The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I saw a headline. That if NATO attacked Russia in defence of Ukraine, Russia would fall in 3 days. 

I have mixed emotions. Part of me wants to have NATO kick Russia out. And make sure they don't do any kind of stupid aggression again.

But the other side of me worries escalation may not solve anything and just means more bloodshed. 

I find this hard to believe because that would require one hell of a logisitcal, tactical and strategic move. The other is where are the bases they would be staging from?

Unless they are talking a multi front invasion so that Putin gets overthrown.

Russia having nuclear weapons is the ultimate bluff. But considering Putin doesn't seem to be that all there, he seems just psycho enough to do it. 

Hopefully Ukraine will kick orc ass. It's certainly not the easy mark they thought it was. And it's bleeding Russia dry. 

The big question around Russia and their nuclear ability is, considering how badly the rest of their equipment has performed, would their rockets even fly.

Not that anyone really wants to find out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I saw a headline. That if NATO attacked Russia in defence of Ukraine, Russia would fall in 3 days. 

I have mixed emotions. Part of me wants to have NATO kick Russia out. And make sure they don't do any kind of stupid aggression again.

But the other side of me worries escalation may not solve anything and just means more bloodshed. 

I find this hard to believe because that would require one hell of a logisitcal, tactical and strategic move. The other is where are the bases they would be staging from?

Unless they are talking a multi front invasion so that Putin gets overthrown.

Russia having nuclear weapons is the ultimate bluff. But considering Putin doesn't seem to be that all there, he seems just psycho enough to do it. 

Hopefully Ukraine will kick orc ass. It's certainly not the easy mark they thought it was. And it's bleeding Russia dry. 

With this news below,  I wonder if this War / Conflict is becoming more about Liberating Russians ,   Many who do not want to War with UKR ,  …. Or go to a slaughter..

all because of one man’s ignorance.

• Upvote 1

It’s true:     Take the kids gloves off ..

🇺🇸🇺🇦 The US Helsinki Commission calls on Washington to abandon the Cold War-era status quo in relations with Russia and call Moscow a "permanent" threat to global security.

❗️The priority direction of the strategy is to ensure the victory of Ukraine in its defensive war against Russia, to call for "massive" military and humanitarian aid to Kyiv, and to enable the Ukrainian armed forces to strike deep into Russia with the help of Western weapons.

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

With this news below,  I wonder if this War / Conflict is becoming more about Liberating Russians ,   Many who do not want to War with UKR ,  …. Or go to a slaughter..

I think it is a mistake to think that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was solely a Putin gambit. The Russian demographic is imploding, as it is in many countries, but even worse inside Russia. They have not kidnapped 100's of thousands of Ukrainian kids for no reason. They are simply running out of people who can work and defend their country. Top that with the mindlessness of the majority of Russians who support the Ukraine invasion. Admittedly there is an opposition but how effectve it will ever be is questionable. 

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I forsee an explosion in the Russian Bride business, sadly...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s true:     Take the kids gloves off ..

🇺🇸🇺🇦 The US Helsinki Commission calls on Washington to abandon the Cold War-era status quo in relations with Russia and call Moscow a "permanent" threat to global security.

❗️The priority direction of the strategy is to ensure the victory of Ukraine in its defensive war against Russia, to call for "massive" military and humanitarian aid to Kyiv, and to enable the Ukrainian armed forces to strike deep into Russia with the help of Western weapons.

There is no guaranttee that Putin cannot revive his war effort and the effectiveness of his military. Possible but doubtful. Finishing Russia off has to be the 

#1 geopolitical goal for the western world. With Russia done it makes dealing with China so much easier. It could enable a much more secure globe which would benefit all people. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Having said that about Winter,.   
and apparently this one is supposed to be extremely cold where normally mild ..

Do the Ukrainian drones have heat sensors? 🙂 It will be a cold winter in Russia. The number and range of AFU drones is vastly improved since last 

winter. 

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Im gonna guess that the conscripts fit a very specific demographic.

He’s committing genocide on his own people no doubt.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

11 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I forsee an explosion in the Russian Bride business, sadly...

There's a huge shortage of brides in China. Probably another area where China will be taking advantage of Russia's increasingly desperate situation.

• Cheers 1

Im somewhat perplexed by some reporting these days …

I just read a CNN report about an announcement by RuZ stating that they are raising their defensive budget by 30% ..

and ummm,  UKR Forces are within 2 - 300kms of Moscow.

lol

“” The Russian government wants to earmark 32.5% of its spending for defense in 2025, a record amount and up from a reported 28.3% this year, as Moscow seeks to prevail in the war in Ukraine.

The government’s draft budget released Monday proposes spending just under 13.5 trillion rubles (over $145 billion) on national defense. That is about three trillion rubles ($32 billion) more than was set aside for defense in 2024, which was the previous record. “”