The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

12 hours ago, JIAHN said:

Just as a point of debate..can the EU support the Russian/Ukraine war alone?

Russia's GDP is approx. 2.2 Trillion US dollars.....and ranks 11th in the world

Canada's GDP is approx 2.2 Trillion US dollars....and ranks 12th in the world

UK's GDP is approx 3.1 Trillion US dollars.............and ranks 6th in the world

The EU's GDP is approx...........

Around €14.5 trillion = 15.32 Trillion US Dollars

• The European Union, with a GDP of around €14.5 trillion, generates roughly 3/4 of Europe 's GDP. The EU as a whole is the third largest economy in the world, below the United States and China.

So, can the EU and UK (collectively 18.4 Trillion) support a war effort alone against Russia (2.2 Trillion)?

Your call!

Imagine trying to throw your weight around the world like a Superpower with the GDP of Canada.... 🫠

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Honky Cat said:

I think the USA realizes they must support Ukraine or Pootin’s evil will only spread. It’s a fight now in Ukraine or later on a larger scale scenario. 
And it’s pretty darned obvious (IMHAO) that Pootin was supporting Hamas in their October 7 plans. He wants to divide the US attention to two fronts. 
Thank goodness the world has Biden as POTUS. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I am of a belief that Ukraine and Israel are fighting the same enemy.

I beleive you are correct,

RuZ trying to create a diversion now , probably Wagner induced Hamas to lash out.

Israel is fed up,.  And probably sees through this..   but I’m sure they recognize the need to rid the threat for good.

I do feel sorry for peaceful Palestinians in all of this,.  
But if terrorist organizations like Hamas, Wagner , and RuZ are allowed to sleep with them..  it’s in the same bed.

getting back to ..

A "Sarmat rally" in Moscow.

Vehicles carrying "Sarmat missiles" with writings "To Washington" arrived to Moscow from seven other cities, including temporarily occupied Sevastopol, to drive through the city streets.

Two "Sarmatmobiles", as they are called in Russia, broke down along the way and didn't make it to the rally.

🙂 

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Something in the works

winter,  frozen ground .. Drones with Abrams and Leopards will move fast and furiously.

Exactly! I scratch my head when pundits suggest a stalemate winter. Last year when the Russians threated a 'winter' offensive on frozen ground it was an accepted fact. While I don't think time is on Ukraine's side I also think we have not seen anything close to what the AFU are capable of. Their production of drones is increasing on a massive scale. 

Russian operatives around the world are carrying out campaigns to undermine Ukrainian support. IMO  'peace' talks is one of these campaigns. Those that promote it are either Russian agents or those paid by the Russians in some manner. There is no way Zelensky can give up any piece of Ukraine. The strategy would eventually backfire as Putin rebuilds his military. My hope is that the USA will continue their support and actually send weapons that are much needed for an eventual victory. 

Lets hope the AFU launch 10,000 drones in a massive attack on Russian positions inside Ukraine and also into Russia. If Ukrainians have to live in the cold this winter then I hope Russians do as well. Turn the heat off in Moscow!!!  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Exactly! I scratch my head when pundits suggest a stalemate winter. Last year when the Russians threated a 'winter' offensive on frozen ground it was an accepted fact. While I don't think time is on Ukraine's side I also think we have not seen anything close to what the AFU are capable of. Their production of drones is increasing on a massive scale. 

Russian operatives around the world are carrying out campaigns to undermine Ukrainian support. IMO  'peace' talks is one of these campaigns. Those that promote it are either Russian agents or those paid by the Russians in some manner. There is no way Zelensky can give up any piece of Ukraine. The strategy would eventually backfire as Putin rebuilds his military. My hope is that the USA will continue their support and actually send weapons that are much needed for an eventual victory. 

Lets hope the AFU launch 10,000 drones in a massive attack on Russian positions inside Ukraine and also into Russia. If Ukrainians have to live in the cold this winter then I hope Russians do as well. Turn the heat off in Moscow!!!  

Any kind of peace talks needs to include the execution of Putin and the rest of his regime.  Russia cannot be negotiated with until it's danazified.  Giving these orcs a single acre of land is dooming the residents to rape, torture, and death.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1