The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, 24K said:

Johnson being elected speaker is not gonna be good for Ukraine going forward. The guy is deeply against aiding Ukraine and will stonewall all aide to Ukraine moving forward. 

Will be absolutely no issue at all as a matter of fact. Because the Democrats were smart and they tied any and all assistance to Ukraine through assistance for Israel as they are being attacked. Not even the Republicans are that stupid as to risk looking like that by turning down helping Israel to justify their position in Ukraine because of some perceived issue with Biden

• Cheers 1

Just got power back on after a 13 hour outage, but while doom scrolling on my phone last night, I was watching what appeared to be wave after wave of russian assaults, but not with APC's and Tanks leading the way to close engagements and then spilling out their troops to fight: no. The meat waves as some Ukrainian forces are calling them, were simply tarp covered troop transports, some dating back to the 1940's screaming up roads in columns as fast as they driver could pin it, and mostly being destroyed by artillery fire before closing the gap enough to disembark their troops. Mostly centered around Andriivka's front lines. There was some debate about if at least one of the trucks was from the 1920's!!!!

I didn't believe Russia had lost over 5000 tanks but now I am starting to lean towards that higher number than the more conservative 3000. APC's too apparently are simply not available to ferry the 'meat waves' to their engagements. On some level I wonder if this is Putin's way of emptying the gulags without needing to build ovens. Similar disgusting waste of human lives. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Isn't that the guy who has the most seats but not a majority? Last I heard the opposition were working out a deal to remove him from power and install a governing coalition that would have a majority of seats between them. I could be confused, thought it was the Slovaks this was related to. 

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hard to think RuZ will have anything or anyone left to fire 350 000 rounds with those daily loses ..  

not only do those daily loss totals show the strength of UKraine,.

but the total inexperience and lack of training that RuZ is throwing into the zones.