The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Denmark 🇩🇰 to Deliver More F-16 Fighters ✈️ to Ukraine by End of Year By the end of the year, Ukraine will receive an additional batch of Danish F-16 fighter jets, Danish Defense Minister Troels Lund Poulsen announced following his visit to Ukraine, as reported by the Ritzau news agency. Poulsen had previously confirmed that Ukraine received its first batch of F-16s in early August, although the exact number was not disclosed. Denmark has committed to delivering a total of 19 F-16s.3zKWacItcrLt_avMLsiWKq6sg_2BIbOEnolzIIHsutevXhJSs6nn4Q_nHfIFvCxUuJ5gSn5AcneQIQ=s800-rw-nd-v1

I could have posted this anywhere; I am sure there is an assassination two thread?

Its terribly sad this can be said in public by someone like Musk. 

Instead of ''me too''; I am next? Putin, and Trump, and Orban & Musk are impervious & I could be a victim to their thirsts.  

Does not matter if you are Trump. An elementary school student somewhere in Florida. Or a Ukrainian family. This statement below is provocative to me.  

image.thumb.png.52a2009d6b2b9e652f6a86e6b2136da7.png

Ukraine is set to receive the first batch of Panzerhaubitze 2000 self-propelled guns from Germany 🇩🇪 within the next two months The delivery includes 12 howitzers, which Germany identified in early September as part of a defense aid package for Ukraine. "I think six of them will be delivered in the next eight weeks," said German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius. He highlighted the critical role of artillery in modern warfare, noting that ground troops are unlikely to operate effectively without it.MXwjdNHZ1Tkeq2NmKhpy-PJ7BlI73NyDXmBC0NAKir9V1sXqIZJtQYs7s3f6HXrRDovbdVlMN4koMtM=s800-rw-nd-v1

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

And Musk is the only reason I'm not getting a Tesla. Not giving my money to this a...hole, no matter how much my wife likes the car...

First Tesla I saw was their original roadster- a beautiful car

OIP.jpg.ced4b8451848c6fc64875f8308d63fe8.jpg

The one I saw was yellow, and looked fantastic.

To bad the guy turned into/always was, a nutbar.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RomanPer said:

And Musk is the only reason I'm not getting a Tesla. Not giving my money to this a...hole, no matter how much my wife likes the car...

Roman; I had to laugh at the sheer stupidity of what I saw in Banff National Park yesterday. There were a half dozen charging stations at the Cave & Basin parking area. This is in Alberta where the primary source for power generation is either Coal or Natural Gas. So basically they are charging their so called environmentally friendly cars with Coal or Natural Gas. Maybe here in BC it might actually make sense as most of our sources of electricity come from hydro power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Another video ..   

the magnitude of this is incredible!

B00F3C09-4FEF-4140-B914-60B650FD716A.thumb.jpeg.bec6319dbee71b24bdc4d93da576b835.jpeg

that is actually insane to see.  thats' more than half a dozen visible blazes at a distance of what appears ot be 12-15kms or more.  If so we're talking hundreds of tonnes of munitions and equipment.  From the initial blaze and explosion the subsequent burning.

This could easily be the biggest of this conflict or of any in the last few decades even stretching back past the first desert storm event.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I have not liked Musk since an event, what 8 years ago?  A hero diver, one of four, who risked his life to save thirty of forty kids stuck in a suddenly underwater cave during a flood.  One of the divers died, all the kids and a teacher were rescued. They were in the cave for 2 or 3 weeks?  

Musk called the guy a paedophile all over social media & the news, partly because a rescue offer using some of his patented technology was rejected. 

edit link to story Elon Musk says he only meant to call Thai cave rescue diver a 'creepy old man' in 'pedo guy' tweet

It was 12 kids and 2018, but no different to intent. I would not have bought a Tesla ever when I heard this.  These days he is getting as slippery as Trump.

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I almost posted the long version of this the other day.  Lots of reports, see ex NATO / US general Ben Hodges, are slipping in suggestions the noose is tightening.  

Unfortunately; I hold the opinion Oligarch's deposing or killing Putin won't do enough.  Except give Putin what he deserves...

11 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Roman; I had to laugh at the sheer stupidity of what I saw in Banff National Park yesterday. There were a half dozen charging stations at the Cave & Basin parking area. This is in Alberta where the primary source for power generation is either Coal or Natural Gas. So basically they are charging their so called environmentally friendly cars with Coal or Natural Gas. Maybe here in BC it might actually make sense as most of our sources of electricity come from hydro power.

I believe Alberta has no coal fired electrical generation on their grid anymore. 

29 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I believe Alberta has no coal fired electrical generation on their grid anymore. 

Possibly but what did they replace it with... Natural Gas. Maybe they might be able to purchase power from the Site C dam once it is fully up and running.

The notion that they are environmentally friendly is BS. The spent batteries are anything but

39 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Possibly but what did they replace it with... Natural Gas. Maybe they might be able to purchase power from the Site C dam once it is fully up and running.

The notion that they are environmentally friendly is BS. The spent batteries are anything but

I have an Electric ( Not a Tesla ) but I don't drive it because its " Green " I drive it because I can charge it at work and never have to go to a gas station anymore lol.

For living in the lower mainland its fantastic, but try taking them over any BC mountain pass and they are worthless, range goes from 400 down to 200 the moment you start climbing anything more than a 20 second hill.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1