The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Ukrainian Forces 🇺🇦 Destroy Russian 'Nebo-M' Radar Station with ATACMS Missiles Ukrainian forces destroyed Russian Nebo-M radar station, which is capable of detecting and intercepting aerial targets, with ATACMS ballistic missiles. This was reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The exact location and timing of the radar station's destruction were not specified. However, it was noted that this strike would help create a favorable "air corridor" for the effective use of long-range Storm Shadow and SCALP-EG cruise missiles. According to the General Staff, the "Nebo-M" system is very difficult to hit, as it operates in a stealth mode, searching for aerial targets. Overall, Russian forces now have only 10 operational systems of this type, each costing over 100 million dollars.jmmH4nzpRJp6tzuIGXp-bNBGZED3gju-MWJoNJurk7oRLReT2SjKke7gSYM-lrS094IjP14eXzoWHfc=s800-rw-nd-v1

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I was listening to something about Lenin and how he purposely devalued Russian currency and dismantled the army in order to reshape Russian society into what became the Soviet Union.

We sure Putin isn’t doing the same? He always speaks about how he wants the Soviet Union back doesn’t he?

What if he’s purposely destroying Russia in order to rebuild it into his megalomaniac dream? He’s already got a pretty strong grip on them.

Kill off a few generals here, a few opposition leaders there, and bam he’s the undisputed tsar…

Edited by DeNiro

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was listening to something about Lenin and how he purposely devalued Russian currency and dismantled the army in order to reshape Russian society into what became the Soviet Union.

We sure Putin isn’t doing the same? He always speaks about how he wants the Soviet Union back doesn’t he?

What if he’s purposely destroying Russia in order to rebuild it into his megalomaniac dream? He’s already got a pretty strong grip on them.

Kill off a few generals here, a few opposition leaders there, and bam he’s the undisputed tsar…

personally I think it’s past that point,

Putin is so engrained in global terror and disruption ..

Collapsing his own country , as a war criminal,  who would seek help by sanctions lifted from western countries , and seeking new agreements for him to HONOUR,.    
      He does not have another  lifetime to live.

I’m  Pretty sure he will burn , or vaporize .

China may be waiting to take what they can of his resources.

On that point ,  resources..

Putin had it made .

Had he made agreements with the west in the 90’s he and that entire country could be thriving and be THE strongest in the World.

There is no trusting that criminal in any capacity.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

How much Russian oil production is on the tipping point as the war goes on. If Russia collapses (I expect this winter) the resulting insurrections inside Russia which would result could shut down their production for years. Talk of $50 oil will likely be a short term result which won't last long. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I think the main difference, from historical perspective, is that 100+ years ago all the countries that eventually became part of Soviet Union were weak and didn't have support from the West. That allowed russians to fight what they now call a "civil war" to "convince" these nations to join in. It's quite different now. Ukraine, Baltics, perhaps Georgia and Armenia have support from the West. Azerbaijan has Turkey behind it. Stans in Central Asia have strong ties with China.