The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

makes no fucking sense..   another reason they shouldn’t see any mercy   

Rusich is the Neo Nazi Russian paramilitary group. That sledgehammered to death prisoners.

Did a famous slaughter of trapped Ukrainian soldiers back in 2014?

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Chop chop

I am surprised as I thought this line was already constructed.

The AFU have been systematically destroying Russian infrastructure. We should not be surprised to see a tipping point where the Russian ability to continue fighting simply evaporates. One thing for conscripts not being an effective fighting force but these people are being dragged from a society that is visibly imploding already. How long can Putin talk nonsense and have anyone in the Kremlin or even his inner circle believe him. We have to suspect that a coup is being actively planned.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I am surprised as I thought this line was already constructed.

The AFU have been systematically destroying Russian infrastructure. We should not be surprised to see a tipping point where the Russian ability to continue fighting simply evaporates. One thing for conscripts not being an effective fighting force but these people are being dragged from a society that is visibly imploding already. How long can Putin talk nonsense and have anyone in the Kremlin or even his inner circle believe him. We have to suspect that a coup is being actively planned.  

I totally agree with your assessment "....a society that is visibly imploding already....". Even pre-war I watched a lot of Russian, i guess, 'tape' in hockey parlance, and Burt Kreischer's "The Machine" was a little over the top but kind of sums up the upper middle class of Russia: drunk gangsters. (if you have not seen it, catch the flick  it is amazing: based off a comedy routine of his which is based off his real life high school trip to Russia). The society behind the image, the overwhelming majority of Russia lives in poverty with a nation wide alcohol problem, overwhelming vibes of like the Ozarks in america and barely scrape by day to day..the city centers like St Petersburgh and Moscow are the thin veneer we see as westerners, that highlight what little opulence Russia has. The war on Ukraine was as much about Putins dynastic vision as it was about distracting his vast populace from his failed home front policies. Progozin proved that any possible viable alternative may not see much resistance on its march to Putins door. Vlad the Invader however has the real 'machine' at his beck and call. He has turned Russia into an extension of the FSB, everyone spies on everyone else and will turn their moms in if it advances their standing in the state. Seems the routine rise and fall of anyone in Russia is loosely based on the Yodeling Mountaineer game on The Price Is Right... you can climb to the top, but just know you are going over the edge of a long drop when you get there. 

Just a morning rant, coffee is nice, but Russia is terrible if you are not an 'oligarch' and even if you are, tomorrow you could meet your 10th story window if you look at Vlad the wrong way, or a rival for that matter. 

Editing in my last thought on the whole of Russia: Is it better the Vlad we know with the launch codes, or do we take our chances with a failed state Russia with nukes spread around the largest country in the world? At this point, I am rethinking my position that Putin is better than chaos, but have yet to reach a conclusion. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I totally agree with your assessment "....a society that is visibly imploding already....". Even pre-war I watched a lot of Russian, i guess, 'tape' in hockey parlance, and Burt Kreischer's "The Machine" was a little over the top but kind of sums up the upper middle class of Russia: drunk gangsters. (if you have not seen it, catch the flick  it is amazing: based off a comedy routine of his which is based off his real life high school trip to Russia). The society behind the image, the overwhelming majority of Russia lives in poverty with a nation wide alcohol problem, overwhelming vibes of like the Ozarks in america and barely scrape by day to day..the city centers like St Petersburgh and Moscow are the thin veneer we see as westerners, that highlight what little opulence Russia has. The war on Ukraine was as much about Putins dynastic vision as it was about distracting his vast populace from his failed home front policies. Progozin proved that any possible viable alternative may not see much resistance on its march to Putins door. Vlad the Invader however has the real 'machine' at his beck and call. He has turned Russia into an extension of the FSB, everyone spies on everyone else and will turn their moms in if it advances their standing in the state. Seems the routine rise and fall of anyone in Russia is loosely based on the Yodeling Mountaineer game on The Price Is Right... you can climb to the top, but just know you are going over the edge of a long drop when you get there. 

Just a morning rant, coffee is nice, but Russia is terrible if you are not an 'oligarch' and even if you are, tomorrow you could meet your 10th story window if you look at Vlad the wrong way, or a rival for that matter. 

Editing in my last thought on the whole of Russia: Is it better the Vlad we know with the launch codes, or do we take our chances with a failed state Russia with nukes spread around the largest country in the world? At this point, I am rethinking my position that Putin is better than chaos, but have yet to reach a conclusion. 

It might be more important what Xi wants, which is likely stability. Putin has happily set up Russia to be in service to China for a long time, maybe China is the entity that creates the stability post pooty? 

Have to hope pooty reigned in some of those nukes in the former 'stans tho.

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It might be more important what Xi wants, which is likely stability. Putin has happily set up Russia to be in service to China for a long time, maybe China is the entity that creates the stability post pooty? 

Have to hope pooty reigned in some of those nukes in the former 'stans tho.

Yup, Asscrackistan with nukes would suck. (any random stan you want to mention, haha) In my ops room in Ottawa we had all the timezone clocks ringing the room with the name of the Biggest Capital attached to the time zone... and a certain region was simply labelled "Asscrackistan" time zone.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Yup, Asscrackistan with nukes would suck. (any random stan you want to mention, haha) In my ops room in Ottawa we had all the timezone clocks ringing the room with the name of the Biggest Capital attached to the time zone... and a certain region was simply labelled "Asscrackistan" time zone.

Is there any idea what has happened to the nuke capabilities in these areas? Or is it all black box? 

Dont know this dude and it seems he's a bit shady.

Wonder what Rus wants him for though and if it will be a big thing...

High-profile Canadian-Israeli influencer detained in Russia: reports

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/high-profile-canadian-israeli-influencer-detained-in-russia-reports-1.7007715

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Dont know this dude and it seems he's a bit shady.

Wonder what Rus wants him for though and if it will be a big thing...

High-profile Canadian-Israeli influencer detained in Russia: reports

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/high-profile-canadian-israeli-influencer-detained-in-russia-reports-1.7007715

How stupid do you have to be to go to Russia right now? 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1