The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Any kind of peace talks needs to include the execution of Putin and the rest of his regime.  Russia cannot be negotiated with until it's danazified.  Giving these orcs a single acre of land is dooming the residents to rape, torture, and death.

Exactly Hef. Those who think a peace can be negociated are willfully ignoring the last 1 1/2 years or even more so the history since 2014. What the Russians have committed in Ukraine is a war crime. Not exacting judgement over their actions is legitimizing murder, rape and kidnapping. It borders on genocide. Ukrainians would be fools to accept guarantees from the west. If nothing else the past 1 1/2 years have educated Ukrainians not to be fools.   

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

How would Ukrainian Special Forces end up in Sudan? 

My take is :

They are following the money Bouds ,

And im sure some shared Intel behind it.

it’s part of the activities that create the destabilization in many 3rd world countries RuZ extracts it’s wealth from.

No gold in Russia,  all comes from Africa.

mostly Wagner “merc” work.

At the same time they keep those 1st world countries off balance and in- fighting by creating and spreading mis information , creating conspiracy based protests.

I think RuZ has infiltrated every country these ways with agents designed for this purpose.

How did UForces they actually get there?

probably Better not to know,  but appreciate the fact that good in this world can work better than evil.

• Thanks 1

More on the ingenuity of UKraine to advance themselves throughout this war and beyond ..

I don't know how many were paying attention earlier this year when Rheinmetall (german tank manufacturer) indicated it was going to build a plant in Ukraine, but I missed this detail at the time - apparently, the new Panther will be the primary tank manufactured at the facility.

This is good for Ukraine, a lighter tank than Leopard 2/Challenger 2/Abrams, but also a brand-new design with the latest gear. This is also an export-minded design suitable for international sales.

I've said since early in this war that Ukraine could replace Russia as one of the world's best arms manufacturers after this war. They have the know-how from running much of russia's former shipbuilding , ICBM and rocketry engineering programs. They have innovated incredibly during this war.  I see good things ahead for this industry.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Taurus ..  bring it ..    this stuff is geo located .

Keep RuZ in ruins for decades.

What is the range of the new Ukrainian drones? 1000 miles? It is like you said I suspect many surprises by the AFU as they roll out their new weapons. Maybe the Russians will have to revisit their WW2 plan of moving all their production east of the Urals. 

Many stories of the Russians knocking down German factories in WW2 and shipping everything back to Russia. Not just the Russians. My mother's cousin was flying a DC3 size plane out of a German airfield close to Dusseldorf in 1945. The airfield was next to a factory full of tool and dye equipment. They were flying this stuff back to England. Not sure if it carried on to Canada or not. Very advanced stuff. Sadly his plane crashed in the North Sea. 

To your point about Ukrainian weapons development. Just look at the drones dropping bombs on the Russians today versus 1 1/2 years ago. They carry 5 bombs now instead of one, the accuracy is incredible, the size of the bombs has increased, ability to penetrate armor is better and the range has expanded. Amazing stuff. 

• Vintage 3

On 11/3/2023 at 12:05 AM, DSVII said:

Imagine trying to throw your weight around the world like a Superpower with the GDP of Canada.... 🫠

Russia's GDP is roughly the same as Canada but they have 3 times the population. I believe their GDP is going lower and lower too. We likely have passed them at this point in time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

What is the range of the new Ukrainian drones? 1000 miles? It is like you said I suspect many surprises by the AFU as they roll out their new weapons. Maybe the Russians will have to revisit their WW2 plan of moving all their production east of the Urals. 

Many stories of the Russians knocking down German factories in WW2 and shipping everything back to Russia. Not just the Russians. My mother's cousin was flying a DC3 size plane out of a German airfield close to Dusseldorf in 1945. The airfield was next to a factory full of tool and dye equipment. They were flying this stuff back to England. Not sure if it carried on to Canada or not. Very advanced stuff. Sadly his plane crashed in the North Sea. 

To your point about Ukrainian weapons development. Just look at the drones dropping bombs on the Russians today versus 1 1/2 years ago. They carry 5 bombs now instead of one, the accuracy is incredible, the size of the bombs has increased, ability to penetrate armor is better and the range has expanded. Amazing stuff. 

A note on the drone bombs, local users have worked out low tech advancements to those drone dropped bombs. Instead of a 5th grenade size bomb, they will instead use a tube filled with flammable liquids, I have checked out a few vids now with the 'anti-infantry' modification. The drone will drop the tube of gas or whatnot first into the trench, which explodes and covers all the guys in flammables then they will drop one of the grenade-like bombs and its explosion will ignite the gas all over the trench and dugout now. Before this low tech advancement all four or five bombs might not take out an infantry section...but with the modification to the tactics one flammables tube and then one bomb will take out the five or six altogether. More bang for the Ukrainian buck, as it were. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

A note on the drone bombs, local users have worked out low tech advancements to those drone dropped bombs. Instead of a 5th grenade size bomb, they will instead use a tube filled with flammable liquids, I have checked out a few vids now with the 'anti-infantry' modification. The drone will drop the tube of gas or whatnot first into the trench, which explodes and covers all the guys in flammables then they will drop one of the grenade-like bombs and its explosion will ignite the gas all over the trench and dugout now. Before this low tech advancement all four or five bombs might not take out an infantry section...but with the modification to the tactics one flammables tube and then one bomb will take out the five or six altogether. More bang for the Ukrainian buck, as it were. 

My first thought was that's bloody hideous.  Of course my second thought was that Ukrainians aren't doing this kind of stuff just because they like it.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

My first thought was that's bloody hideous.  Of course my second thought was that Ukrainians aren't doing this kind of stuff just because they like it.

As a species, we excel in killing each other, in ever increasingly more effective ways.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

47 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Yeah, it is overall pretty gross, war isn't a board game or a video game though. There comes a point where you need to reduce the enemies numbers and infrastructure and equipment cheaper than they can reduce yours. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2