The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

25 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

They are at risk regardless

Ok, so I agree that Russians should do more.  I wish they would.  I don't think you are thinking it through.

Currently, their lives are at some - though very slight -  risk of harm from drones and missiles.   Protesting brings assured harm and your voice is not heard once you reach the gulag.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You are correct, but I think it's human nature for most people to have to wait for a few brave folks to lead the way. I don't believe that most people in any country have that kind of fearless leadership within them.

We need to keep demonstrating to Russian people how wrong Putin was, at some point enough people will begin to protest but I'm not going to sit here and arm chair pretend like it would be easy.

For Russia, you could say that some already are leading the way in the Russian Legion (cant remember the correct name) fighting on Ukraines side. There also may be some already doing sabotage in Russia with all the fires that have been popping up the past couple years. But with my post above what im trying to say is, people who dont have the courage to stand up or speak out or take action (doesnt have to even be openly like protesting) dont have any ground to stand on to complain when the war comes to their homes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dunno, you make it sound like an easy thing to do, maybe you need to go there and show them how it's done.

Would you stand up and defend your family if you needed to? 
Are you scared to stand up for what’s right in your community and country?   

If your neighbors apartment building just got blown up by a drone, are you worried about going to jail?  

Or are you worried about saving your families life?    

Im thankful everyday I get to live in this country and not have to deal with Putin.  
BUT

If he comes knocking, you best bet I’ll be shooting 

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Ok, so I agree that Russians should do more.  I wish they would.  I don't think you are thinking it through.

Currently, their lives are at some - though very slight -  risk of harm from drones and missiles.   Protesting brings assured harm and your voice is not heard once you reach the gulag.

Sure.  Tell that to the folks who just had their home blown up.  
“Don’t worry everyone.  Just bend over.  Putin has our back”.   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

For Russia, you could say that some already are leading the way in the Russian Legion (cant remember the correct name) fighting on Ukraines side. There also may be some already doing sabotage in Russia with all the fires that have been popping up the past couple years. But with my post above what im trying to say is, people who dont have the courage to stand up or speak out or take action (doesnt have to even be openly like protesting) dont have any ground to stand on to complain when the war comes to their homes.

Sure, that's true if you support a war and it bleeds over to your doorstep, that's partly on you.

I just don't think individuals have as much agency to act until the really brave ones lead the way.

You are correct, but I think it's human nature for most people to have to wait for a few brave folks to lead the way. I don't believe that most people in any country have that kind of fearless leadership within them.

You clearly do not have any kind of fearless leadership, so your statement isn’t wrong, but luckily a lot of folks do to help keep the cowards safe.  

We need to keep demonstrating to Russian people how wrong Putin was, at some point enough people will begin to protest but I'm not going to sit here and arm chair pretend like it would be easy.

So you agree with what I was saying , you just feel the need to argue against it.  Hahah

why did I unblock you again?   
My bad I guess

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

Sure.  Tell that to the folks who just had their home blown up.  
“Don’t worry everyone.  Just bend over.  Putin has our back”.   

As mentioned, I don't think you are thinking it through.   Very easy to sit behind a Canadian keyboard and call Russians to arms.  That costs nothing, brings you no harm, and sounds cool (to some).

You clearly do not have any kind of fearless leadership, so your statement isn’t wrong, but luckily a lot of folks do to help keep the cowards safe.  

Ok keyboard warrior.

So you agree with what I was saying , you just feel the need to argue against it.  Hahah

why did I unblock you again?   
My bad I guess

19 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

As mentioned, I don't think you are thinking it through.   Very easy to sit behind a Canadian keyboard and call Russians to arms.  That costs nothing, brings you no harm, and sounds cool (to some).

No shit.  It’s quite easy over here.  
It’s rad and I’m grateful.  
I never said it was an easy thing to do.  
I believe an uprising at this point is the right thing to do.

Some folks are willing to do what needs to be done, some aren’t 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Would you stand up and defend your family if you needed to? 
Are you scared to stand up for what’s right in your community and country?   

If your neighbors apartment building just got blown up by a drone, are you worried about going to jail?  

Or are you worried about saving your families life?    

Im thankful everyday I get to live in this country and not have to deal with Putin.  
BUT

If he comes knocking, you best bet I’ll be shooting 

There appears to be some form of a resistance movement inside Russia. Polling stations vandalized, arsen and even a few unexplained explosions. There were demonstrations against the Ukraine invasion but those were put down. But it appears that the majority of Russians support Putin. Gun control inside Russia must be lax so ordinary Russians should be able to get weapons they can fight with. 

It will be a hard winter in Ukraine and IMO the Russian people should sffer to the same scale. I suspect their plumbing will freeze but then the majority don't have indoor plumbing. Some of us remember those days. It wasn't pleasant. 

• Like 1

Brain washing.

Some people will bitch and moan about how our western schools are 'indoctrinating' children and moan about the future being doomed.

Some, of those same people will complain that Russian people aren't doing enough to combat Putin.

Like they completely forget that  most Russian kids have either grown up under communist rule, or Putin's.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Brain washing.

Some people will bitch and moan about how our western schools are 'indoctrinating' children and moan about the future being doomed.

Some, of those same people will complain that Russian people aren't doing enough to combat Putin.

Like they completely forget that  most Russian kids have either grown up under communist rule, or Putin's.

I'm willing to bet there's a lot of Astro-turfed, inorganic funding behind all those right wing talking points about parents rights and indoctrination 

• Upvote 1

Netherlands 🇳🇱 Greenlights Kyiv to Hit Russia The Dutch Defense Minister Ruben Brekelmans said that Ukraine can strike anywhere in Russia using weapons provided by his country, according to a Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung report. Brekelmans said as far as his government was concerned Ukraine can use any Dutch provided weapons for self-defense in accordance with international law. “Ukraine has the right to self-defense. If the country is attacked from border areas or Russian airfields, it can target [those] military objects,” Brekelmans said, adding that this also applies to enemy missiles, which can be intercepted by Dutch weapons over Russia.QYMvuwHHqsrhx5l8aBY9XaA_lXudoqUtDnGo3I7KUHbe7-tFluhJJcAZ-uEXdx7UaQX_7tDryGoygJ8=s720-rw-nd-v1

• Tank 1
  • Upvote 2