. we are talking about defense, not attack.

"Ukraine's actions are defensive. What Russian troops and Russian aviation are doing to the territory of Ukraine bears all the signs of genocide and inhumane crimes. Ukraine has every right to wage war in order to paralyze Russia in its aggressive intentions as effectively as possible," he said.

Tusk said that he was not surprised by "such a non-standard and, for some, unexpected change in the situation at the front", at the same time he assured that the offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Kursk region, at least, was not discussed with him by the Ukrainian side. However, Poland's position regarding the war in Ukraine has not changed, even in view of recent events 

7/
Of course, there is no question of consultations, so that someone in Kyiv would agree with me on which day and where to whom to move. However, we support Ukraine in the war, which is a defensive war," he said.

Moreover, the offensive of Ukraine is in favor of Poland and Europe, the politician assured.

"The biggest risk is that Ukraine will lose the war and Russia will win. This is a risk that will directly affect Poland and, I believe, all of Europe. Therefore, any actions by Ukraine that prevent this scenario are also actions for our security," Tusk emphasized.

At the same time, he assured that the conditions of certain partners of Ukraine not to use their weapons for strikes deep into the aggressor country are fulfilled.

8/8
Ukraine knows very well which weapons received from Western allies are intended for which activities. I do not have an impression, but rest assured that there is no abuse of trust - our Polish, American, European - on the part of Ukraine," the Polish Prime Minister said .

Meanwhile, the ISW stated that, despite Russian statements, the Armed Forces continue to advance in the Kursk region.
war.obozrevatel.com/ukr/isw-ne-zva…

• Desmenko 1

They’re JAMMED !! Lol

I wonder if long range has been given to exclusively his OPEN MILITARY SITES,

clear of civilians and civilian infrastructure?

It’s almost 1500 hrs presently in Moscow.

It’s almost 0500 hrs PSDT.  ( here)