The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

my appreciation of your note to me.

I guess with out certainty,   That sometimes I wonder if something nuclear is hit as a target ,  as much as deployed as a weapon.

The magnitude of some of these targets / ammo depots going up is incredible.

There's a lot of Twitter accounts out there to watch out for unfortunately. I too noticed who had posted it and contemplated saying something. One of those accounts I've seen spreading Russian propaganda from time to time so you know what side they are on.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This needs to be shown around the entirety of the rust belt and swing states where the conflict and increased production is helping lift Americans back out of poverty.  For a conflict trump promises to end by giving the other side what they want and ending assistance and arms thus ensuring thousands if not tens of thousands of lost jobs

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

FYI ..      wow ..   someone is seeking a change 

I have absolutely no confidence in any Iranian move towards a non nuke weapon. Simply a stalling effort until they have a functioning bomb. Hopefully the IDF carries out a tactical strike on Iranian nuke sites. Better yet a strategic strike on Iranian leadership. The Iranians are responsible for the death of 100's of thousands in the ME. They cannot get a pass on what they have done. Now they send bombs for Russian use in Ukraine. They are as bad as the Russians. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think it was this spring when tunnels on the Trans Siberian railroad were blown up and train traffice stopped for some time. I actually thought that the sabotage of this line would continue. It would stop Chinese and North Korean supplies reaching western Russia.  

• Cheers 1

Ukraine is expecting French Mirage-2000 🇫🇷 fighters from its partners and is also negotiating two more types of military aircraft According to the Minister of Defense Rustem Umerov, negotiations are underway regarding the Swedish Saab JAS-39 Gripen and the German-British Eurofighter Typhoon. "The enemy uses up to 300 aircraft, up to 300 helicopters, so we explain to our partners how many brigades or wings we need. We also reasonably explain to them what platforms we need and what weapons we should have," noted Umerov.bW1nTrsFVeRmcU8fQRFUiXT_ujZRPtDhkTTf5lZWNx2EQQXugLytT4StWXOGeKdehTFa1oTbqNtz9So=s400-nd-v1-rwa

• Like 1

Robert Deegan, Former Irish 🇮🇪 Army Ranger, Killed in Action A former elite Army Ranger of the Irish Armed Forces, Robert Deegan, was killed last Thursday while fighting against Russian forces in Ukraine. Deegan, 29, from Newbridge, County Kildare, was fatally wounded during combat, with news of his death emerging on September 22, according to The Irish Times. Despite having no prior connection to Ukraine before Russia’s 2022 invasion, Deegan was firmly committed to the belief that Russia needed to be defeated. He was described as a principled man determined to contribute to Ukraine’s defense, returning to the war even after being wounded two years ago. Deegan was mortally wounded while covering his team’s retreat during battles with Russian forces. A member of the Irish Armed Forces for 11 years, he was promoted to the Army Rangers Wing in 2017. His father is a former Army Ranger, and his brother is currently serving, making the Deegan family highly respected within the military community. Thank you for your dedication. Rest in peace.lg_vvj8PYNPGZyK4IH69khX_68q8doDFGw2RbU5I81EHPek7u_Ic-vyVRU3Ddn7kT38vNQSdFSz3R94=s539-rw-nd-v1

• Huggy Bear 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/zelensky-rejects-jd-vance-s-proposal-to-cede-territories-for-peace/ar-AA1r3Cib?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=86a5a36f26524fd4884aa4fcdd172767&ei=55

"Volodymyr Zelensky said in an interview with "The New Yorker" that the idea proposed by the candidate for U.S. Vice President, JD Vance, to end the war at the expense of Ukrainian territories is unacceptable. The Ukrainian president arrived in New York on Sunday, where he will participate in the UN General Assembly.

- His message [JD Vance's] seems to be that Ukraine must make a sacrifice. This brings us back to the question of the cost and who shoulders it. The idea that the world should end this war at Ukraine’s expense is unacceptable - Interfax-Ukraine quoted a portion of Zelensky's interview for "The New Yorker."

Zelensky noted that he does not consider "this concept" to be a plan in any formal sense.

It would be a terrible idea to force Ukraine to bear the costs of ending the war by giving up its territories. But that will of course never happen - Zelensky said.

He emphasized that such a scenario has no basis in international norms, the United Nations Charter, or in (rules of) justice.

--------------------

bit more at link

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2