The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Eddie sure seems quiet these days when he's not fellating the Poutine regime.

Last I heard this traitor Snowden was negotiating with the US on how many decades in jail he would have to serve to get the fuck out of Russia. 
I am kind of surprised he hasn't been voluntold to join the meat waves in Donetsk yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Last I heard this traitor Snowden was negotiating with the US on how many decades in jail he would have to serve to get the fuck out of Russia. 
I am kind of surprised he hasn't been voluntold to join the meat waves in Donetsk yet. 

I don't understand why some folks idolize this guy, or think he has a meaningful opinion on so many topics. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't understand why some folks idolize this guy, or think he has a meaningful opinion on so many topics. 

Regardless of what you think of him he does raise a valid concern.

The amount of interference by governments and billionaires with communication platforms should definitely be alarming to people.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The amount of interference by governments and billionaires with communication platforms should definitely be alarming to people.

I don't trust a word he says. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's on the Telegram payroll. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

depends on the type of interference by governments. the government should be interfering with some things, billionaires however should not be.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I like that the 'government', not ours so just 'a government' is interfering in the uncompromising CEO of a platform proven to be used to launder money, provide information (or intel if you want to use that term) that is encrypted from the west seeing it, aiding our enemies in a time of war, and even human trafficking. I am glad there is interference there, and the justice process will likely have positive results on all those things, and better outcomes. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't trust a word he says. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's on the Telegram payroll. 

He is a smart guy, no doubt, but a complete failure of a human being. He put a LOT of lives at risk for personal fame and profit, he already regrets being exiled to Russia who only tolerate him because of the black eye he gave western intel megaliths. He was complaining that the FSB follows him even to go pick up bread and milk. Even Putin doesn't trust the turncoat, and with good reason. Anyone willing to sell out their country, expose good people to potential violence and attempt to profit from doing so really makes a good case for the continuation of firing squads, IMO. But having said that, he is no doubt intelligent as his former position required somewhere above the 95TH percentile to even access. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

He is a smart guy, no doubt, but a complete failure of a human being. He put a LOT of lives at risk for personal fame and profit, he already regrets being exiled to Russia who only tolerate him because of the black eye he gave western intel megaliths. He was complaining that the FSB follows him even to go pick up bread and milk. Even Putin doesn't trust the turncoat, and with good reason. Anyone willing to sell out their country, expose good people to potential violence and attempt to profit from doing so really makes a good case for the continuation of firing squads, IMO. But having said that, he is no doubt intelligent as his former position required somewhere above the 95TH percentile to even access. 

that makes me question the accuracy of the testing. 

5 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

I don't really think there is a doubt that he was excellent in the specific cyber-security field in trained in. We see this happen a lot imo. Someone who is near the top of a very specific field gets some fame and noteriety then tries to give their opinion as if they were an expert in every field (Musk is another example). 

I'm pretty comfortable ignoring his free speach takes when he like to carry water for a regime that has 15 years prison terms for saying invading Ukraine was wrong.

I always wonder how close we came to another 911 because of him, if we missed some intelligence that would have been key to stopping an attack. 

IMO, there are just things that the average grocery clerk doesn't need to know about how the sausage is made at a Federal and International level. We will never achieve agreement on how things are done and end goals of a nation in any particular avenue, and some are incredibly contentious, see the protests against Israel for responding to being attacked on Oct 7th by the Government of Gaza as my most immediate example. People train and work hard to have a well rounded understanding of 'reason d'etre' for how and why our government does certain things, and those people are entrusted with clearances. Mine took over 18 months of investigation before I was cleared to receive it. My sisters neighbour was interviewed for example because I lived with her for 7 months half a decade before applying for the clearance. One person deciding what information that is incredibly sensitive and classifed to those with the clearance; that one guy making a judgement call for thousands and thousands of bits of data to be given away to the world at large is a total and complete failure of Snowden, morally, ethically, and in every way makes him a terrible human being. He put his own fame and wealth ( or tried to) ahead of his country, their allies, their partners, and hundreds of individuals lives.  I am against the death penalty in general, always have been, but that one guy made me really rethink my position at the time. Hopefully he comes back to North America and faces a lifetime in Jail for what he did. For all the 'freedom of information' bs he was trying to use as cover, what did anyone reading his exploited info actually gain: i mean the grocery clerks of the land... nothing. It was gossip for a day or two and the overwhelming number of folks today couldn't probably cite on thing he released that was supposedly 'world changing'. I get that there are things that once learned cannot be unlearned and yes they can be unsettling. In my case I could never rationalize turning over prisoners to partners we knew would torture them. It haunts me. Would I have 'outed' my country over it? No. The larger picture doesn't include my tastes, nor should it or we would all be saying 'Do svidaniya' by now. 
Anyways, rant over.  Thanks for listening.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

so should lies , deception , and platforms that inspire or influence destabilization and terrorism.

truth matters .

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is that not Twitter now too?

Musk is accentric as hell but even he turned over the relevant controls of star link to us officials in regards to the Russia/Ukraine conflict. When he was asked/told to do something or face consequences he did it. That is the difference, the Telegram TechPunk told authorities to pound salt and basically is now seeing the FAFO fall out from that.

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Musk is accentric as hell but even he turned over the relevant controls of star link to us officials in regards to the Russia/Ukraine conflict. When he was asked/told to do something or face consequences he did it. That is the difference, the Telegram TechPunk told authorities to pound salt and basically is now seeing the FAFO fall out from that.

I thought they were fighting communism?

Isn’t governments taking over private enterprises a slippery slope towards communism?